• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl patches, how many ugs?

t6apb

Bluelighter
i have half given to me by a friend to try out but i dont know how many ugs it is.

all i know is it says on my half is 100ug per hour, im guessing release to by sticking it to yourself?

anyone know?

also what would be the right dosage for sublingual use, i have some tolerance to opiates, i take codeine regualy and morphine occasionly

Last edited:
i have half given to me by a friend to try out but i dont know how many ugs it is.

all i know is it says on my half is 100ug per hour, im guessing release to by sticking it to yourself?

anyone know?

also what would be the right dosage for sublingual use, i have some tolerance to opiates, i take codeine regualy and morphine occasionly

First line of advice, don't fuck with fent dude, given your lack of experience/knowledge on the subject, I'd just toss the thing.
Second line, DO NOT use it sublingually, put it on your skin, however, 100ug is a huge dose for someone with no tolerance, so you'd have to only put a small amount on at a time (on second thought, i really don't know how you could pull that off since the fent isn't distributed equally around the patch, so scratch that).

uhhhh ya just stick with that first line then.

you do know you can cut it up equally into smaller doses right?

like im going to just eat the full thing or some mad shit.

and no im not just gonna chuck it, i like opiates and want to try this, you answered nothing, you wasted mine and your own time with your god awful response

^No need to be hostile. He just tried to give you some reasonable advice. If you don't know the strength of the patch it would be reckless to just cut it up and use it sublingually because you still don't know how much Fentanyl will be in the pieces.

So either do some research on which exact brand and strength you got there or play the Fentanyl Roulette 8)
Since this is a HR board, throwing it away or just using it as prescribed is the best thing you can do.

Ok if your patch says 100 mcg/hr it can have a total of anywhere from 10-16 mgs depending on brand. That is total fentanyl. You said you have half a patch. Wearing it would give you about 50 mcg per hour.

The above poster assumed you had a gel patch when he stated it can't be divided evenly. Matrix patches can be cut and the fent is pretty evenly divided. Just from the fact you had a half a patch I'd have guessed it was a matrix

Wearing it takes several hours to kick in. Once you out it on you can't remove and reuse so if you are not sure about dosing it's better to cut a smaller piece to wear first

As far as buccal use, some patches work great when you take about a sixteenth of total patch and place between cheek and gum. Some patches however have an extra layer that makes buccal use barely work. It's a brand thing. Best I ever saw was sandoz. Worst was apotec. Others fell in the middle.

Fentanyl can be dangerous with no tolerance because when you wear it it sorts of makes a reservoir of the drug in your skin. So even after you realize you feel too high and remove patch you are still getting more fent into your system. It's also not very responsive to naloxone so ODs are dangerous. Thus people will always recommend against fent as a drug to play around with. Be safe.

trade the thing to someone for some opiates you're more familiar with and enjoy. Fent will skyrocket your tolerance.

You do realize that most people and their "god awful responses" are the ones who've either OD from fent, or lost friends/family to fent OD?

Most people who post here have had years of experience with addiction and drug use. It's not like we post just to read our responses, ya know? And nobody wants the guilt of knowing someone made a stupid mistake that cost them their life.

Fent isn't evenly distributed in the patch, which is why people die/OD easily. Just like ER opana, you can't be sure how much you're getting in a small cut, gel, etc. , which is why fent is so dangerous.

There's a fent megathread somewhere...find it, educate yourself before using this drug. It's not a drug to be fucked with lightly...especially by hard headed, hell bent and determined opiate naive users.

N

Fent isn't evenly distributed in the patch, which is why people die/OD easily. Just like ER opana, you can't be sure how much you're getting in a small cut, gel, etc. , which is why fent is so dangerous..

This is only true for gel patches. OP has a matrix patch. The matrix don't have gel they just look like a big sticker and the fent is evenly divided in matrix/nongel patches.

yeah it looks like a big sticker, i only have a quarter of it now i gave some to my friend, so im guessing its roughlly 4mg in this quarter patch, i have opitate tolerance, just went through a strip of morphine 20mg IR 14 tablets in 2 days.

so what dosage should i do buccaly?

OP, start very small, you can always add but never subtract.

So, say you have 25mcg, I'd cut it into 8ths to begin with. Sublingually it takes around half an hour to kick in, so be patient.

Codiene & 20mg IR are VERY different from Fent. If you're gonna try it regardless of the advice in the above posts, have your mate sit with you.

Also the "high" is nothing great. I'm Highly opiate tolerant & just chewed a 25mcg patch, to take away oxy wds. Left me with a kinda body exhaustion, a dead arm feeling.

Rtp

I second high not being that great. Fent is sort of like the last resort for the hardcore to catch a nod and the naive to catch respiratory failure. It's taken out many with massive tolerances too, the line between recreational and funeral is just too thin.

Personally, I always got an oxy-like high from them. I would cut a strip and put against my gums, and within 5 min could feel it starting to work. Again this was only with the sandoz brand. Other brands took longer or did nothing. The sandoz you could taste the yucky chemical taste strongly, and within 15 min feel great. I always got an energetic wanting to do things opiate high from them. Not the heavy nod of morphine. Others who idid them with felt similar.

You have 25 mcg/hr about left. I used to cut a 100 mcg/hr into about 10 strips. So try maybe cutting what you have into 3 pieces and trying one. Is your patch clear? Those seem to work better than the tan ones.

yeah my patch is clear, say i do cut it up into 3 or 8 pieces, if i dont feel anything after say an hour is re dosing ok? wont i have built some tolerance from that first dose, i know opiates are weird when it comes redosing

so i cut the quarter of a 100ug ph patch into 3 strips, took 1 then another 10mins later nd kept it between my cheek and gums for about an hour and im feeling pretty good and itching like crazy, lovely stuff

Oh bless the opiate naive.. In no way to be patronising, but to just feel what he felt.

It's like when Harry met Sally!!

Rtp

so i cut the quarter of a 100ug ph patch into 3 strips, took 1 then another 10mins later nd kept it between my cheek and gums for about an hour and im feeling pretty good and itching like crazy, lovely stuff

A report back for assurance to the rest of us that you're okay would be much appreciated.

yeah im fine and had a nice time, took the third strip later on in the night, woke up with a headache like but it was all good

I've been wanting a fent patch, gnna try to find one today/tomorow..i'm on subs though sooo guese that different, Wouldn't reccomend it unless you have a HIGH tolerance.

i really dont see the fuss with this super high tolerance needed malarkey, just cut small strips off and stick one in your gums/cheek see how you feel after a while, add more if needed. my opiate tolerance isnt exactly high, i do codeine regularly and morphine like once a month if that..