• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids fentanyl patch- smoke it or eat it?

There's no effective way to smoke the gel out of a patch without wasting a good bit. Smoking will bring the effects on sooner, but it also takes time to prepare. Why not just cut a bite-sized bit and keep it in your mouth like a dip? I say like a dip because you have to let the fent absorb in your spit and let the spit absorb into your membranes to get the most out of it, same as with tobacco.
How long does it last if I'm the dip..I take fentanyl patches,hate wearing them,vaped them but go so quickly, sitting here with a tiny bit in my dip...will it last one hour,I day...I just need help as sick of withdrawing all the time...end of dose failure..my GP gives no breakthrough meds whilst I wait for it to work..I cut in half and put on my arm,nothing..withdrawals..it only last 48 hours normally...sick of suffering this way..

Any advice be great..I know it's an old thread but not sure where else to go...

Fent imo is one opoid i only ever tried abusing a few times such as heating the patch up with a heating pad smoking it eating it and also snorting the frozen gel i had quite the morphine tolerance at the time so i guess thats why i didnt die. it did suck no matter which way i took it though and was only good for pain. I would say just wear it if you have the tolerance for it

Fent imo is one opoid i only ever tried abusing a few times such as heating the patch up with a heating pad smoking it eating it and also snorting the frozen gel i had quite the morphine tolerance at the time so i guess thats why i didnt die. it did suck no matter which way i took it though and was only good for pain. I would say just wear it if you have the tolerance for it
Mine is 100mcg for pain only..lately I have suffered dreadfully as I don't drink alcohol or do any illicit substances..I'm in New Zealand..my GP refuses any breakthrough meds and for about 12 to 14 hours I'm in hell as used to have 75mcg with IR oxys every 48 hours..I also have a high tolerance but I'm so fken sick of been treated like the addict I am not..I was put up from 75mcg to 100mcg a year ago as I'm awaiting surgery on my mouth as have absessess I have a long wait there..I can't get into a detox as have no one to care for my animals...I'm sick to death of this up and down fine for a day with my pain about 40 hours tbh then the dam Dr won't change it back to what it was before every 48 hours with breakthrough meds.,I just get 2 patches I have for 6 days..can't put them on the night before cause the chemist make me pick up 2 only, if I put one on I'm in hell already as waited 4 days by Pick up time as 9am pick up..Im in wd again and have a bit on my arm,my arms are skinny because I have 2 life limiting illnesses,that have caused me to lose weight 20 kilo in a year..no other drs are taking on new patients..my medical records follow me so there's incorrect info that goes to drs, I have been called addict by many so called medical professionals it's discusting..I just want to be free of pain that's all I want..I cry every day from how I have been treated.,the one day after a hell of a wait I get no pain I struggle to catch up on everything but because I'm sick every thing is a struggle.

I tried putting a bit in my mouth..not sure if the best place is my cheek or bottom of mouth..this patch that's left has been on 30 hours so no good...
Sorry to come in like this everyone I'm at my Witt's end and it sends me mentally spirilling down hill. I lost my marriage of a month over this..I'm heartbroken and can't detox as Dr won't give me anything to help..I don't know how to use DW otherwise I would..not in for the joy..in it for no more pain and withdrawals and suffering..thankyou...I'm almost done,not sure how much longer can continue..I have to wait till Wednesday 9am to collect only 2 patches and drive back and forward every 6 days..it's like I'm getting punished for being in pain..so so wrong...

Thanks from shitty fked up New Zealand..used to live in Australia and ended up on life support there a month on life support for a month and never was treated like here in New Zealand.I can't even walk my poor dog it's up and down,which really messes me up...soooo much...

Thanks again