• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc fiarly decent, non addictive phenibut substitute

throatgorge

Bluelighter
l-glutamine + l-lysine + fasoracetam
l-glutamine, is the brain's precursor to GABA, and many people find that it can cause a bit of euphoria when taken in high doses, on an empty stomach.
l-lysine is needed to convert l-glutamine into GABA within the brain, and can be fairly sedating and mood altering on its own.
fasoracetam (sp?) in addition to being a (rather expensive) racetam type nootropic, causes the brain's GABBA to be used by the GABA b receptors, the same receptors that GHB, Phenibut, and to some extent Gota Kola use. It is thought to be non addictive since it creates this sensation in a different way than GHB or phenibut use.
report: I've been using fasoracetam rather infrequently. Some people say in high doses it will get you high, but I have used much higher doses than the standard 50 mg (as high as 250) an noticed no difference. It definitely produces a familiar sensation in my head, but the effect is terribly subtle.
Took about 5 grams of l-glutamine last night with l-lysine, did not notice much of a head change. took l-lysine again to help get good sleep.
Took 2.5 grams of l-gutamine this morning with no l-lysine on an empty stomach. At around 1/2 hour, while cooking, I began to notice a heavy, pleasant head change quite consistent with gabanergic drugs.
I went to get some fasoracetam and noticed only a very subtle shift in the feeling. Not very long lasting, and rather subtle, but close enough for me not to be tempted back to the more druglike choices.

Very interesting report, I will do a bit of research on this myself, thank you for your information.

If you (try the combo again, make modifications, etc) and get better results, let us know.

I find that this could be interesting.

I am curious if it would cause any significant damage to GABA sites or sodium ion channels; or its effect on NMDA...

cool, well, there's a bit of a tolerance as far as the l-glutamate goes. I am reporting back, as I requested, with more to report. I just got some powdered l-glutamate, so I can try a higher dose without washing down endless pills. I had 7.5 grams of l-glutamate, vitamin b-6, and lysine to start with. This time I thought I'd see how it went with kava, so when I felt the change begin I downed a quick micronized powder Bula Kava House 11 year waka. This kava isn't the strongest I've had in terms of making me feel kind of drunk and bow legged, but has a really nice empathogen/anxiolotic componant, and for all I know, six tablespoons (my usual kava dose) might be way stronger. The 11 year kava is just as strong at two tablespoons as regular stuff. I have a feeling if I took more it might make me nauseated though. It isn't a knock out type buzz the way isa or tudei kava is, but it has become my favorite. using my l-glutamate stack with the kava has definitely made the sedation and the head buzz a great deal stronger. Feels more like kava at this point than phenibut. There really isn't a prosexual componant either, which was the main kick I got out of GHB and phenibut, when that stuff was available. However, for a really powerful buzz and euphoric relaxation, this has done the trick nicely. ALSO I think I should weigh in on the whole GABA not-getting past the blood brain barrier thing-----> take it on an empty stomach with niacin (I use real niacin, not niacinimide-- stronger!) and inositol, and it works great. Absolutely not just the inositol and niacin alone that does this. About a gram of GABA, four grams of inositol, and enough niacin to just make me flush a little REALLY feels great. Right now the kava buzz is actually kind of overpowering. Quite enjoying experiment #2.