• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl to Suboxone

mhansen43

Bluelighter
Hi everyone, I've only posted a few times before but I've always gotten great help from you guys so I figured I would let you know what's going on and see if you have any advice. I am a heroin addict for about 20 years, like most people I started with pain pill I got from the doctor for months and months and months (you get the idea) then one day he called me a drug addict and stopped giving me pills. At the time I didn't realize withdraw was coming and hard core and I couldn afford pills on the street and that's how I started using heroin. Back in Oct 2020 I started methadone and it not only did it not help my withdraw symptoms but in order to feel like I wasn't in withdraw o had to keep doing dope. Now granted I went from 70 to 80 bags a day (snorting it) down to barely one a day but I wanted to never ever have to use heroin again! So I decided I wanted off the methadone since I was only on it for about 6 months. I tried to taper down but that would of taken a year maybe longer and as use drug addicts know we want what we want and we want it NOW! LOL So I decided to take someone's advice on here and started using again for about 2 months just to make sure all the methadone was out of my system, see my end game is to get back on suboxone, when I took subs I was clean for almost 3 years and one day I decided I should "reward" myself by just using once and that started another 2 years of using and I couldn't get the time in I needed to get back on subs, all thanks to fentanyl. My question is how long do I wait from my last use of FENTANYL before I can attempt to start my Suboxone. Let me also say I've waited 69 hours and went into precipitated withdraw so what is your experience (only those who have taken fentanyl cause it stays way longer in your system then heroin) please help and anything you can think of to help me get through the amount of time it's going to take to get back on subs. Precipitated withdraw is the absolute worst thing to go through and I would rather use for the rest of my life then go through that again!

Who advised you to use dope again for two months? That doesn't seem like very sound advice. Using one drug won't make another drug get out of your system any faster.

69 (nice) hours should've been more than enough time to avoid precip wds. But if it didn't work for you last time, maybe give it an added 12-24 hours and you should be good.

Detox rehabs what at least 72 hour before inducing buprenorphine. Fentanyl is tricky and COWS scores are useless for a guide to induce.

I already posted about the Bernese Method on your other exact same thread you posted. Again, do not cross-post. It clutters up the forum and you just make more work for the all volunteer staff here to clean up and merge together. It’s pretty rude dude.

🧙‍♂️
I didn't see the other post, but thought I'd just leave my thoughts. You sound a little more familiar with the process. An h + r mod will probably stop by if they decide to clean up the post. Go easy now 😉

@mhansen43 I'm gonna move this thread to the BDD forum in which you posted the other thread, and the mods there will merge the two threads together.

I wish you all the very best with getting clean <3

Detox rehabs what at least 72 hour before inducing buprenorphine. Fentanyl is tricky and COWS scores are useless for a guide to induce.

I already posted about the Bernese Method on your other exact same thread you posted. Again, do not cross-post. It clutters up the forum and you just make more work for the all volunteer staff here to clean up and merge together. It’s pretty rude dude.

🧙‍♂️
You posted the Bernese Method above here it was my first reply and the other post was deleted
I didn't see the other post, but thought I'd just leave my thoughts. You sound a little more familiar with the process. An h + r mod will probably stop by if they decide to clean up the post. Go easy now 😉

@mhansen43 I'm gonna move this thread to the BDD forum in which you posted the other thread, and the mods there will merge the two threads together.

I wish you all the very best with getting clean <3
Thank you for letting me know, I'm sorry I posted it to 2 different forums I didn't know this was a thing. Like I said I don't use this site much but every time I needed solid advice I can find the answers here. Thanks for being kind about it and I'll be sure not to let that happen again! Also thanks for the support rather then bashing me for asking a question!

🧙‍♂️
Dude what is your problem with me? Like I said I don't use this site much so I didn't realize first off I could search for this exact issue and 2nd that it would cause any problems. It's not like I'm sitting here saying "let's see how I can fuck up someone's day". To be rude about something to to actually mean to he rude and I am far from a rude person so don't come at me like you know me man! A simple and NOT RUDE post would of been just fine like I got from the moderator, that person was kind and didn't feel the need to call me names....

I see this question over and over again all over the internet. Fentanyl has really changed the dynamics of addiction and made it difficult for people to get clean. I’ve recently had success transitioning from a heavy fent addiction (10-20 “double 0” gel caps a day) to Suboxone. I’ve been posting my experience in hopes that the information will help someone out there in need. Fentanyl addiction is a terrible thing and trying to get off of it is a daunting task to put it mildly.

I successfully completed the Bernese Method last week. It worked to perfection. I had been using high doses of very strong fent on a daily basis for 3 years. I couldn’t go more than 4 or 5 hours without feeling ill. Within 8 hours of my last dose I would be deep in WD. Even if I was using weaker fent I would be in full WD within 24 hours, so abstaining for the recommended 3 days before taking Sub was just not an option for me.

I had previously read about micro-dosing but it seemed too good to be true so I never actually tried it out. I finally got to the point where I decided I would commit to it because there were no other options that seemed viable.

Here’s the schedule I came up with:
-Day 1(12pm .5mg)
-Day 2(12am .5mg, 12pm .5mg)
-Day 3(12am .5mg, 8am .5mg, 4pm .5mg)
-Day 4(12am .5mg, 4am .5mg, 8am .5mg, 12pm .5mg, 4pm .5mg, 8pm .5mg)
-Day 5(12am 1mg, 4am 1mg, 8am 1mg, 12pm 1mg, 4pm 1mg, 8pm 1mg)
-Day 6(12am 1mg, 4am 2mg, 8am 1mg 12pm 2mg, 4pm 1mg, 8pm 2mg)
-Day 7 & beyond(12am 8mg, 12pm 8mg)(Stopped other opioids)

There are obviously many different ways to do this, but this worked out perfectly for me. Besides some MINOR discomfort on the first two days and the last day of using fent, there were no negative side effects. It is also important that you keep track of your opiate intake during this process. You’ll want to use just enough to keep you comfortable during the first 2-3 days or so. After that you need to slowly taper down, using less and less each day. Once you’re able to take two full Sub strips in a day, the rest is fairly easy. It’s just a matter of abstaining from other opioids. You just have to stay dedicated to the method.

I honestly thought I would never be able to get myself off of fent and on Sub. I’m glad I finally gave myself a chance. This really does work and if you’re committed to regaining your independence from illegal and dangerous street opioids, you can use this method to do just that with little to no discomfort.

Obviously everyone’s body and circumstances are different, so minor adjustments may need to be made. That said, this is definitely a good place to start. I hope this helps someone out there. I’d be happy to answer any questions about my experience. Just do your research and be safe.

Good Luck!
KJ

I see this question over and over again all over the internet. Fentanyl has really changed the dynamics of addiction and made it difficult for people to get clean. I’ve recently had success transitioning from a heavy fent addiction (10-20 “double 0” gel caps a day) to Suboxone. I’ve been posting my experience in hopes that the information will help someone out there in need. Fentanyl addiction is a terrible thing and trying to get off of it is a daunting task to put it mildly.

I successfully completed the Bernese Method last week. It worked to perfection. I had been using high doses of very strong fent on a daily basis for 3 years. I couldn’t go more than 4 or 5 hours without feeling ill. Within 8 hours of my last dose I would be deep in WD. Even if I was using weaker fent I would be in full WD within 24 hours, so abstaining for the recommended 3 days before taking Sub was just not an option for me.

I had previously read about micro-dosing but it seemed too good to be true so I never actually tried it out. I finally got to the point where I decided I would commit to it because there were no other options that seemed viable.

Here’s the schedule I came up with:
-Day 1(12pm .5mg)
-Day 2(12am .5mg, 12pm .5mg)
-Day 3(12am .5mg, 8am .5mg, 4pm .5mg)
-Day 4(12am .5mg, 4am .5mg, 8am .5mg, 12pm .5mg, 4pm .5mg, 8pm .5mg)
-Day 5(12am 1mg, 4am 1mg, 8am 1mg, 12pm 1mg, 4pm 1mg, 8pm 1mg)
-Day 6(12am 1mg, 4am 2mg, 8am 1mg 12pm 2mg, 4pm 1mg, 8pm 2mg)
-Day 7 & beyond(12am 8mg, 12pm 8mg)(Stopped other opioids)

There are obviously many different ways to do this, but this worked out perfectly for me. Besides some MINOR discomfort on the first two days and the last day of using fent, there were no negative side effects. It is also important that you keep track of your opiate intake during this process. You’ll want to use just enough to keep you comfortable during the first 2-3 days or so. After that you need to slowly taper down, using less and less each day. Once you’re able to take two full Sub strips in a day, the rest is fairly easy. It’s just a matter of abstaining from other opioids. You just have to stay dedicated to the method.

I honestly thought I would never be able to get myself off of fent and on Sub. I’m glad I finally gave myself a chance. This really does work and if you’re committed to regaining your independence from illegal and dangerous street opioids, you can use this method to do just that with little to no discomfort.

Obviously everyone’s body and circumstances are different, so minor adjustments may need to be made. That said, this is definitely a good place to start. I hope this helps someone out there. I’d be happy to answer any questions about my experience. Just do your research and be safe.

Good Luck!
KJ
I have read your post before and it gives me real hope that I too can switch back over to subs and finally be rid of fetynal. The part I am confused on is when dkk ok I take the fentanyl? Before/after the sub doses and how long in between? Thank you for your help and sharing your experience.