View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Few foods with psychedelic properties

Coffeeshroom

Bluelight Crew
Morning guys. I come across this article, tho a little old still interesting, let me know what you think?

Happy reading
Coffeeshroom

Thanks for sharing!
Would maybe try that sea bream fish, never heard if hallucinogenic fish!
They missed banana peels, hehe.

Yeah I've heard of the fish before. Apparently it's because they eat a certain plant that contains the compounds that produce psychoactive effects.

Yeah it's actually very interesting how plants and creature can become psychedelic just by the food they consume. Glad most found this informative

Thanks for sharing!
Would maybe try that sea bream fish, never heard if hallucinogenic fish!
They missed banana peels, hehe.
with banana peels how do you consume it? from my research so far it seems like a massive mission and most claim it not to work or maybe they doing it wrong who knows.

The banana peel thing is a reference to the "Anarchists's Cookbook" where it claimed you could make LSD by putting a penny on a banana peel and eventually eating whatever formed. Which is total bullshit. It quickly became a joke. That was some 90s Internet shit right there. ?

Hmm, I did not get that from the cookbook, but did try it back in the early 90s. Drying out the inside scrapings of the peel, then smoking the brown resulting powder. Tastes awful but gave a mild, dreamlike buzz, similar to low-dose moonflower.

Even though researchers at New York University have found that banana peels contain no intoxicating chemicals, banana peels do contain the psychoactive neurotransmitters tyramine and dopamine in significant amounts that if ingested are enough to affect people. The most characteristic effect of the interaction is a massive increase in blood pressure, leading to a hypertensive crisis, and possibly arrhythmia and death.[2] Bananas contain tryptophan which, when ingested, increases levels of serotonin in the body. This can lead to various mood-altering effects (Leathwood and Pollet, 1982) including a reduction in depression (Sainio et al., 1996). As well, Xiao et al. (1998) found that eating just two bananas a day for three days increased levels of serotonin in the blood by 16%. However, there is no mention in the literature of tryptophan having any hallucinogenic effects; it has, in fact, been used to reduce hallucinations in patients with mental disorders — from forums.ubi.com

We did this as a group a handful of times. Again, just anecdotal; we could have just thought we were getting some effects, but it was pretty real to me and I can still recall the minor feelings it gave. So I don;t know.

all i ever need . . . .

is mushrooms, bananas,
fresh water and some greens.

swinging from the branches
in the garden of dreams

and the redemption bong. ?

Hmm, I did not get that from the cookbook, but did try it back in the early 90s. Drying out the inside scrapings of the peel, then smoking the brown resulting powder. Tastes awful but gave a mild, dreamlike buzz, similar to low-dose moonflower.

Even though researchers at New York University have found that banana peels contain no intoxicating chemicals, banana peels do contain the psychoactive neurotransmitters tyramine and dopamine in significant amounts that if ingested are enough to affect people. The most characteristic effect of the interaction is a massive increase in blood pressure, leading to a hypertensive crisis, and possibly arrhythmia and death.[2] Bananas contain tryptophan which, when ingested, increases levels of serotonin in the body. This can lead to various mood-altering effects (Leathwood and Pollet, 1982) including a reduction in depression (Sainio et al., 1996). As well, Xiao et al. (1998) found that eating just two bananas a day for three days increased levels of serotonin in the blood by 16%. However, there is no mention in the literature of tryptophan having any hallucinogenic effects; it has, in fact, been used to reduce hallucinations in patients with mental disorders — from forums.ubi.com

We did this as a group a handful of times. Again, just anecdotal; we could have just thought we were getting some effects, but it was pretty real to me and I can still recall the minor feelings it gave. So I don;t know.
i did the same back then but it was no near to moonflowers and thank fuck for that as that stuff can make you trip days on end....

Last edited:
with banana peels how do you consume it? from my research so far it seems like a massive mission and most claim it not to work or maybe they doing it wrong who knows.
Haha, you have all just reminded me of the day when I removed the inner slither type bits from inside the banana skin, dried them out and smoked about 5 big bucket bongs.

It had a slight effect, just due to me "consuming" something that way, there will be some minor physical effects at least. But really it just tasted of bananas (surprise!).

It wasn't particularly pleasant enjoyable or memorable and I wouldn't recommend but I'm sure there are other parts of the skin to be used in other ways where maybe there would be more purpose.