Mental Health Few Questions Related to Aggression, Misc Chemicals, and Research Chemicals

Eisbaer

Bluelighter
What would be the medical term or terms for someone who loses it, or gets really angry at things which would normally not make someone angry? For example, if someone changes their plans with you, you would get very angry or mad at them, when a healthy person would not mind that much.

From what I understand, that may be considered as irritability or aggression, but I am not exactly sure which one it would be, or if it would be considered as something else completely.

In your opinion, what would be the best treatment for such aggression/irritability as stated above? And what do you think might be the best treatment which does not require a prescription? Also, are there any research chemicals which may also treat such irritability/aggression?

From irritability to aggression there is only one step, especially if you are abusing stims or dissos IMO.

The best treatment is being mindful of yourself and your thoughts, trying out meditation practices, yoga, reducing recreational drugs intake and ultimately signing up with a psychologist for a cognitive behavioral therapy.

I too suffer from extreme irritability and aggression (partly due to occasional stimulants abuse) - meditation, mantras chanting, rituals and yoga help a million! ;)

As for substances to help, I would recommend to look at 5HT-1A and sigma-1 receptor agonists if you can find them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT1A_receptor#Agonists
Basically all psychedelics posses these properties. I'm trying out Fabomotizole for this purpose now.

There is a discussion of such drugs in the neuroscience forum: http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/832...re-no-Serotonine-5HT1A-selective-agonists-RCs

Last edited:
From irritability to aggression there is only one step, especially if you are abusing stims or dissos IMO.

Also, benzos. Many users will try to self-medicate for aggressive behavior, especially during stim comedowns, by using benzodiazepine-type tranquilizers, but this quickly ends up biting them in the ass since benzodiazepines tend to remove inhibitions that would normally prevent them from giving in to their abusive tendencies.

Realistically, the only responsible/effective treatment would be to see a psychiatrist (that would presumably prescribe antidepressants and mood stabilizers) as well as a therapist (to help you work out coping strategies).

This if from the Wikipedia article for "Intermittent Explosive Disorder", an impulse control disorder characterized by episodes of extreme irritability and aggressiveness:
Wikipedia said:
Treatment is attempted through both cognitive behavioral therapy and psychotropic medication regimens, though the pharmaceutical options have shown limited success.[9] Therapy aids in helping the patient recognize the impulses in hopes of achieving a level of awareness and control of the outbursts, along with treating the emotional stress that accompanies these episodes. Multiple drug regimens are frequently indicated for IED patients. Cognitive Relaxation and Coping Skills Therapy (CRCST) has shown preliminary success in both group and individual settings compared to waitlist control groups.[9] This therapy consists of 12 sessions, the first three focusing on relaxation training, then cognitive restructuring, then exposure therapy. The final sessions focus on resisting aggressive impulses and other preventative measures.[9]

Tricyclic antidepressants and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, and sertraline appear to alleviate some pathopsychological symptoms.[1][10] GABAergic mood stabilizers and anticonvulsive drugs such as gabapentin, lithium, carbamazepine, and divalproex seem to aid in controlling the incidence of outbursts.[1][11][12][13] Anxiolytics help alleviate tension and may help reduce explosive outbursts by increasing the provocative stimulus tolerance threshold, and are especially indicated in patients with comorbid obsessive-compulsive or other anxiety disorders.[11] However, certain anxiolytics are known to increase anger and irritability in some individuals, especially benzodiazepines.[14]

This if from the Wikipedia article for "Intermittent Explosive Disorder", an impulse control disorder characterized by episodes of extreme irritability and aggressiveness:

Thank you for posting Hodor! I didnt know about this one, havent read the DSM-5 fully. Appears I have a check for every symptom since the early childhood, stimulant abuse greatly exacerbate it for me... I wouldnt call myself passive aggressive but I have been diagnosed with borderline PD in the past. Weird outbursts definitely spoil relationships with my loved ones. Outbursts also may cause chest pain and symptoms similar to panic attack.
CBT is very helpful, so is mindfulness and contact with animals.

Naturally drawn to all serotonergic drugs (but dont feel like taking classic SSRIs - makes me a dumb and plain soulless creature), maybe that condition explains why - when I take MDA or similar, I would feel no irritation, no aggression, no disruption of energy channeling - I would feel serene for a couple of days and it would worth a little depression after. I can easily meditate on MDA for that very same reason. Most psychedelics have serenic effect and long lasting after effect on me too.

Have limited but positive success using Cardimap (ayurvedic hypertensive medicine based on rauwolfia serpentina) and Kratom, dealing with these irritability and aggression issues, using intermittently.

Going to also try Memantine and Mebicar eventually - in the past Mebicar showed itself pretty good.

I know, self-medication is unadvisable and dangerous but it works a lot of times for me, especially being very familiar with psychology practice and a prescription routine.

I'm sorry if I have hijacked your thread, Eisbaer.8)

The best treatment is being mindful of yourself and your thoughts, trying out meditation practices, yoga, reducing recreational drugs intake and ultimately signing up with a psychologist for a cognitive behavioral therapy.

I too suffer from extreme irritability and aggression (partly due to occasional stimulants abuse) - meditation, mantras chanting, rituals and yoga help a million! ;)

As for substances to help, I would recommend to look at 5HT-1A and sigma-1 receptor agonists if you can find them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT1A_receptor#Agonists
Basically all psychedelics posses these properties. I'm trying out Fabomotizole for this purpose now.

There is a discussion of such drugs in the neuroscience forum: http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/832...re-no-Serotonine-5HT1A-selective-agonists-RCs

Do stimulants and dissociatives really increase aggression? I have been taking: stimulants, dissociatives, and also alcohol once a month (at most) for each. The aggression doesn't seem to get any better, and sometimes I feel angry and can't fall asleep because of something.

How has your experience with Fabomotizole been so far; has it helped reduce aggression?

Also, benzos. Many users will try to self-medicate for aggressive behavior, especially during stim comedowns, by using benzodiazepine-type tranquilizers, but this quickly ends up biting them in the ass since benzodiazepines tend to remove inhibitions that would normally prevent them from giving in to their abusive tendencies.

Realistically, the only responsible/effective treatment would be to see a psychiatrist (that would presumably prescribe antidepressants and mood stabilizers) as well as a therapist (to help you work out coping strategies).

Do any mood stabilizers exist that don't require a prescription?

Thank you for posting Hodor! I didnt know about this one, havent read the DSM-5 fully. Appears I have a check for every symptom since the early childhood, stimulant abuse greatly exacerbate it for me... I wouldnt call myself passive aggressive but I have been diagnosed with borderline PD in the past. Weird outbursts definitely spoil relationships with my loved ones. Outbursts also may cause chest pain and symptoms similar to panic attack.
CBT is very helpful, so is mindfulness and contact with animals.

Naturally drawn to all serotonergic drugs (but dont feel like taking classic SSRIs - makes me a dumb and plain soulless creature), maybe that condition explains why - when I take MDA or similar, I would feel no irritation, no aggression, no disruption of energy channeling - I would feel serene for a couple of days and it would worth a little depression after. I can easily meditate on MDA for that very same reason. Most psychedelics have serenic effect and long lasting after effect on me too.

Have limited but positive success using Cardimap (ayurvedic hypertensive medicine based on rauwolfia serpentina) and Kratom, dealing with these irritability and aggression issues, using intermittently.

Going to also try Memantine and Mebicar eventually - in the past Mebicar showed itself pretty good.

I know, self-medication is unadvisable and dangerous but it works a lot of times for me, especially being very familiar with psychology practice and a prescription routine.

I'm sorry if I have hijacked your thread, Eisbaer.8)

It's alright, it seems like it is related to my original questions. However, are there any non prescription medications available for treating aggression? I want to avoid the hegemony.

Do any mood stabilizers exist that don't require a prescription?

It's alright, it seems like it is related to my original questions. However, are there any non prescription medications available for treating aggression? I want to avoid the hegemony.

"Avoid the Rx hegemony"? Dude, it's your mental health (not to mention the health of those around you if your condition involves bouts of aggression) - your first impulse should be to seek help from a professional who can correctly diagnose you and prescribe meds that are appropriate for your condition and have been proved to be effective and safe, not look for grey-market drugs that are either poorly understood, highly addictive, or both.

A lot of people on these forums (me included) can tell you from firsthand experience that trying to self-medicate for mental illness with recreational substances usually ends up being one of the worst mistakes you'll make in your life.

Take care

Last edited:
"Avoid the Rx hegemony"? Dude, it's your mental health (not to mention the health of those around you if your condition involves bouts of aggression) - your first impulse should be to seek help from a professional who can correctly diagnose you and prescribe meds that are appropriate for your condition and have been proved to be effective and safe, not look for grey-market drugs that are either poorly understood, highly addictive, or both.

A lot of people on these forums (me included) can tell you from firsthand experience that trying to self-medicate for mental illness with recreational substances usually ends up being one of the worst mistakes you'll make in your life.

Take care

I would, but unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of living in a country with free health care. Finding a "professional", getting a prescription, and purchasing "safe and tested" medication would cost upwards of hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Getting one prescription alone may cost over $50 or a $100. And for me, I don't have that kind of money just lying around for one prescription, especially when there are already sufficiently tested and sold Russian medicines available for purchase online for a fraction of that cost. It may not be FDA approved, but as long as it's approved by the Russian government, it's fine with me. I personally, wouldn't purchase sketchy chemicals with suspicious chemical makeups and bad reviews, so I am generally safe from taking poorly understood addictive zombie drugs.

I believe that is the most economic way to move forward. Seeking professional help would bankrupt me, and eventually I would not have sufficient funds to keep repurchasing the prescription and medication. I'd rather spend $50 every two months or so, on proven Russian medicine or a highly reviewed medicine which works for many people instead.

It would reduce the risk I pose to other people as well. Not doing anything at all, and not seeking any sort of treatment, professional or self medicated, due to insufficient funds and risk morals, would only increase the chance of harm to others. So, even with self-medication, it would definitely help me and those around me. It may not be the most "idealistic" choice, but it is better than nothing, with my current situation.

Last edited: