• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl in coke

kgeisel98

Bluelighter
I've become concerned about fentanyl laced cocaine. I prefer to smoke and I'm curious to know if cooking with baking soda purifies opiates out of the coke. I have a solid dealer with quality product and I'm confident it does not contain fentanyl. Sometimes I have to go elsewhere and I don't always know where it is coming from though.

Question is does cooking (freebasing) coke with baking soda get rid of Fentanyl?

No, it won't. That is the simple answer. I think you might just be a little paranoid my friend. I'm not saying that this would never happen, but it's one of those farfetch'd, unlikely things.

Here in Ontario there have been lots of deaths due to fentanyl laced cocaine. I wish I was just paranoid! But thank you for your answer.

I dont get why people would use fentanyl as a cut since its expensive too. Especially knowing that people are dying because of it!

Stupid question, but say a somewhat newish user of coke does a bit, how would they know if it had fentanyl in it? Like is the high different?

It happened in my state I think some 18 people ODed in a matter of 2-3 hours, the medical and police community was praised for its ability to handle the cases, release info on the street the drug was purchased and the fact it was cocaine pretty quickly.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ct/pr/...entanyl-laced-cocaine-involved-overdose-death

True.

I have also heard about the presence of Fentanyl- not onlt in heroin, but Coke too. And it all about the increasingly numbers of death and OD's in connection with Fent. even when one is using his or her regular dose.

I would say that; first; to the person above, mr. (miss?)68, no, fent is INSANLY cheap; esp. in the places it is less regulated...one thing, i used to think the same; why? Well 4 one the cocaine has changed exponentially in the past 20 years, the labs are finding levamisole in it all and think its a cut! noooo the chemists have for the producers have found that the l-sole will take the place of another ingredient that is more expensive. but not only in l-sol poisonous to us; but it also creates an inferior product. and at the same time prices went up. cause only a few producers still do it right. so they put a few MILLIGRAMS into a ounce or so(fent is measured in micrograms; so, where a Tylenol extra strength is 1000 milligrams (1 gram). with fent the amount used to get a gram is 1,000,000 milligrams. so not a lot of weight and an incredible habit. and since the cocaine so jacked people don't even know what it is supposed to feel....but i think the reason for it is a little(fent)can b introduced into the coke&people won't notice when they do it&they will become physically addicted to a substance that is not supposed to take them there. but the person who's shop it is...they will be $$ hand over...................

*sorry so long*

I dont get why people would use fentanyl as a cut since its expensive too. Especially knowing that people are dying because of it!

Fentanyl nowadays is dirt cheap, it wouldn't set a dealer behind financially at all

I'm usually not in favor of heavy penalties for drug dealers, but anyone caught putting fentanyl into any drug should be given a mandatory ten years.

I Find it funny this is being brought up because I swear sometimes when I smoke crack after I take my blast a couple minutes later I'm like falling asleep it's weird...this is possible

Opiatekrzy, about 15 years ago my dealer got from some Chinese dealers that he said cut the crack with heroin. I dont know for sure that it was as the only side effect was being less jonesy after a hit. Nothing else. I remember seeing you post about your experience with falling asleep after a hit. It is weird.

I Find it funny this is being brought up because I swear sometimes when I smoke crack after I take my blast a couple minutes later I'm like falling asleep it's weird...this is possible

I had a pretty heavy MDPV habit years ago. After I had been using for awhile sometimes a vaporized dose would make me feel sleepy for awhile. I've heard this from others as well. I believe it's not that uncommon to have paradoxial reactions to stimulants especially while using regularly.

If your concerned though definitely buy a test kit.

Now if your getting other opioid effects like itchiness etc on top of the sleepiness then I'd say it's likely. If your crack does actually contain fent please be careful. The concentration of fent could vary wildly. One rock might have enough fent to just make you feel slight effects while the next could have enough to kill you.

Yes, anybody who cuts any drug (opioid or not) with fent should be punished heavily. It should be charged as attempted murder if they aren't already doing that.