• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids fentanyl patch- smoke it or eat it?

larkyparka

Greenlighter
i recently got my hand on a strip of a fentanyl patch. i'm not sure the exact strength but do know it's about 1/3 of a mylar patch. i used to be addicted to fentanyl powder, but it has been months since any usage so i'm sure my tolerance has lowered significantly.

what is the best way to get a good high? i dont really want to put the patch on and wait hours. should i suck and ingest the patch or smoke it? i know it's possible to freebase, i just dont want to do this wrong and waste it. ...any suggestions?

Harm reduction, guys.. What is your tolerance first off, and what is the strength of the patch?

Fucking with fentanyl is a good way to kill yourself.

Just stick the patch on your skin and get on with it.

Its a poece that reads fentanyl 75 mcg/hr. About a sq inch, maybe a bit bigger. I do realize the danger of it, but am also looking for the fasted most effective high. Thnx.

based off your tollerance, Sub-lingual administration is the best rout i say.

Cut the patch into 3 even strips and place one of the strips under your tounge untill you start to get high.

thats how i did them anyways, and it worked great. you can usually feel when youve taken too much soo you just take the patch out of your mouth for a bit untill you calm down and are ready for more.

good luck on your journey i sure wish i had some right about now :(

I would attempt to smoke it if possible. I say that because ive eaten it before with crap results. I think febtanyl may just suck, but Ive never smoked it before. Ive also read about possibly drying the gel and then snorting it, not sure how possible that is either,

6 months ago I was freebasing 1/2-3/4 grams of concentrated fentanyl powder daily. I haven't used since then so I'm not sure of my tolerance now.

What is the most effective way to smoke the patch? I'm so scared of wasting this beautiful thing!

There's no effective way to smoke the gel out of a patch without wasting a good bit. Smoking will bring the effects on sooner, but it also takes time to prepare. Why not just cut a bite-sized bit and keep it in your mouth like a dip? I say like a dip because you have to let the fent absorb in your spit and let the spit absorb into your membranes to get the most out of it, same as with tobacco.

Ok, so I checked out this piece of patch once more, doesn't seem to have much gel. Options are orally or placing it on skin. I am trying to be safe while doing something stupid, and doing a minimal amount. I'm worried that putting it on my skin will take too long to kick in.

How long does it take? Opposed to orally? I'm completely comfortable w/fent powder, but the patch is brand new to me

I think you will find the heating pad to be the most effective "safe" method... the patch only will release that much drug an hour, wether you suck on it or eat it or stick it on... however the application of a little heat significantly increases that amount... the 75/hr is at normal body temp... attempting to smoke or vaporize a patch seems foolish in regards to both wasting it and your health & safety. :)

the fastest opiate high will be smoking if that is what you are looking for. the safest has already been detailed in this thread. you should smoke a very small dab about the size of the tip of a needle. you can always smoke more but you can never smoke less.

I think you will find the heating pad to be the most effective "safe" method... the patch only will release that much drug an hour, wether you suck on it or eat it or stick it on... however the application of a little heat significantly increases that amount... the 75/hr is at normal body temp... attempting to smoke or vaporize a patch seems foolish in regards to both wasting it and your health & safety. :)

Sucking on the patch will allow alot quicker consumption of the drug than transdermal administration :\

Also, if you were smoking 750mg of fentanyl powder a day, that's crazy man. Are you sure this 'fent powder' wasn't cut? Or heroin? That's just an ungodly high tolerance so I was honestly just curious..

I would smoke it. Transdermal application is intended to take at least 12 hours before absorption with peak absorption at about 24 hours. The prescribing information also says it should be worn for 72 hours.

" Due to the mean half-life of approximately 20-27 hours, patients who are thought to have had a serious adverse event, including overdose, will require monitoring and treatment for at least 24 hours. "

A couple months ago I thought I had built my tolerance up enough to wear a 50 mcg/h patch. At about hour 12 I thought I was gonna die. I took it off. This is coming from an opiate lover. Back when my tolerance was higher, I am sure it would not have had this affect.

"DURAGESIC® should ONLY be used in patients who are already receiving opioid therapy, who have demonstrated opioid tolerance, and who require a total daily dose at least equivalent to DURAGESIC® 25 mcg/h [So multiply the following by 3, than .22. (1 inch is about 22% of total area 75 mcg/h patch, assuming equal and constant distribution between 25mcg/h and 75mch/h patches. 25mcg = 10cm squared, 50mcg = 20 cm 75mcg = 30 cm, 100 mcg = 40)]. Patients who are considered opioid-tolerant are those who have been taking, for a week or longer, at least 60 (39.6) mg of morphine daily, or at least 30 (19.8) mg of oral oxycodone daily, or at least 8 (5.28) mg of oral hydromorphone daily, or an equianalgesic dose of another opioid."

http://www.rxlist.com/duragesic-drug.htm

I know ^this is probably ultra safe, but still.

Overall, I don't like it anyway... It is too sleepy of a buzz for my taste.

Be careful. Smoking is faster and you can titrate the dose easier.

Last edited: