• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Fibromyalgia and MDMA?

GravitysAngel

Greenlighter
I am wondering if someone with fibromyalgia runs any extra risks if they choose to responsibly use MDMA. (Which of course, starts with research!) Specfically, I'm curious about condition-to-MDMA risks and benefits, independent of typical fibromyalgia-related prescriptions, but any information is welcomed!
Please let me know if you have any information or direct or indirect experience with this condition and MDMA.

Swims Partner has been diagnosed with Hypermobility and Fibromyalga. She has not found any negative effects. She also finds that MDMA is the only thing that can actually relieve the pain for a few hours and alow her to dance etc, this is the only time she is not in pain. Occasionally she is in a bit mroe pain days after but this is prob cause by being more active whilst on MDMA

I am wondering if someone with fibromyalgia runs any extra risks if they choose to responsibly use MDMA. (Which of course, starts with research!) Specfically, I'm curious about condition-to-MDMA risks and benefits, independent of typical fibromyalgia-related prescriptions, but any information is welcomed!
Please let me know if you have any information or direct or indirect experience with this condition and MDMA.

I have severe RLS and fibro and am RX'd gabapentin 2400 mg daily. I was previously on lyrica but it cost too damn much. I've never had any issues taking MDMA or MDA on my meds. Possibly a slight reduction of the intensity of MDMA, but I am 90% sure this is psychological in nature. With MDA I find it actually compliments the effects.

Based on my understanding of fibro, their should not be a problem. In theory, MDMA might be cable to relieve some symptoms of fibro. Obviously this is a terrible idea though as it would cause far more problems then it would solve.

No real risks or benefits, IME, just be careful about the comedown/over exertion triggering a flare. Esp if you have any of the common psych comorbidities - depression/anxiety/bipolar and Suicide Tuesday can be a terrible mix.