• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Withdrawal

Hey everyone

I will try to keep this short because as I type my wrist/arm muscles feel so weak and fraile that I just wan't to stop typing. Each keystroke feels so heavy.

This is my history, I have been through opiate withdrawals many times. The first times it was from Oxycontin, and then it was Heroin... and then after my whole time doing heroin I decided to go on suboxone. I was on suboxone every day for a year about, this was... I don't know, a year ago? Then I was only taking 2mg or less each day as opposed to 8mg when I started. I decided I wanted to get off my medications to feel mentally better. I ordered Kratom and ended up taking that instead of suboxone for almost a year now.

So I then was on Kratom to help the suboxone withdrawal, and it did.. but I didn't want to stop and be depressed and anxious and withdrawal so the past year I have had a few stints using heroin, or pills and finally fentanyl.

I have always struggled to stay off of opaites because ... I have realized that I think TOO much and I just want to not think so much, be at peace and I've realized that opiates cause me to not thinking of really anything but what's infront of me.

My friend was able to get 75 and 50 Mylan fentanyl patches the past month or so. I would get them from him and then stop for days and then get more. The last week I had 3 75s and a 50. I would pretty much just chew them and I believe the 3 75s and 50 lasted me a week or a little more.

I have had a surplus of suboxone as well and wanted to just have SOMETHING to keep me sort've happy throughout the day, I tried big doses of that.. didn't do much at all. That was before these last fentanyl patches.

The last time I did any, I believe was over 36 hours ago, I had pieces in my mouth still but I fell asleep with them or they were out , as I couldn't sleep or do anything in the beginning of yesterday, sleep or anything. I tried to sleep ALL DAY and couldn't. My dad comes home from a buisness trip and knows something is wrong and asks me what it is. I just wanted to cry and cry, I felt so depressed and have felt that way since I stopped fentanyl.

I don't know if I am clincally depressed or if it is all of my own doing. Thinking I am a waste, I am in the same spot I was 3 years ago, I don't have a job, I fucked up college again, I don't do anything, I have little friends, I just... feel like I am sometimes not meant for this world, but then I can't let myself give up. So many times I have fallen like this and gotten up, but THIS TIME feels different. It feels like I don't want to try again and fight it again.. just because I've failed so many times before. I want to give up, but I just can't.

I just have felt really depressed, anxious ( that is random without withdrawal).. but with the withdrawals it is so hard to get out of bed, to do anything, I have absolutely NO energy, no WANT to do anything, as I walk I feel like I can just collapse.

I have Kratom and I've taken it and it hasn't done too much like it has in the past with other opiates.. why? What should I do? How long will this last? I never had to deal with legit withdrawals and terrible feelings like this for so long due to Kratom.. but even that won't help. Is fentanyl a hard withdrawal? I have looked up some about the w/ds and it said its intense but short. Its just so intense for me and I just feel hopeless and don't want to get up again . But i can't do that, I can't just let my dad down and myself down. I am capable of incredible things.. yet I do nothing and ...I don't know.

What I am asking is... what am I to expect from a month-2 month of on again, off again Fentanyl withdrawal? I haven't had to deal with fent withdrawals this whole time until now and its just soooo much harder, it seems, that other times . That is probably because I have dealt with it so many times that I feel like whats the point? Im here AGAIN.

Ugh.. I can't think clearly to really type out what I want to ask or anything. I hope people understand my entire message, I'm doing my best but it's just hard.

Thank you

How long will this last for?

It is just so hard to walk , I feel like I am carrying 5x my weight and I can just collapse any minute. My legs and arms.. every muscle feels just weak and have no energy. I take adderall, but that hasn't helped my muscle fatigue and cramping type feeling

From what I understand Fent is one of the hardest opiates to come off of, I myself have only had it a few times(the patches without the gel). I always wanted to try shooting it(the ones with the gel) but it honestly really scared me because you don't know how much your getting,so I never did. Anyway, have you looked into large doses of Loperamide to help you? The Kratom might not help you that much because fent is so strong so that might not be enough for your receptors. And I wanna say that Lope is actually more chemically related to Fent, it just doesnt bring on euphoria really, but always helped me when I had nothing else(like 100-150mg)even though I probly didn't need that much, but I found that it would help me more than Kratom with the deppression,anxiety etc more so than Kratom when my tolerance got so high. It does have withdrawls of it's on but there mostly seem to be physical more so than the mental part(mental part it always what so hard for me).

I don't know if I just got a real push to get through this and gained hope and strength.. or if it is the Kratom.. or it has been a certain amount of time and I got over the hump of the withdrawal.. or what.

But I am feeling much better. I took my adder all, I was in the shower and just laying there in the tub .. with hot water and I was cold and uncomfortable and had no energy or strength in my muscles.. but I watched this podcast type thing with Joe Rogan, Adam Corrola and some other people. It was them talking about depressing and getting through it and tons of good stuff. It made me feel like I need to just fucking deal with this and do what I need to do.

So I got out of the shower, did stuff I wouldn't wanted to have done, but did it to just do it now instead of later. Then I went and did 20 push ups, and sat around a bit.. trying to feel better with my fatigue and what not. So I went and made coffee, fed my dog, made something to eat (soup), and got my guitar and just played and did stuff and did some more working out and .. I don't know if it is a combination of the kratom, my mental state being changed, metroporol, or just the mentality... But i feel much better.

I texted my friend to go hang out and do something with him, I am doing some small workouts and playing guitar ( i haven't for a few days and I feel like thats not acceptable since it is what I wanna do. I'm going to go out and get cigarettes and go to my friends and just hang out.. something I NEVER would do during withdrawals until after the 3rd or 4th day.

I don't know if it is the SHORT but INTENSE duration of Fentayl withdrawals, but I am feeling much better than I ever have on the 2nd day of opiate withdrawals.

But to be curious, how long are fentanyl withdrawals suppose to last anyways?

fentanyl withdrawal for me was terrible but short compared to oxy or heroin. I think because fentanyl is so short acting you go into withdrawal faster after your last dose but the withdrawal doesn't last as long. For me fent withdrawal lasted 5 days tops and that was after heavy everyday use for a long time.. Those feelings of depression you have might be because you are taking DEPRESSANTS ie opiates, then when you go into withdrawal you obviously will feel more depressed. Try staying drug free for awhile, like several weeks, and see if the depression goes away

fentanyl withdrawal for me was terrible but short compared to oxy or heroin. I think because fentanyl is so short acting you go into withdrawal faster after your last dose but the withdrawal doesn't last as long.

That was my understanding as well. From what I have read the duration of withdrawals are proprtional to the duration of effects of the drug... so short acting opioids like hydromorphone and fentanyl have brief, intense withdrawals, and stuff like methadone and morphine have much longer ones.

You probably don't have to go on methadone.. just keep busy and try to do things that take your mind off feeling shitty. You'll get better in no time.

You need to get to a rehab center. Out patient thing and get some help. I know you don't want to hear that , but it's the ticket out of where you are.

Last friday I was going to stop qt with just a few sub strips. I did it wrong and ended up in predicated WD's and told my wife to drive me to the Rehab center.

The put me back together and I'm well underway an outpatient tapered sub program. 3 week thing, feeling pretty good and doing normal things.

You will also find meetings there that you should attend. Find some friends there and get into a program.

Boredom, is a big problem for you. You have to become active to get away from this.

You might have to level with your father, but come with a plan. I'm sure he will understand.

Opiate WD's are hell and make you miserable. The nurses told me you will feel like dying but it won't kill you. So I guess Opiate WD's are not dangerous, just very very shitty!!!

To avoid all the shit, get to a rehab for help. Go to the local hospital ER if you have to.

You need to get to a rehab center. Out patient thing and get some help. I know you don't want to hear that , but it's the ticket out of where you are.

Last friday I was going to stop qt with just a few sub strips. I did it wrong and ended up in predicated WD's and told my wife to drive me to the Rehab center.

The put me back together and I'm well underway an outpatient tapered sub program. 3 week thing, feeling pretty good and doing normal things.

You will also find meetings there that you should attend. Find some friends there and get into a program.

Boredom, is a big problem for you. You have to become active to get away from this.

You might have to level with your father, but come with a plan. I'm sure he will understand.

Opiate WD's are hell and make you miserable. The nurses told me you will feel like dying but it won't kill you. So I guess Opiate WD's are not dangerous, just very very shitty!!!

To avoid all the shit, get to a rehab for help. Go to the local hospital ER if you have to.

I have thought to going to rehab.. but not for not being able to STOP drugs.. I can stop, I am not a full blown addict. If I need to really really stop, I can. What I would want from rehab is everything is that comes with it, besides being detox/clean. Structure, learning skills to cope, getting my life healthy and back on track.. I don't want rehab for addiction and not being able to stop.. I want it to get my life back to where it should be... but for some reason I really don't want to go to a rehab center. But then at the same time I do, but I just really don't want to do it. I don't know why that is.

Im very glad to hear you are doing well though, congratulations! I am doing better than I was yesterday. Yesterday I was in so bad shape, my dad could see it and I was actually up and doing things today and talking and I went out to a friends.. but couldn't stay too long because my arm and legs got really tense and aching . So I came home.. I've been drinking water, took some kratom, and just been trying to keep busy in some way.

dude i went through a similar thing with fent and the mental part is the worst. I used it this summer for about 3 months 1-2 100mcg mylan patches a week. I usually would cheek parts of the patch but then I started iv'ing it. That lasted about a month until I ran out and decided it was time to quit. The acute w/d was bad, not puking or anything but pretty fucking uncomfortable. Then intense anxiety and depression like I've never felt before hit and lasted for around 2 months. I started to feel suicidal and decided to try an SSRI (citalopram). I've always been against antidepressants but it lifted the anxiety and depression. I also started using kratom which helped me even more but only 1 dose a day (plain powdered bali). I recently took a 3 week tolerance break from the kratom (after using it everyday for 2 months) and aside from a bit of anxiety and boredom, it was practically painless compared to fentanyl.

Hang it there man bc IT WILL GET BETTER! Just don't pick up the fent again because it will only make it worse and make everything you've gone through in vain I know you can do it bro!

I jumped of fentayl after being on it for 5 years and had all my old Durogestic Fentayl patches saved n after my doc would not give me anymore because I list two weeks supply I was shown how to shoot it..and I shot all them old patches in three weeks...I have never been so deprest and sick in my life

I would say do an outpatient program for drug addiction.

Rehab was fine for me until I got out in the real world, with the outpatient you learn to not do drugs in the real world... At least it worked for me. I would go 12 hours a week to the sessions for 2 months.

Personally I've never found kratom to be useful at all to try to get off opiates.

The only thing that works for me is a suboxone taper. I find the sub w/d is far more gradual and less shitty than w/d from full agonists.

So my recommendation would be get back on sub, do an outpatient program while you taper off the sub.

You tried to get high off suboxone? Is it the sub/narc dose? You can't get high off of those. However, there's the answer you seek. Consult a rehab clinic, do research on subox and methadone clinics. Maybe one or the other can help ease your withdrawal symptoms.

I can't really take suboxone much.it causes me mega migraines. However, methadone, at low doses, works great for me to wean down and get clean for short breaks. I actually feel normal, like pre user normal.

BW to you. Don't know much about fent, sorry, other than I am scared of it.

You tried to get high off suboxone? Is it the sub/narc dose? You can't get high off of those. However, there's the answer you seek. Consult a rehab clinic, do research on subox and methadone clinics. Maybe one or the other can help ease your withdrawal symptoms.

I can't really take suboxone much.it causes me mega migraines. However, methadone, at low doses, works great for me to wean down and get clean for short breaks. I actually feel normal, like pre user normal.

BW to you. Don't know much about fent, sorry, other than I am scared of it.

Have you tried spitting the spit as opposed to swallowing it?
I used to get the worst headaches from it, haven't have one since spitting.

Have you tried spitting the spit as opposed to swallowing it?

I used to get the worst headaches from it, haven't have one since spitting.

I have tried spitting out the residue but if I do that, I find I am craving quicker in the day. You are correct, though, less headache if you spit.

Just chill to wish you good luck, w/d's from fent are fuckin strong and shitty thing, i learn it the difficult way...but you WILL feel better eventually, hold on, be strength and not afraid...i'm sure you'll win!!!
With all my heart and love,

MartinFn

Just chill to wish you good luck, w/d's from fent are fuckin strong and shitty thing, i learn it the difficult way...but you WILL feel better eventually, hold on, be strength and not afraid...i'm sure you'll win!!!
With all my heart and love,

MartinFn
Hi buddy, i finally made it back, yes after being so sick i got on methadone, im so sorry i didn't reply as i didn't even no how to use this site not to mention i couldn't even remember posting that post i was in such a state but heir i am n im still alive n yes the fent patches were hell to withdrew of n i was such a fool for letting a guy talk me into shooting them up as my dr found out n he took me straight of them.. anyway iv been doing well on methadone now for nearly a decade again, cheers buddy.

Hi buddy, i finally made it back, yes after being so sick i got on methadone, im so sorry i didn't reply as i didn't even no how to use this site not to mention i couldn't even remember posting that post i was in such a state but heir i am n im still alive n yes the fent patches were hell to withdrew of n i was such a fool for letting a guy talk me into shooting them up as my dr found out n he took me straight of them.. anyway iv been doing well on methadone now for nearly a decade again, cheers buddy.
Glad to see you back posting again after such a long time, and glad to hear you've been doing well on methadone. Keep up the good work 💪

As someone who had to cold turkey fent of my own doing (probably a far lesser amount though lol) the issue with fent withdrawal is mostly the depression. It can really be dangerous if you're naive to that level of mental depression and haven't gone through something like opiate withdrawal prior a few times.

Like all they just fade away and you find peace some way whatever occurs.. that being said.. fent wd is a bitch and a half LOL