• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl..

Ops

Ex-Bluelighter
So I was curious if anyone knew how long it takes for a Fentanyl patch to take effect when actually worn as intended.

I know the best way to "enjoy" it is to eat the gel and then chew on the patch but I was just curious what the on-set is?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

well it depends how u use it, if you slap it on your arm unchanged, should absorb at somewhere between 12.5 mcg an hour to 100 mcg an hour, from anecdotal reports, i find people usually feel something by the 3rd hour, and at the 6th there nodding, some take off that patch at that point and save it, if you absorb it buccally, it should kick in within 15-30 minutes, and last about 2-3 hours (very very short half life, thats the reason for the patch)

PLEASE READ THIS PART AT THE LEAST some warnings, you may get very little euphoria, and alot of cns depression, meaning you like hey im not high yet, you do some more and you stop breathing, and the patches have more than they need to more some reason, usually like 50% more fentanyl, if you do it bucally it would be hard if not impossible to control your dose, same with smoking

what mcg/hour strength is the patch? i could help more if you told me, also what is your tolerance to opiates/opiods

if you have no tolerance, and its the 25 mcg or the 12.5mcg/hour patch, then i recommend you slap it on, and take it off after 2 hours, to see how it effects you, if you got a tolerance, then the 12.5 should be fine to just wear for the full 3 days

please dont cut it open and eat it, you could die, and nobody wants that i promise

also the hotter the temperature in the room the more the patch will release per hour, and the colder it is the less it releases, so consider that before heading out on a hot day and going on walk in the sun with the patch on

@kratomman420 thank you for all your information but if you read my profile I work in pharmaceutical researching / medical research. I'm very informed about recreational usage of fentanyl. In the future I think it'd be better to leave out as little information as possible when telling someone what NOT to do with the patches; eg; do not cut, tear, etc.

I'm very aware of all of this but not trying to sound like an asshole but all I asked was how long it takes to start absorption in the skin via the patch. Most people might take your information as an insult or either make it seem as you're trying to be a know-it-all. So future reference if you're new to drug forums, it's usually best to just answer a question asked, OR, to not come off as an asshole you could always ask questions to help better inform you of the person's questions.

However, you did happen to actually answer the question and much much more so thank you.

My experience is around 2-3 hours before I start to really feel it. Seeing as how this is a harm reduction board I believe krtomman420 is well within the boundaries supported by this website to give as much information as possible, as you didn't mention your actual relationship or knowledge of the drug in your OP.

My experience is around 2-3 hours before I start to really feel it. Seeing as how this is a harm reduction board I believe krtomman420 is well within the boundaries supported by this website to give as much information as possible, as you didn't mention your actual relationship or knowledge of the drug in your OP.
So I was curious if anyone knew how long it takes for a Fentanyl patch to take effect when actually worn as intended.

I know the best way to "enjoy" it is to eat the gel and then chew on the patch but I was just curious what the on-set is?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I said I knew the unconvential and intended methods of use. I asked what the on-set period was when applying the patch the intended way.

this has been asked 1000 times by people including myself but here ya go. shave area above heart to the point of almost bleeding (as this opens the pores), put patch on, hold HARD pressure for 1 minute, rub it a little, put tape over it to prevent falling or coming off. you should be feeling it in under an hour and floating in 3 in you add heat or get into a HOT shower this will make it hit harder but last less. and dont forget the dangers of blahahahahahah

this has been asked 1000 times by people including myself but here ya go. shave area above heart to the point of almost bleeding (as this opens the pores), put patch on, hold HARD pressure for 1 minute, rub it a little, put tape over it to prevent falling or coming off. you should be feeling it in under an hour and floating in 3 in you add heat or get into a HOT shower this will make it hit harder but last less. and dont forget the dangers of blahahahahahah

I appreciate that. I doubt I'll shave the area until it almost bleeds almost, but I will shave the area.. I was just curious on others experiences really. next time I'll be a lot more detailed in a post so someone doesn't assume I'm some 13yr old that stole a patch or other drug from their dying grandmother.