• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fentanyl Laced Fake Oxy Pills: Question about Fentanyl Doses

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomurgle

Greenlighter
hello all long time lurker here. I have gained valuable information over the years from reading these forums so i thank you all for that.
So, I believe i am safe to assume that everyone is aware of the huge recent surge in fentanyl laced pills :X Its flooding over from all over the place and has finally reached me.
I have about a 25 to 30 mg oxy habit which is minuscule in comparison to some people here. It works for me and frankly i enjoy saving money.

However i am forced to get my supply from the street and luckily i know some good people but that doesn't mean i am not paranoid of getting a batch of theses fakes. I know of the physical attributes of the pills to know if they are outright fake but some of them are getting to be very authentic looking.

So i am trying to find a good way to test the pills before i take full doses. I know that grains of fentanyl can get you high, so it stands to reason if you were to eat, say a half a fake pill, you'd be in trouble.

Now my question is: How much Fentanyl would take me out of this existence? I am 6 foot 195 pounds with a 25 to 30 mg a day oxy tolerance. Would it be safe to try a shaving of a pill, say 1/16 of a oxy to see if i get way higher than usual which would point to fentanyl being present? Ive searched and searched but no one has asked this question.

Thanks for taking the time to read

It's difficult to say how much fentanyl someone could take orally without risk of death. There's a huge difference between its potencies in oral and intravenous use, which means that if someone tries to inject fentanyl-laced stuff that they prevíously used by swallowing the pills, they might easily get an overdose.

This is more suited to Other Drugs, I will move it there. ----> OD

No its not really safe to try a piece of the pill as the fentanyl won't be distributed homogeneous so one part of the pill could contain a few milligram (this could kill you) or nothing at all.
But imo it's safer than taking the whole pill and if you're lucky and take the part with no active ingredient you know the pill is fake and can throw it away.

A fake pill is almost certainly not an extended release kind of pill, so it could be dissolved in water to get a homogeneous solution (same concentration throughout the whole liquid).

ok well damn. So it sounds like a fake pill would have uneven distribution of fentanyl throughout, that sucks. Kind of rules out the touch and go method of testing it.
What does fentanyl taste like? is there a unique difference in taste between a legitimate oxy and fent?
Any sort of test kits out there?

I am kind of in a jam here, a kid in town just od on some fake pill. he died in his backyard slumped over himself. don't really want that to be my fate. Especially since its a small town it would be easy to run across the same supply.

couple more questions, how much fentanyl can realistically be put into one 30?
Also say i were to overdose, how much time would it take from ingestion to unconsciousness roughly? 5min? 10 min?

Anybody out there have any theories on how to go about this problem?

^ considering that 2-3mgs of fent is all it takes to kill you, you can fit a lot in a 30
and please don't consider trying these pills if you're already basically planning your own OD. it varies from person to person, what might take me 20 mins to die could take you 3 mins.

if you really insist on doing this, and its a bad idea, make sure you have someone who is sober watching you with 911 pre-dialed into their phone and a lot of narcan.

stay safe

The thing with these fentanyl pills is there is absolutely NO quality control nor is there one central manufacturer of them. So a pill could, in theory, contain anywhere from no fentanyl at all, to 100mg of fentanyl (very lethal). I read that, on average, they contain 2-3 mg, but that could well be a made up number. Again, no central authority, no quality control.

You cannot taste, see, or smell fentanyl with the required sensitivity to tell if you have a safe dose or not.

When measured for narcotic potency fentanyl is 80x as strong as IV morphine. That means 1 mg of fentanyl is the same as injecting 80mg of morphine, about 80mg of oxycodone or approximately 40 mg of pure pharma grade heroin. You can do the math on how much a 200mg pill could contain, then.

If you overdose on fentanyl when taken IV, it's instantaneous. Likely you will not even have time to remove your syringe from your arm before you realize something is very, very wrong, and then you are out like a sack of brick lightbulbs after an electrical surge. Even when taken by other routes (nasally, bucally), fentanyl has a very fast onset, and the amount you must absorb to take you from 'nice and high' to 'panic aboutt breathing' to unconsciousness is surprisingly little. Evidence shows that you aren't going to be able to effectively save yourself or get help if you OD.

It does not help that fentanyl has a lower margin of safety than morphine, heroin, or any of the "classical" opioids. All it takes is a single extra grain-of-sand sized particle of fentanyl to end up in a pill for it to be the difference between a good high and the paramedics pumping you full of naloxone as fast as they can find the vials in an effort to save your life. Fentanyl is known to depress breathing reflexes more strongly than other opioids, and at lower relative doses. So you may be able to hit the dose you like to nod on, but you'll find you are gasping for air and hardly breathing, or maybe you just stop breathing entirely. As a result of this, having someone supervising you, preferably with Narcan on hand, is a requirement if you want to live through the experience.

There are test kits out there for fentanyl, but they are simple binary yes/no dip stick tests as far as I know, and given the rate of fentanyl adulteration in opioids these days (in Vancouver something like more than 80% of heroin is contaminated with fentanyl) it may not be helpful for the user who needs a fix to feel healthy - sure, you know your pill has fentanyl, but if it is your only choice and you don't know how much, you really haven't reduced the risk at all. I also don't know how widely available they are or how much they cost.

if you really insist on doing this, and its a bad idea, make sure you have someone who is sober watching you with 911 pre-dialed into their phone and a lot of narcan.

This is really the only safe way to use these pills as an average man. You are going to overdose eventually if you use these pills, even doing things like taking fractions of the pill and waiting. Statistically it's a certainty. The potency of fentanyl is just too high.

If you have the ability and know how, dissolving several pills in water, filtering, and then having someone determine the fentanyl concentration quantitatively (GC, LC, titration) would also help increase the margin of safety. But that is a level of chemical testing you can't do at the kitchen table with things you buy at the corner store unfortunately.

Last edited:
If you overdose on fentanyl when taken IV, it's instantaneous. Likely you will not even have time to remove your syringe from your arm before you realize something is very, very wrong, and then you are out like a sack of brick lightbulbs after an electrical surge.
I od'ed on fentdope back in 2006/2007 countless times. And it is instantaneous. You do a shot, take the syringe out, and about 3-5 seconds later you taste the shot in your mouth and the rush sets in. A second or two into the rush you're thinking "holy shit this is strong" and it's lights out. If you're standing, you'll just collapse. I even od'ed on it through sniffing it, so if you do enough that's possible, although it's certainly not instantaneous. I'm really not sure how I survived all of those.

I wasn't seeking it out, either, since I disliked it's high...

You also have to take into account that what you're getting may not be vanilla fentanyl, it could be an analog and can be stronger.

Illicit fentanyl really isn't worth the risk. (Hell, even licit fentanyl is a rather lame opiate compared to dope, oxycodone, etc.) If you must use it, have a buddy with you and narcan on hand.

The thing with these fentanyl pills is there is absolutely NO quality control nor is there one central manufacturer of them. So a pill could, in theory, contain anywhere from no fentanyl at all, to 100mg of fentanyl (very lethal). I read that, on average, they contain 2-3 mg, but that could well be a made up number. Again, no central authority, no quality control.

You cannot taste, see, or smell fentanyl with the required sensitivity to tell if you have a safe dose or not.

When measured for narcotic potency fentanyl is 80x as strong as IV morphine. That means 1 mg of fentanyl is the same as injecting 80mg of morphine, about 80mg of oxycodone or approximately 40 mg of pure pharma grade heroin. You can do the math on how much a 200mg pill could contain, then.

If you overdose on fentanyl when taken IV, it's instantaneous. Likely you will not even have time to remove your syringe from your arm before you realize something is very, very wrong, and then you are out like a sack of brick lightbulbs after an electrical surge. Even when taken by other routes (nasally, bucally), fentanyl has a very fast onset, and the amount you must absorb to take you from 'nice and high' to 'panic aboutt breathing' to unconsciousness is surprisingly little. Evidence shows that you aren't going to be able to effectively save yourself or get help if you OD.

It does not help that fentanyl has a lower margin of safety than morphine, heroin, or any of the "classical" opioids. All it takes is a single extra grain-of-sand sized particle of fentanyl to end up in a pill for it to be the difference between a good high and the paramedics pumping you full of naloxone as fast as they can find the vials in an effort to save your life. Fentanyl is known to depress breathing reflexes more strongly than other opioids, and at lower relative doses. So you may be able to hit the dose you like to nod on, but you'll find you are gasping for air and hardly breathing, or maybe you just stop breathing entirely. As a result of this, having someone supervising you, preferably with Narcan on hand, is a requirement if you want to live through the experience.

There are test kits out there for fentanyl, but they are simple binary yes/no dip stick tests as far as I know, and given the rate of fentanyl adulteration in opioids these days (in Vancouver something like more than 80% of heroin is contaminated with fentanyl) it may not be helpful for the user who needs a fix to feel healthy - sure, you know your pill has fentanyl, but if it is your only choice and you don't know how much, you really haven't reduced the risk at all. I also don't know how widely available they are or how much they cost.

This is really the only safe way to use these pills as an average man. You are going to overdose eventually if you use these pills, even doing things like taking fractions of the pill and waiting. Statistically it's a certainty. The potency of fentanyl is just too high.

If you have the ability and know how, dissolving several pills in water, filtering, and then having someone determine the fentanyl concentration quantitatively (GC, LC, titration) would also help increase the margin of safety. But that is a level of chemical testing you can't do at the kitchen table with things you buy at the corner store unfortunately.
QTF!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.