• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Fentanyl patch with kratom

RUC4

Bluelighter
I have 25mcg fent patches but it’s not fully taking care of my pain. I have a pretty ok tolerance as I’ve had health problems for 3.5 years and have been taking opiates all this year. I don’t take them daily. They are as needed, etc
I’ve also used kratom on and off etc.
Will the kratom help with additional pain the patch isn’t fully helping. I don’t want to alter the patch or risk overdose or a bad reaction. I generally take 4g of red, 3 times a day. But haven’t since I got the patches. Thanks in advance for any help.

You all always help me 😊

The answer is maybe. Some people report it works fine in tandem with other opioids, and others report that it doesn't. I've had it work synergistically with low doses of opium, but haven't tried other combinations.

Only way to know is to try it out. Definitely no need to worry about an overdose.

The answer is maybe. Some people report it works fine in tandem with other opioids, and others report that it doesn't. I've had it work synergistically with low doses of opium, but haven't tried other combinations.

Only way to know is to try it out. Definitely no need to worry about an overdose.

That was pretty much going to be my answer. If you want me to shoot from the hip, I'm going to say that I doubt the Kratom will help significantly. Fentanyl is in the upper leagues in regard to potency. Even with dosage being a relative thing, it's safe to say that if a Fentanyl patch isn't doing it, it's unlikely that a drug as mild in potency as Kratom isn't going to make the difference you're after. The time, expense and so on would probably be better invested in different options.

Kratom is a plant. Like how Opium is a substance containing several different active substances, mutually influencing each other, Kratom is a collection of Opioid alkaloids based around Mitragynine. We are avidly discussing this in another thread regarding the Morphine Milligram Equivalent of Kratom, but it's a difficult thing to do with accuracy as lay-people, over the medium of the internet.

But, based upon what I've heard and read about Kratom, I think a comparison could be made to Codeine on the low end and Hydrocodone on the High end. Highly potent strains of the plant might reach the potency of Oxycodone. What we mean by this is in the neighborhood of one gram of Kratom being equal to 5mg-10mg Hydrocodone for a decent, average potency specimen. This is all hypothetical, but I think it's close.

So, it could make a difference yes, but ,my most honest advice would be to look for a more potent Opioid than Kratom/Mitragynine. I don't ever advise people directly to increase their dependency on Opioids. I don't believe that would be right. However, if your mission is to start taking more Opioids, your current goals would likely be better fulfilled through stronger Opioids.

However, taking more Opioids rarely leads to a stable, chronic regimen that consistently relieves pain. I wish it did, but that's just not how these things typically go. If you're willing to increase the dose now, who's to say you won't keep increasing it? Only to make the decision here and now that you're not going to increase your Opioid intake is the guarantee that you won't suffer the consequences of a worse dependence. This is just my opinion. I'm not lecturing. I only want you to be at your best.

Yes, a good dose of red vein kratom should help. I was going to the methadone clinic and still having to take kratom 2-3x a day for breakthrough pain.

I think kratom combines well and has an an additive effect with full agonist opioids (like fent and methadone). It's useless to consume kratom if you take buprenorphine though because it will block the effects.

I tried kratom a few times when I was just on oxy and again when I was on methadone and felt nothing. Tolerance is a B
For pain hydromorph works good but I found methadone worked better. I just didn't get high from it.

Kratom works with bupe and poppy pod extract(opium)…I don’t know if it actually gets a chance to work on the opioid receptors tho, but if I remember correctly it does hit other receptors in the brain and that’s why it’s able to have that synergistic effect, like coffee and opium