• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Fentanyl Patches In The Uk

I think maybe the other thing that attracts people to fent patches is the sheer amount of drug in the patch. I mean a 100mcg durogesic dtrand contains 16.8mg of fent. In hospital settings fent comes in 100mcg amps (usually) so thats like 168 of the 100mcg amps in one patch. I get 15 of these a month. (well actually. 30 x 50mcg) that makes 2520 fantanyl amps worth a month. Like I.said earlier on paper getting the equivalent of that much of a drug thats 100 times stronger than morphine sounds like an addicts wet dream but unfortunately the reality is different plus the aforementioned dangers and high risk of fatality. I csnt think of anything more to say about it other than dont bother unless its all you have available and even then be really really careful.

I mean a 100mcg durogesic dtrand contains 16.8mg of fent. In hospital settings fent comes in 100mcg amps (usually) so thats like 168 of the 100mcg amps in one patch. I get 15 of these a month. (well actually. 30 x 50mcg) that makes 2520 fantanyl amps worth a month.

I don't know much about opiates, even less about fentanyl, but something doesn't sound right about your calculations. I don't think a 100ug patch contains 16.8mg of fent.

Please be sure you are posting accurately especially with such a potentially dangerous drug.

(As I said I'm far from knowledgable about these drugs, so forgive me if I'm talking shit.)

I know Sandoz 75mcg contain 17.? mg of fent but d trans 75mcg only contain 10.?mg I noticed a huge difference between the 2 whilst using them transdermally

That is how much fentbit contains............. Try reading the packet

That is the correct amount of fent in a dtrans. All transdermal patches work by passive diffusion and so must have a far higher drug load within them than the akoujt they are requires to deliver. Over their applifation period. Jollypecker is correct the sandoz patch has a higher total fent content even thanbthe dtrans although in theory they shiuld still deliver the same dose per hour as per bioequivalency. Although in practice aome.seem to feel "stronger" than others. I wouldjt post unless I was sure of the numbers. Thats my point the numbers seem astronomically high because they are astronomically high. Probably this is what causes so many fatalities

Last edited:
I'm keeping out od this as you know a lot more than I do englandz, I've realised the mcg thing is the hourly release rate? And not the total amount of fent in the patch.

As I said, i'm not experienced really with opes, let alone fent, let alone smoking the fckin gg stuff...so sorry for pulling you up, I wa sjust beinf a but hasty on the harm reduction, without thinking....

:)

No worries mate. It is supprising when u see an hourly release rate of 100mcg and a total content of 16.8mg. This also means that when the patch is removed there is still alot left in it which is why people ahuse worm patches. Once the drug has built up a depot of fentanyl under the skin it must be removed and a new one placed elsewhere because even tho theres drug left in them they are no longer diffusing as the diffusion gradient is now to small. As I said tho not to worry as it is confusing. Cheers mate :)

Last edited:
Cos people chase a high that just ain't really there. As Englandgz mentions above - is all promise and no pay-off. Well, not the kinda pay-off anybody wants to get anyway :|

And ya, it gives me a beast of a headache.

Ain't that the truth ?

Because it's down as this mega strong opiod folk are misled into thinking that it's going to be a mega strong buzz when in fact it isn't at all .

Like i mentioned i do abuse them patches but it took me ages to get it so that i was doing it safely if one can . I 'm glad i wasted a load of patches finding out rather than my life .

I think that the general consensus everyone who has used it says........ Strong as fuck on paper but not that good in the real world and kills ubif u fuck up...... Stick to other opiates unless you are using it for pain or a in severe wds andvits all you can get. What more can be said? On abdifferent note tagaderm ddressings work great tobhold them in place

Well, it seems the EADD forum has it's fentheads people, nice to see. Englandgz, you're right, fent is good for pain control, but it's not so good for "recreational use".
Of course i don't mean that you can't get high with it, but there's a narrow line among high and death...but WTF i'm saying, you're a fent veteran and you know the stuff..

I'm a chronic pain patient, and i'm on it for about a decade. One 100mcgr/hr every 48hrs, but the most times it doesn't take all the pain off..my tolerance has been fucked up, but it's better this way, cause as you mentioned in a previous post, when you were on OC, you end the 8 week supply in 2 weeks, and then...fuckin fuck, yeah..
Anyway...
To all the EADD people, have a good afternoon..%)

MartinFn

yeah the Sandoz contains 17 compared to 10 from d trans I went into wd after changing from Sandoz to d trans and matrifen well it did nothing I was having to stop car and puke with wd , Sandoz releases lots more than 75mchr in my opinion as going to d trans should have been equal but I had to change back to Sandoz ,ended up going back to oxy instead

Similarb thin happened to me. Took off a dtrans and put on 3 50 mcg matrifen. Woke up in the night in a cold sweat feeling like death. Swopped back. To the dtrans and was ok again. Only tried. A couple of the sandoz butvthey felt good. In. Practice they are definitely not bioequivalent

no for sure not equivalent id never ever use matrishit again, d trans always peeled away at edges with plastic being thick and not moving with skin but Sandoz felt strongest and stayed on better as the patch is very thin allowing movement without edges peeling up

Yeah I got my gp to prescribe me a couple of sandozmatrix andgel and the matrix were. Good. I definitely recommend plastic tagaderm dressings tho they go over the patch and it cant come. Off. They are edpensive to. Buy but. Askyour gp to prescribe you some.. Makes me wonder about. The people who have only ever had matrifen they must think fent is shit but if they just tried sandoz or dtrans they would know how strong it really is. I think adhesions is the main issue as. No matter how high a dose your on if the patch isnt touching your skin it might as well contain fresh air. Since the drug is stored within the adhesive itsself it HAS to be in contact with your skin. If it comes away even partly your not getting the drug.. Thatsbwhy tagaderm works so well cosb it keeps the patch against your skin. How much are u prescribed jollypecker?

im not on fent now went bk to oxycontin and norm at 200mg a day was 75mcg hr and 4x 20mg oxynorm for btp though , least I don't have to worry about wondering why im in wd ,realising patch is gone An having to wait hours for any relief again!

Oh yeah thats right. Actuly I think you mentioned that preciously that u got ur doc to put u back on oxy. I asked my pain doc to do that hutbut he wouldn't. I got so sick of these fucking patches the other day that I took them of just to see how bad theit would be. FUCK ME!!!!! The pain and wds were brutal. Going from150+ mcgs to zero was not my idea of fun . I wanted to die!!! I have decided I would like to get opiate free for the first time in 17 years. Isaw a different gp yesterday and told him. First he suggested methadone which I ruled out. I said id lile to try to taper of the fentanyl using the 12mcg patches . He said he wasn't comfortable titrating/tapering with fent which is understandable. Anyway he persuaded me not to do anything drastic for now until i've seen the pain doc in thee weeks and he has consulted drug and alcohol services. I dont know if im doing the right thing or not or how I'll manage the subsequent pain but after almost half my life being opiated to fuck i've haenough.d

Wow !!!! So its not just me that thinks these matrifen patches are w**k It seems everyone whose been prescribed patches in uk hates them myself included their either not doing what they should do or are falling off. For some reason gp's seem to be writing the scripts out as matrifen only now when they used to say just fentanyl and patch size :( either they are being bribed by teva to issue that brand or they are prescribing matrifen because there cheaper. I was on durogesic d trans brand before i changed to a different painkiller about 2010 and now ive asked for patches again ive been given these poxy matrifen ones Also there smaller patches but contain less fentanyl too no wonder there pathetic. Also im sure there used to be generic patches that was made by teva that contained a whopping 5.25mg per 25mcg patch but these matrifen are made my teva and are half that content at a pathetic 11mg. That seems way to low for a 100mcg an hour patch. The 75 mcg durogesic dtrans patches that contain 12.6mg are far superior to the 100mcg matrifen ones. I used to be able to choose what brand i wanted with the exception of the non d trans durogesic patches that was gel based and tilofyl which was also gel patches. These matrifen patches almost seem like dodgy fakes youd buy of the internet or something. Are matrifen designed to be abuse proof or something? Im not having those again Teva can suck my penis. Does anyone know of any other brands used in uk that have not been mentioned here ? thanks peace out

Last edited:
I'd forgotten all about this thread!!...
I started it about 18 months ago when I first joined BL... If you do a bit of research on the matrifen patches it appears that they use a slightly different delivery matrix which SUPPOSEDLY allows a lower total fentanyl load to deliver the same hourly rate. This was apparently done in order to get the matrifen patches licenced in Germany as the Germans weren't happy about the total fent load in dtrans patches being so high.... As anyone who's used the matrifen can attest though this "novel delivery matrix" fails abysmally. I came off the patches in the end and switched to methadone tablets for my pain instead.

The only other brand in the UK that I would recommend other than the duragesic dtrans is sandoz....they make both a matrix style patch and a gel reservoir type....I've tried both and the sandoz matrix ones are really good...they adhere even better than the dtrans and have a higher fentanyl load as well....I believe they are a lot cheaper than durogesic also....if your doctor won't prescribe the durogesic ask for Sandoz matrix patches instead.

Watson brand is the way to go as its got the gel. Par also makes gel but is inferior to Watson the one time they gave me the plastic matrix I put on about 15 and was still in w/d but the Watson I took 1hit and got loaded (smoking the gel) I had a monster tolerance the plastic would get you feeling good if your tolerance is lower than mine but more than the overage user

AS YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN TOLD BE CAREFUL WHEN MESSING WITG FENT