• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Fentanyl patch - Harmful in other ways

freakyparty

Greenlighter
Hello All,

During my quest to extract all the Fentanyl out of a Transdermal Matrix patch, I ended up finding some nasty stuff about the patch itself.

When sucking, or making a liquid out of the patch, the adhesive will make its way into your system. Smoking it, is even a bigger no-go, because the adhesive fumes will stay in your lungs, causing cancer.

This means you'll get polymer (polyethylene), polyisobutene, or worse silicone residue into your system. This harms your nervous system, and bowel or causes cancer. It is highly toxic and when using the most familiar extractions, there will be a residue of the adhesive left in the water. Even when you use cotton to filter it out, it will only filter out the visibly larger particles.

You would need lab equipment to filter out the residue, and when you have a silicone-based patch the chances of safely filtering out the adhesive are slim. When using it on your skin, the adhesive particles are too big to enter your skin, so technically using it on your skin is the safest way, toxicological-wise.

I wanted to share this with you because most of you with high tolerance use the patch otherwise, and I always found warnings about possible fatal overdoses, but never about the toxic adhesives you'll ingest.

Stay safe

Even it’s basic logic you should not smoke plastic is worth pointing out for some of logically impaired junkies who do fent but worry about microplastic in milk.

Adhesives are kinda least worrying for a fent users. As much as pure drug is not exactly physically damaging, tiny bit of plastic won’t change a lot.

It’s kinda like doing harmful drugs and than rambling how damaging is paracetamol or aspirin.

What luck would fent junkies have if they were doing patches and not 10 in 1 benzodope, tranq and all the shit US folk have instead H.

It’s kinda like doing harmful drugs and than rambling how damaging is paracetamol or aspirin.
In the case of mixed products like DXM or codeine is the paracetamol in there definitely harmful but I imagine you didn't mean it that way.

The thought of smoking a fent patch scares me. All the plastic fumes one will inhale. But I know it's being done.