• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl patch

crossfire11

Greenlighter
I currently take 100mg methadone per day. I have chronic pain issues. I have been supplementing my methadone with 1/2g fentanyl powder per day. My doctor's want me off of the street fentanyl. So they gave my fentanyl patches, 25/mcg hour, 72 hour patch. I quit street fentanyl to go legit like my doctor's asked. It took two years of pleading to get these patches however on the third day I got hella dope sick and had to use Street fentanyl again just to stay well. So now I'm sitting here dopesick be ause my supplier got pissed because I didn't tell him I was trying to quit. It's 5 am, I'm up for , 3 days puking my guts out dope sick. I have 3 25/ mcg 72 hour patches left. I shouldn't be dope sick. If I put all 3 on and wait, it will barely get me well after I wait 24 hours.
does anyone know what I can do with these 3 patches to get well now?

Your supplier was pissed you didn't tell him you were trying to quit? I hope that means he would have tried to help rather than angry about losing a customer.

Not sure if there's anything you can do besides try and stabilize on the patches, they're usually a bitch to work with unless they're the gel ones

You might try applying a heating pad to speed up the delivery.

Also before you put it on, take a long hot shower and scrub the hell out of the area you're going to apply it (scrub it till it hurts essentially). Then apply the patch.

(Note, to anyone else reading this, do not attempt this unless you have a high tolerance to opioids.)

Though the patch strength might not be strong enough in your situation, it was cool of your doctor to prescribe the fentanyl in your situation (many physicians wouldn't do this in your case).

Yes, yes. He's the first Dr. I've trusted in my 51 years. He also brought to my attention that the COVID 19 vaccine may be what's causing my issues. Which is way out there for a doctor to go anti vaccine. But the evidence is undeniable. March 21st, 2021 I received my 2nd Moderna COVID shot. March23, 2021 I checked into . Y local emergency room hunched over in severe pain. I've never straightened out. I given a secondary diagnosis of kephosis scoliosis, 34% curvature in my spine. No history of scoliosis or back problems. Then my right foot collapsed. The diagnosed with chronic heart failure. Again, no history of any of these things.
Having watched all this happen to an otherwise perfectly healthy 49 yo has shaken him. Because this stuff just doesn't happen out of the clear blue.

You might try applying a heating pad to speed up the delivery.

Also before you put it on, take a long hot shower and scrub the hell out of the area you're going to apply it (scrub it till it hurts essentially). Then apply the patch.

(Note, to anyone else reading this, do not attempt this unless you have a high tolerance to opioids.)

Though the patch strength might not be strong enough in your situation, it was cool of your doctor to prescribe the fentanyl in your situation (many physicians wouldn't do this in your case).
Thank you guys got taking the time to read and respond. He did increase the strength of the patch to to the 50mcg ones. Still feel sick

No, it started two days after my second booster. For the first time being an opiate addict proved beneficial. I was in the same er many times prior to my vaccinations. So there are x-rays, mri's and CT scans before , during and after my vaccinations. Spine was normal. 6 months later, 34% curvature. So ya wise guy, pretty fucking shocking. It's all on film

I'm not some super pro-vaccine dweeb but honestly doesn't it seem unlikely that it caused all that? Has everything else been thoroughly ruled out?

You should sit your old ass back down in your rocking chair and mind your own fucking business, go back to knitting. Unless you have something positive to say.
Fella hasn't even responded since, so maybe think about why you felt like you had to come back over two months later and hurl even more undeserved insults at him. Didn't someone say something about having something positive to say?