• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl MEGATHREAD - A Poppy Seed Size Dose Is Too Much, Yet Carfent Is Not Enough? A Serious Harm Reduction Focus, Begun!

Joey

Bluelighter

FENTANYL

THIS DRUG WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DON’T FOLLOW SOME SERIOUS ADVICE.

HARM REDUCTION IS NOT A JOKE. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT HARM REDUCTION ISN’T HARM ELIMINATION. FENTANYL IS RISKY, AND AT BLUELIGHT WE HAVE ALWAYS MAINTAINED A SERIOUS ATTITUDE TOWARD IT.

CURRENTLY, IT CAN BE IN ALMOST ANYTHING. IF YOU’RE IN THE USA ESPECIALLY - UNTOLD FENTANYL CUTS INTO DRUGS LIKE CRYSTAL METH, AND ESPECIALLY COCAINE OR FAKE OXYCONTIN PILLS IS ON THE RISE.

THERE ARE WAYS TO MEDIATE THIS.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Fentantyl is a synthetic opioid which was ‘first prepared and developed by Dr. Paul Janssen in 1959 under a patent held by his company Janssen Pharmaceutica.’ [1]

It is currently the most prevalent opioid painkiller in what has been coined by harm reduction activists as a ‘toxic street supply’, since 2016 replacing heroin, and has sparked an increasing endemic of overdose mortality in countries across the world. It’s extremely powerful, and it’s threshold dose to overdose varies significantly - depending on whether it’s used with other drugs or not. Meaning a toxicity level to overdose someone can require much less fentanyl if they’re using it in tandem with something like coke, meth, or drinking alcohol.

It’s advisable to avoid mixing substances with fentanyl. If using things like meth, coke, or street supply pressed pills opioid or MDMA, checking your drugs with harm reduction supplies like a fentanyl test strip, or an opioid geared reagent test kit is a measure which can be taken to ensure a fentanyl free dope.

That is, if you are trying to avoid it. Multiple suppliers of fentanyl test strips and reagent test kits can be found online, and they’re relatively cheap. It’s a life saving measure to prevent death.

But for those who are intending to use fentanyl, how is it used?:

The main address here is to people who use drugs who use fentanyl. So how is it normally used? And how can I be safer using it?

Fentanyl from the street supply is mainly sold in brightly coloured, malleable waxy sort of substance and either injected, smoked on tin foil, or crushed into a powder and insuffiated through the nose. Writing from personal experience smoking it, It’s sweetly flavoured and has a hard hit which can create an addiction to the ritual of it as well. Same with IV. The extremely potent hit of opioid painkiller relief is powerful, and the needle itself can become a draw.

Measurement in dosing for this form of the substance is difficult, and testing it through sampling a very small amount of every new bag and batch can prevent overdose. Hotspots, as in portions of your substance with a higher concentration of pure fentanyl can happen.

Always start low before you get mashed, I know that a large portion of users are trying to tip the scales in their high, but consider if that’s worth losing your life over.

How else:

Fentanyl is available in powder form. In pressed pills, often appearing as another painkiller. Like fake Oxy R30s. Cut into other substances of all kinds. It’s available in medical grade patches, sublingual tablets, and lollipops. The patches have been particularly popular in illicit use.

Citations:

[1] Mandal, D. A. (2019, February 26). Fentanyl history. News. Retrieved November 27, 2022, from https://www.news-medical.net/health/Fentanyl-History.aspx

Basic Harm Reduction Tips By Route Of Administration Chart

MethodBioavailability / % Absorbed In BodyHarm Reduction Tips
Smoking
IV
IM
Intranasal
Oral
Sublingual
Transdermal

Last edited:

A Further Overview Of Fentanyl + Misc Information

Last edited:
This is a work in progress. I’m next going to be going over the methods of use and some harm reduction tips for each of them. I got to stick to what I know the most which is the brightly coloured street fentanyl so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

If you have any suggestions or contributions to make, shoot. This is a serious thread and not one where I’m going to be discouraging of peoples decisions to use.

Well this is not discouraging the use but question how in fact it can be used safely (especially while illegal). If it would come in consistently dosed vials of pure fent (and not mix of who knows how many different chemicals) than I would be ready to consider possibility of using expression - somewhat safe fent use.
Here's my two brushes with fent. One was not really fent but less potent fent analogue while I had quite a bit of morphine tolerance and it was nice, but duration and effects did somewhat made it look like a description I saw used by someone - a crack of opiates. If I had a lot of it I could see dosing it compulsively and because of cumulative effects on body while subjective high fades way before that it's a recipe for disaster.

Now let me tell you about experience with real fent, in patches. When I tried it my tolerance was almost nonexistent compared to when I tried analogue. I could not get to smoke it, it was either nothing or I start throwing up. While bucal use produced a nice high, somewhat uplifting on the other hand I find it very alarming that with minuscule doses, administered via safe roa I have found myself more than once to nod out so hard I can imagine how using fent via some fast action roa kills so easily.

So imho harm reduction as in remotely safe and sane use of fent is possible only with precisely dosed remedies with exactly known composition while trying to accomplish that with street fent seems like a mission impossible and realistic way out of fent problem is safer substitution for fent as sole nature of fent, even if it would be pure and cut only with intert stuff at constant ratio would still result in a lot more problems than heroin could have ever caused.

Can't believe this thread doesn't have more replies, I hope everyone is safe and alive. Since Joey was only talking about the multi colored "street level" fetty, let me talk about what I call "cartel level" fetty/what the media has been calling "grey death." I get my stuff from the boys over the border and it comes in bricks (and no im not the one moving stuff, I've fallen too far because of this cartel dope, it has had me by the balls for over a year now.) I get the same exact stuff, I watch it get broken sometimes off the brick. I smoke it so always same taste. And lately since ive been trying to get clean for 3 months now (which has been hell, you can check my posts, detoxing off this stuff is giving me seizures/such bad gastritis that I cough up blood)
I'm here in Southern California. Most of the Fetty on the street here is either dirty 30s as we call them, the multi colored street dope, the xylazyne dope (which when I left TCC I had the pleasure of grabbing some off the street before I rode 3 hours home to get my usual stuff, and let me tell you it ate my mouth up BAD and the high was horrible compared to my usual stuff) or some garbage stuff. What i get I rarely see make it to the streets, it usually gets cut down by dealers or used up by people like me that have a gram+ a day habit.
This "grey death"/cartel dope has me popping positive for MDMA, and I use no other drugs other than weed so it's definitely in my supply, among who knows what else. I wish I had a proper testing kit to see, although my outpatient rehab and TCC both tested me and i came up positive for Fetty and MDMA. It's been a nightmare, I have to dose every few hours or I get uncomfortable FAST. The few times I've "shared" the product i get with others, people who are street level fetty addicts, they usually are out with a hit. So I don't share anymore. Every one of my friends is dead anyways. They either are dead or got out before fetty took over (i originally dealt with high grade brown powder heroin back when the streets here were flooded with tar.)
I'm 28. Just lost another friend, someone I went to school with since kindergarten, to Fetty. It's a pretty grim outlook here in the greater LA area. You should see the streets of LA, the addicts are like zombies, all over the streets using Fetty/smoking meth/shooting up in broad daylight. EMTs are so swamped.
They say zombies are not real, they must have not seen the fentanyl epidemic.
God Bless anyone addicted to this stuff, I pray we make it out alive.
This is a work in progress. I’m next going to be going over the methods of use and some harm reduction tips for each of them. I got to stick to what I know the most which is the brightly coloured street fentanyl so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

If you have any suggestions or contributions to make, shoot. This is a serious thread and not one where I’m going to be discouraging of peoples decisions to use.

I think most of folks on bl is smart enough to steer away from stuff that they have no idea what’s in it and those who aren’t died or worse. And zombies usually don’t use forums like this or care about HR.

I think most of folks on bl is smart enough to steer away from stuff that they have no idea what’s in it and those who aren’t died or worse. And zombies usually don’t use forums like this or care about HR.
yea its funny cause I hear some of the war stories on here but they dint compare to when your walking around Venice beach or Santa Monica and see the roads packed with homeless people and the roads loaded with "zombies" looking for the fent or whatever they are hooked up to.
The local ER's make you feel like your gonna get robbed inside of them and that they are gonna treat you like a drug addict and nothing more. It's fucked up cause its worth it to drive an extra 10 minutes to the next ER just to avoid all the homeless and other druggie. drug dealers. It's like walking into completely different hospital.

It sounds harsh but when you consider that it’s far from impossible to OD from bucal use of patches, that fent is hardly enjoyable, that stuff regularly tests as mix of 5 – 10 chems that are all dangerous even if they weren’t in random mixes and than someone uses more than 1 gram of something called “grey death”, thinking and talking about HR in case of such poisons is pretty useless. Supposedly that it’s really some stuff with high percentage of fent that means it’s probably enough to kill hundred, potentially hundreds of people without tolerance, that simply can’t be considered trough HR lenses in any other way but stopping use of that. Something analogues to that can be only seen in isolated cases and parts of third world countries, like for example in documentary “Glue kids of Kenya” and for fuck sake even that hardly trumps people on street walking with wounds showing bones cuz xylazine or whatever eat their flesh.

My country had sort of epidemic of heroin users after war and when things really started getting out of control, in a city with most heroin users most of fucking dealers decided to stop working with heroin cuz of degradation it brought to community and fucked up individuals that some became after years of abuse. And most people, even big majority of drug users took that (ODs, crime, deadly STDs, lost limbs etc) as a big warning to not use heroin, sure some still do but it’s not nearly as problematic now. How’s it possible that 100 000 people die from poisoning in a year and that poison is not eradicated in a country that started drug war seems like example of how drug use would look in Idiocracy. My relative who really likes it in USA is convinced that’s simply that kind of culture and those people chose it, while it doesn’t sound right at first when you consider how many kids die because many find it hard to lock up guns and how many dicks and tits are willingly cut off, folks willingly euthanizing themselves in land of free with “grey death” doesn’t sound that strange anymore. How USA folks became leading force in all kinds of far fetched conspiracies is easy to underrated when you are surrounded with things like that.

Can't believe this thread doesn't have more replies, I hope everyone is safe and alive. Since Joey was only talking about the multi colored "street level" fetty, let me talk about what I call "cartel level" fetty/what the media has been calling "grey death." I get my stuff from the boys over the border and it comes in bricks (and no im not the one moving stuff, I've fallen too far because of this cartel dope, it has had me by the balls for over a year now.) I get the same exact stuff, I watch it get broken sometimes off the brick. I smoke it so always same taste. And lately since ive been trying to get clean for 3 months now (which has been hell, you can check my posts, detoxing off this stuff is giving me seizures/such bad gastritis that I cough up blood)
I'm here in Southern California. Most of the Fetty on the street here is either dirty 30s as we call them, the multi colored street dope, the xylazyne dope (which when I left TCC I had the pleasure of grabbing some off the street before I rode 3 hours home to get my usual stuff, and let me tell you it ate my mouth up BAD and the high was horrible compared to my usual stuff) or some garbage stuff. What i get I rarely see make it to the streets, it usually gets cut down by dealers or used up by people like me that have a gram+ a day habit.
This "grey death"/cartel dope has me popping positive for MDMA, and I use no other drugs other than weed so it's definitely in my supply, among who knows what else. I wish I had a proper testing kit to see, although my outpatient rehab and TCC both tested me and i came up positive for Fetty and MDMA. It's been a nightmare, I have to dose every few hours or I get uncomfortable FAST. The few times I've "shared" the product i get with others, people who are street level fetty addicts, they usually are out with a hit. So I don't share anymore. Every one of my friends is dead anyways. They either are dead or got out before fetty took over (i originally dealt with high grade brown powder heroin back when the streets here were flooded with tar.)
I'm 28. Just lost another friend, someone I went to school with since kindergarten, to Fetty. It's a pretty grim outlook here in the greater LA area. You should see the streets of LA, the addicts are like zombies, all over the streets using Fetty/smoking meth/shooting up in broad daylight. EMTs are so swamped.
They say zombies are not real, they must have not seen the fentanyl epidemic.
God Bless anyone addicted to this stuff, I pray we make it out alive.
I have never seen the Grey death, but plenty of dirty 30s and I got vicodins that were straight xylazine and I was FUCKED. You are only 28, do you have a doctor you trust? These people don't care who they kill and it could be you next. You NEED to find a new connect. God bless and I hope you're ok.

I have never seen the Grey death, but plenty of dirty 30s and I got vicodins that were straight xylazine and I was FUCKED. You are only 28, do you have a doctor you trust? These people don't care who they kill and it could be you next. You NEED to find a new connect. God bless and I hope you're ok.
Yeah I'm still here, 3 days clean using gabapentin, clonidine, and some of the best weed around (my dad is a connect for famous people)
Can't say I don't have cravings though.
And as far as doctors go, I'm seeing a great one for outpatient. But I'm only on medicare so a good rehab is out the window.
And yeah I had some xylazine dope when I was discharged from Tarzana hospital a few weeks ago, it was horrible. Barely got me well and ate my mouth up.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to push through this. I'm over the Fetty high. The stuff I get is too strong and now anything else is like throwing rocks at a wall. If I was on heroin still maybe it'd be a different story.

Fentanyl is crap compared to genuine diacetylmorphine in every way.
I feel sorry for today's generation that they're idea of "heroin" will forever be tarnished by this garbage we call fentanyl.
Actual heroin is a thousand times more enjoyable & much safer.

The more potent an opioid is, the less it seems to actually be enjoyable, while becoming more dangerous.
Both buprenorphine & fentanyl are 40-50x more potent than morphine, but neither one binds to m2 (the subtype receptor responsible for most of the good effects).
So in the case of opioids, stronger doesn't always equal "better".

Just about any opiod is better than fent. Seems that those who serve it to junkies figured out those folks will ingest anything, doesn’t matter if it kills all their friends or causes limbs to fall off. Crowd control and revenge for opium wars all in one?

Came across this thread while searching for info on iv use with street/powder fent. I’ve found very little info out there. I haven’t slowly gone over the info in this thread so i will edit this reply accordingly.

But i know how many dangerous variables need to be taken into account when going down this road. With very few tools to help identify the analogue, and it’s strength i assume any uhh ‘normal’ 😶 person would steer clear. But i’ve been doing this for close to 1.5 years and have yet *knocks on wood* to o/d. Before that insufflation for a decade.

The information i’m looking for is at what temperature am i cooking off the opiate? I’ve experimented with cold water/no heat, room temp water/heat. And haven’t really felt much of a difference. Maybe there’s my answer?

Also does the amount of water used dilute the affect? From what I’ve come to understand is we apply heat to burn off the cut & crap used to make it heavier.

Came across this thread while searching for info on iv use with street/powder fent. I’ve found very little info out there. I haven’t slowly gone over the info in this thread so i will edit this reply accordingly.

But i know how many dangerous variables need to be taken into account when going down this road. With very few tools to help identify the analogue, and it’s strength i assume any uhh ‘normal’ 😶 person would steer clear. But i’ve been doing this for close to 1.5 years and have yet *knocks on wood* to o/d. Before that insufflation for a decade.

The information i’m looking for is at what temperature am i cooking off the opiate? I’ve experimented with cold water/no heat, room temp water/heat. And haven’t really felt much of a difference. Maybe there’s my answer?

Also does the amount of water used dilute the affect? From what I’ve come to understand is we apply heat to burn off the cut & crap used to make it heavier.

Welcome :)

To answer your questions.. You don’t really “cook off” anything when heating your fentanyl and water. Even dry you wouldn’t cook any off and can actually create toxic impurities if charred. So use the least amount of heat necessary to create the solution.

Diluting your shot should also have no effect on potency of the experience.

-GC