• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin -fentanyl- trouble hitting *IV*

lukeskywatcher

Greenlighter
I’ve been having such a pain with hitting lately. It’s been causing me to have to drive over to my friends almost every 4 hours so he can hit me in my neck (I know it’s dangerous yadada) but a girls gotta do what she’s gotta do to get well. And it’s fuckin annoying and sucks ass. I used to have no trouble hitting in my arms/hands. I get lucky some days and am able to but whenever I miss (like just 10 mins ago) it’s a fuckin waste. 4 bag shot wasted. I don’t even feel anything. I’ve looked up videos and picture diagrams I’ve done it all and am not sure what someone online not irl can hel me with but I’ve reaching out cause I’m at my wits end here man. Maybe attachments of photos or videos?? The only videos I can ever find are on those dummies. OR perhaps.. i can just kidnap a phlebotomist 😏 sike but if only how great would that be lmao.

alright tia y’all ✌🏼

Hey there. I am really sorry that you're having trouble. All of us IV users will have issues with hitting eventually. The neck is extremely dangerous, as you know. I'm not here to preach, just be careful.

When my arms needed a break, I started using my legs. It is easier to see the veins if you illuminate your leg with a flashlight pressed against the skin. The small veins will appear very dark and prominent, while the larger, deeper veins won't be as clear. My favorite was on the left leg, left side of the leg, right above the knee. There are two veins that form one large vein and if you take care of that vein, it will be a great hitter for awhile.

Make sure you drink a good amount of water and maybe take a hot shower or do some pushups to get your blood flowing. If possible, please try to use fresh needles and try to avoid jamming your needle down into the cotton, you want it as sharp as possible when it penetrates the skin.

Do not be afraid to reregister halfway through if your hand is steady enough. When I missed a lot in a small span of time, I registered 2 sometimes even 3 times during a 50 unit shot because I was sick to death of losing so much dope and dealing with the swelling and pain after a miss.

Thank you so so SO much for taking the time to reply love! For real. It means a lot to me.
I just tried looking for the ones you’re talking about but couldn’t find them 🥺 then again I did have to use my phone bc I don’t have an actual flash light light at this very second. Is there anyway you can send me a photo of the area you’re talking about???? Sometimes I’ll have friends who have amazing veins and will kinda use them themselves as diagrams for me for hitting lol it’s terrible I know but it helps at times!!
I just cannot wait to get off this stuff and feel human again bc this has stopped becoming fun a longgggff time ago.
Onc again I appreciate you so so much