European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Festivals 2016

Josh

Bluelight Crew
Tis almost the season! I've got tickets for three already, Boomtown is the main event again but I'm also going to a couple of smaller ones, Field Trip Party was a little one night thing I went to on a whim last year and had a great time. They've made it two nights and moved it to the August Bank holiday weekend this year so going to that again. First up is No Man's Land in a month though.

Hope it's stopped snowing by then! Actually hope it's stopped snowing by this weekend since first camping of the year on Friday. Aimed for 14 nights under canvas last year and only managed 11, think I've already got more than that planned for this year though.

Anyone else got any plans already? Is anyone / has anyone done any festivals abroad recently? Something I've always wanted to do. Had my eye on Defqon for a couple of years as a sort of Tomorrowland without the Glastonburyesque ticket unavailability.

Going to Electric Frog, Parklife, T in the park and Dekmantel so far this year.

I'm headed to No Mans Land too. It's my 30th that weekend! Also doing Smallworld and another little one somewhere. Love Boomtown but mostly stick to the smaller ones these days.

Going to Electric Frog, Parklife, T in the park and Dekmantel so far this year.
Fellow Scot?

I'm also heading to Dekmantel, went last year and it was brilliant. Might do the Kelburn Garden Party as well, always good vibes there.

Fellow Scot?

I'm also heading to Dekmantel, went last year and it was brilliant. Might do the Kelburn Garden Party as well, always good vibes there.

Aye:)

Only heard good things about it. I wanted to go the last 2 years but no one was up for it:(

We've got accommodation on site so should be messy!

I'm also spinning at a night called Disco Dolly in Amsterdam on Monday the 9th, so will need to try and reel it in a bit!

I got a guesty for Kelburn last year but my mates bailed so gave it away. Have you been to the one dayers they do? If so any good? Comparable to the weekend? Might be easier dragging folk to one of them rather than the full thing.

Aye:)

Only heard good things about it. I wanted to go the last 2 years but no one was up for it:(

We've got accommodation on site so should be messy!

I'm also spinning at a night called Disco Dolly in Amsterdam on Monday the 9th, so will need to try and reel it in a bit!

I got a guesty for Kelburn last year but my mates bailed so gave it away. Have you been to the one dayers they do? If so any good? Comparable to the weekend? Might be easier dragging folk to one of them rather than the full thing.
Aye same here man, we've got a wee cabin sorted. There's a crew of about 15 going with us so it might get a bit mental but the atmosphere is way more chilled compared to the UK festivals I've been to. The Kelburn one dayers are brilliant as well, such a cool setting and the music is a bit more suited to me. The Forrest Disco they do in May is usually more House/Techno related.

I usually go to Bearded Theory, but probably not this year.

Maybe some other one-portaloo festival in the arse end of nowhere .....

I went to Bearded Theory last year after Sunrise got cancelled. Really enjoyed it. Very interesting mix of music, and people! Gutted I'm I'm not going this year tbh as Ott and The All Seeing I are playing and would love to see them again.

The Movement Festival-already have tickets. House and techno are still incredibly popular here.

I'll probably head out to some rock shows but I don't skip the mDEMF.

I'm probably heading to no mans too, will be my first time, I'm assuming with it being a smallish festival security/searches will be at a bare minimum?
Sincerely,
One Paranoid Stoner

It's against the BLUA to give drug smuggling advice unfortunately, but I got the most thorough searching of the year at the smallest festival I went to last year, so I wouldn't take size of the festival as any indication.

I'm probably going sober to this one anyway, since the drugs I might like to take at an event like this make me feel the cold something chronic, and it's not yet warm enough out for me to survive it I don't think!

Did Shambala and an ATP last year. Then another ATP this year - probably no more summery fields besides ones of my own choosing, money be tight.

I might make the trek up to Byron Bay for Splendour in the Grass. A mate is djing there so i can get in for free. Would be great to see The Cure. Depends on being able to get the time off and how my parents are going.
Not worried about the sniffer dogs and searches which we never used to have to deal with but are now common place. A drop or three of acid before we go in will cover the whole day. If i go i will probably only do the one day. Too old for multi day festival benders now. Pass the Zimmer frame.

574483a213000001053829f9.jpeg

Only £23!

Never heard of a single act on that bill. But i am out of touch and an old fart so my opinion is not worth much.

Most of these are never heard of for me as well, but that was the situation previous two years also.
But those were the best days of summer for me :)

I am from myanmar(burma), apology if i am not in the right topic or forum, first time going to tomorrowland and europe. so noob. I have been to rave party in US and Asia. *snip*. Highly appreciate everyone. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: