• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Fentanyl in Meth

CarryBagMan

Bluelighter
Would there be any tell-tale sign (sans test strips/testing) to eyeball whether meth has any fentanyl in it ?? Would it stick to the shards in some anomalous way or cause the powder to appear a certain way after crushing it ? I know it just takes a few grains to die, so it likely could not be spotted without testing, but I thought there may be a way to tell if there was some sort of chemical reaction that occurs or something that could be obvious visually. Thank you.

No, there is no way to know without test strips. Fent is a white/off white powder and cannot be differentiated from any other off white powder except by chemical means. Unfortunately fent in meth is a real thing, don't know how common it is, but it is something that happens.

Fent test strips are $1.50.

Seems like a good price to not die.

And just becauze you smoke (or test one shard of meth) does not mean the next shard will not have a fent "hot spot."

You have to make a volumetric solution of the whole meth bag and test it to be sure

Damn I’m about to buy some fentanyl test strips if they are only $1.50, because lately I’ve been wondering why in the hell I’ve been falling asleep right after I get done smoking a bowl. Shoot sometimes I will doze off when I’m in the middle of smoking a bowl — the other day I literally woke up with my pipe in my hand still.

It’s strange… I just nod off like I’m super tired.
BUT it’s not the type of tired/exhausted feeling that you get when you’ve not slept for a day or two... and I used to stay up, so I definitely know what that feels like.

Most of the time if you fall asleep because you’ve been up too long you won’t even remember falling asleep. You just crash. Like boom, instantly knocked out and you didn’t even mean to or expect to sleep at all.

And I’ve been using meth for like 6 years now so I don’t really get high anymore. I’ve never used any other ROA other than smoking it. Definitely no needles and I’m too pussy to snort it because it burns. But I’m happy with smoking it — I don’t and never have desired to take it any other way. With that being said I’m sure my tolerance is extremely high, but even with my tolerance being high — I never used to just want to take a nap when I’m rolling the bowl. A year ago, I could smoke two decent sized bowls & I would feel “fine”. Like my body is used to it now, so I don’t get hyper, I don’t talk fast, I don’t tweak whatsoever. BUT I also sure in the fuck never wanted to take a damn nap, and within the last 6 months, I feel like there’s definitely something in my dope that isn’t supposed to be in it.

A couple months ago somebody mentioned the term “sleepy dope” to me but I forgot what exactly they said about it, but I know they said something about fentanyl being in it.

Shit is just weird anymore…

Damn I’m about to buy some fentanyl test strips if they are only $1.50, because lately I’ve been wondering why in the hell I’ve been falling asleep right after I get done smoking a bowl. Shoot sometimes I will doze off when I’m in the middle of smoking a bowl — the other day I literally woke up with my pipe in my hand still.

BUT it’s not the type of tired/exhausted feeling that you get when you’ve not slept for a day or two... and I used to stay up, so I definitely know what that feels like.

Most of the time if you fall asleep because you’ve been up too long you won’t even remember falling asleep. You just crash. Like boom, instantly knocked out and you didn’t even mean to or expect to sleep at all.

And I’ve been using meth for like 6 years now so I don’t really get high anymore. I’ve never used any other ROA other than smoking it. Definitely no needles and I’m too pussy to snort it because it burns. But I’m happy with smoking it — I don’t and never have desired to take it any other way. With that being said I’m sure my tolerance is extremely high, but even with my tolerance being high — I never used to just want to take a nap when I’m rolling the bowl. A year ago, I could smoke two decent sized bowls & I would feel “fine”. Like my body is used to it now, so I don’t get hyper, I don’t talk fast, I don’t tweak whatsoever. BUT I also sure in the fuck never wanted to take a damn nap, and within the last 6 months, I feel like there’s definitely something in my dope that isn’t supposed to be in it.

A couple months ago somebody mentioned the term “sleepy dope” to me but I forgot what exactly they said about it, but I know they said something about fentanyl being in it.

If you don't have any opioid tolerance (you aren't dependent on opiates)...get your meth laced with fent is extremely dangerous. Like you will die eventually its that easy to die off fent for anyone let alone a non opiate user.

I would really get those strips. I've ordered from bunk police

I definitely recommend getting test strips. Unfortunately, anyone using street drugs should be testing their drug, no matter what drug. My doctor has been working on some studies with Fent and works with a lab that tests samples of confiscated drugs. He told me that around 95% of samples that were the cause of a fatal overdose contained Fentanyl. Heroin, Cocaine, Meth, Pressed pills. It's in everything. I think he even said he's tested samples of ecstacy and ketamine that contained Fentanyl.

I used to be a heavy meth user. Sometimes I would hit a point where my body was just physically exhausted and more meth would actually put me to sleep. This was before fentanyl was as big as it is now and it was always after months of daily use. Going months without eating much and definitely not getting enough sleep. I'd feel myself getting tired during the end of a session so I'd do a fat line and almost immediately be put to sleep. It was really strange but the body just hits a point where it physically can't go on anymore, and that last line or bowl just shortens the amount of time to get to that point of total exhaustion

BTW, highly concentrated samples of a stimulant drug — like US/Mexico crystal meth, at least if the DEA's purity %'s are right — can produce a false positive for fentanyl contamination on a strip. test

The oral bioavailability (swallowed rapidly as it can absorb through the mouth) of fentanyl is about 30-35% and oral dosing will lead to less acute levels of the drug. Especially if your drugs aren't tested, it might be best to at least take your first dose with a new drug batch orally.

Sometimes it's a good idea to try and get ahold of a different batch, like a completely different source, change it up a little. Seems like if you get a different flavor the change up might take away the sleepiness..

BTW, highly concentrated samples of a stimulant drug — like US/Mexico crystal meth, at least if the DEA's purity %'s are right — can produce a false positive for fentanyl contamination on a strip. test
In case anyone is interested, I went back and dug up the study that I read this in:

High concentrations of illicit stimulants and cutting agents cause false positives on fentanyl test strips

Background: The opioid epidemic has caused an increase in overdose deaths which can be attributed to fentanyl combined with various illicit substances. Drug checking programs have been started by many harm reduction groups to provide tools for users to determine the composition of their street drugs. Immunoassay fentanyl test strips (FTS) allow users to test drugs for fentanyl by either filling a baggie or cooker with water to dissolve the sample and test. The antibody used in FTS is very selective for fentanyl at high dilutions, a characteristic of the traditional use of urine testing. These street sample preparation methods can lead to mg/mL concentrations of several potential interferents. We tested whether these concentrated samples could cause false positive results on a FTS.

Methods: 20 ng/mL Rapid Response FTS were obtained from BTNX Inc. and tested against 4 different pharmaceuticals (diphenhydramine, alprazolam, gabapentin, and naloxone buprenorphine) and 3 illicit stimulants [cocaine HCl, methamphetamine, and 3,4‑methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA)] in concentrations from 20 to 0.2 mg/mL. The FTS testing pad is divided into 2 sections: the control area and the test area. Control and test area signal intensities were quantified by ImageJ from photographs of the test strips and compared to a threshold set by fentanyl at the FTS limit of detection.

Results: False positive results indicating the presence of fentanyl were obtained from samples of methamphetamine, MDMA, and diphenhydramine at concentrations at or above 1 mg/mL. Diphenhydramine is a common cutting agent in heroin. The street sample preparation protocols for FTS use suggested by many online resources would produce such concentrations of these materials. Street samples need to be diluted more significantly to avoid interference from potential cutting agents and stimulants.

Conclusions: Fentanyl test strips are commercially available, successful at detecting fentanyl to the specified limit of detection and can be a valuable tool for harm reduction efforts. Users should be aware that when drugs and adulterants are in high concentrations, FTS can give a false positive result.
TL;DR: "False positive results indicating the presence of fentanyl were obtained from samples of methamphetamine, MDMA, and diphenhydramine at concentrations at or above 1 mg/mL."

W
Would there be any tell-tale sign (sans test strips/testing) to eyeball whether meth has any fentanyl in it ?? Would it stick to the shards in some anomalous way or cause the powder to appear a certain way after crushing it ? I know it just takes a few grains to die, so it likely could not be spotted without testing, but I thought there may be a way to tell if there was some sort of chemical reaction that occurs or something that could be obvious visually. Thank you.
Extremely blurred vision. This is if there’s a decent amount of fetty and u have no tolerance. Ur gonna feel wired but ur technically nodding off. Meth is hillbilly narcan tho so you’ll be good 👌

that’s just tolerance.

Hey I used to IV MDMA and 4FA alot and they are capable of knocking you out. Something about more serotonergic release than dopamine maybe? Meth is pretty closely related or maybe you are getting some other amphetamine drug.

I swear this has happened to me with many batches of mdma or 4FA....like you shoot it and you just nod out like it's heroin or something.

This was a long time before fentanyl became mainstream too.

It was only with IV......when I would eat the exact same batch I would get normal effects.

It didn't happen everytime either....I think it might depended how much tolerance I had at the time for amphetamines when I wouod shoot

But I wouod definitely test your weird meth for fentanyl

So can you use fentanyl test strips in urine? I smoked most of it and don't have enough to test the normal way...

Putting a test strip in urine will only register metabolites......if that.

Urine doesn't show the actual chemicals in something it only gives the waste and byproducts of that particular chemical. So if there is fentanyl ( or anything else in something) testing the actual product in front of you is the only way you can tell. It seems logical that the urine would show you what's in the sample but it won't.

I'm not a chemist or biologist so I may be wrong but I don't want people to think that they can test their drugs by putting the strips in urine as opposed to actually testing the actual product.

In case anyone is interested, I went back and dug up the study that I read this in:

TL;DR: "False positive results indicating the presence of fentanyl were obtained from samples of methamphetamine, MDMA, and diphenhydramine at concentrations at or above 1 mg/mL."
This is really interesting and something i've never heard anyone bring up before. Thanks for the information!

Putting a test strip in urine will only register metabolites......if that.

Urine doesn't show the actual chemicals in something it only gives the waste and byproducts of that particular chemical. So if there is fentanyl ( or anything else in something) testing the actual product in front of you is the only way you can tell. It seems logical that the urine would show you what's in the sample but it won't.

I'm not a chemist or biologist so I may be wrong but I don't want people to think that they can test their drugs by putting the strips in urine as opposed to actually testing the actual product.
I contacted the manufacturer of the strips and this is their response:

Yes, you can test the urine sample with the fentanyl test strips!

The results will be vali
d!

If your a smoker I met with someone who's pretty tight with a maker. He was showing me when you melt it in a glass pipe and watch it "crack back" the fentanyl will be the last to solidify! Anyways I try not to smoke, guy might be full of it.