• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids fentanyl withdrawl/taper help

Heero77

Bluelighter
hey everyone! First time posting I use to read these forums about ten years ago I was heavy into iving heroin and oxys, been clean for the most part till about a month ago in lockdown I picked up out of bordom a bag a day habit for about 3 weeks of what I'm told is fentanyl. And I have to start work next week I had done what I had left last night around 5pm went thru hot and cold sweats this morning then had really really bad depression, my buddy who I was getting from owed me some money and gave me 2 bags and I did a little to get the depression away now I'm just dizzy and feel like I'm going to puke, is it possible for me to taper down with what I have or am I going to get withdrawls no matter what? ( Sick is fine it's the bordom and depression that's killing me) plus I know nothing about fentanyl withdrawl is it just like any other opiate?? Thanks in advance

I know that fent stays in the tissue long from extended use (despite it's ordinarily shorter half life in comparison to other opiates/opioids). But 3 weeks of use its not ultra substantial.

There's good news and bad news. The withdrawal will be very intense but because of the shorter half life it will be over a tad faster. Oxy withdrawal notoriously goes on and onnnnn. But with fent it's like you'll wake up one day and feel pretty okay again after a horrible period of massive depression. It's not as drawn out as other opiates in terms of the withdrawal department (in my opinion). Synthetic tends to have the worst depression aspect for some reason from what I've noticed, but you snap back to normal more quickly and when it happens you'll definitely know. The depression part does not linger like it does with oxy. Give it twelve miserable days more or less and you'll be okay again. I suggest trying your hardest not to relapse. You'll gain relief but it only makes the withdrawal linger.

I recall being so depressed I could not be bothered to answer any text messages and people started texting me to ask if I was alive lol. But not too much after that I was fine. The depression is unreal. I sympathize with that heavily.

Yes it's been about twelve hours since my last dose, was pukeing before and I got this massive head ache that keeps comeing and going but yea the depression is bad....worst part about it is with everything going on and my life is kinda messed up right now its really bad, but I'm not going to relapse I'm done I need to be ready to go back to work and all ,and I do have bud to smoke but it seems like it does nothing was tempted to maybe get some beers but I'm sure that wount help at all

Yes it's been about twelve hours since my last dose, was pukeing before and I got this massive head ache that keeps comeing and going but yea the depression is bad....worst part about it is with everything going on and my life is kinda messed up right now its really bad, but I'm not going to relapse I'm done I need to be ready to go back to work and all ,and I do have bud to smoke but it seems like it does nothing was tempted to maybe get some beers but I'm sure that wount help at all

In my experience smoking during withdrawal = horrible come up/paranoia and anxiety I normally don't get when not in withdrawal compensated by a relaxing comedown. It's like a double edge sword.

Stims are questionable in withdrawal. I don't know if I would have ever been able to get past them without adderall though. Indeed the anxiety can be bad but at least it doesn't make time last forever and leave me feeling constantly fatigued like I do without it in withdrawal. If you find stimulants help you adderall/coke/what not... those do clear the body quickly in case you have an upcoming drug test. But people are conflicted on stimulant use during opiate withdrawal. It's the only thing that helps me not want to jump off a bridge.

Benzos clear the body quickly and are a great comfort drug for this situation as well. I don't know what you have access to. If you have access to nothing besides booze and weed you might as well just stay indoors and take it easy/listen to good music.

There's really not too much you can do especially with a withdrawal like fentynal -- kratom wouldn't do much at all. But you don't sound naive to the opiate game and you've probably withdrawn hard before in the past. You know what it's like.

Yes I've def had worse wd, but dident know what to expect this time, All I have access To i's booze and weed. Maybe smokeing is what's makeing me feel like I want to jump out of my skin but when I'm sober weed is what I need to survive lol. The fact I have money and can cop is what's killing me plus depression.I'm not really haveing hot and cold flash's inless that's still to come I do have the shakes I normally don't shake like this inless it's a day after drinking