• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl patch cheeking

Throatzilla

Greenlighter
I recently had to switch from Mylan to Mallinckrodt and when im done with the strip of he patch i put it on a plate to make sure theres no medicine left on it later. Well, it tastes like there's more left on many of them, but just cheeking isnt releasing it. Any ideas?
Also the medicine releases slower on Mallinckrodt brand. I doesn't pack much of a pain relieving punch. (I have a serious medical condition that is round the clock painful. Im at the end stages and have done chemo 3x, hoping docs can find something to help soon)
Thanks to anyone who replies. Long time lurker!! 😊🌻

*** not an oral method, end goal is pain management.... or at-least pain distraction*** be safe, careful, Error on caution, Fentanyl is ......fentany; and fentanyl is a quiet creeper!!

Sooo, Just a thought, order some “PDI” adhesive removers, and some Tegaderm off amazon. Use whatever size patch your tolerance and you are comfortable with. Rip the top half off the PDI ( it’s like a iso squar, but different chemicals, very greasy ) so using the dottom half of the wrapper to keep the oil off your hands, you only want to lightly cote the patch on the adhesive side... so( you guessed it) Open patch... use the plastic you remove from adhesive side, and stick a corner of the patch to the plastic. So you have a PDI squad with the top ripped off, ready to go. A patch open with a small part stuck to the plastic provided, majority of adhesive hanging exposed. Now LIGHTLY brush the PDI over the adhesive, don’t over do it, 3 light brushes max... use common sense, don’t drench. The object is to give the patch a lill-push, not destroy the patches contents. This will make the adhesive slick. ***The PDI may irritate your skin*** place patch on clean hair free area. ( it will be slick !!) So take your Tegaderm and lay over the slick patch.
I whole heartily hope this may give you some relief, it will take 4/8 hours for patch to really kick in... but usually get 30 hours of “something Therapeutic”. Also, use your breakthrough meds to try and keep things in a bearable range. I don’t know about using PDI orally, this is just an attempt to help get the best use of your Mallinckrodt. Hope this helps Throatzilla