• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl- How do I quit?

cowgirl0510

Bluelighter
Any advice how to get off this shit? I have no idea what’s all in it. I get white rocks about the size of a berry and go through one every few days. So I guess maybe two grams a week. I start withdrawing a few hours after not using. I don’t want to feel dependent on this shit. I used to take Oxys and this blew my tolerance to everything else through the roof.
I know I can’t be the only one to ever get hooked on fent. Please help me get off. I need advice

Are you sure it’s fentanyl? If you’re going through 2 grams a week it’s definitely not straight fent, but if you’re withdrawing within a few hours then it sounds like fent or some other analogue or super short-acting opioid. I guess the question then is if the remainder is just cut or if it’s other active material. Are you shooting it? Snorting it? How long have you been doing it? There’s quite a few different variables that will affect the length/intensity of withdrawal. The good thing about fentanyl WD is that it doesn’t last as long as other opioids, but it is more intense. If you can power through it on your own I’d try that first. You can also look into replacement therapy such as methadone or buprenorphine, however with fent having such potency and a high affinity to receptors some find it difficult to be held at normal maintenance doses.

Unfortunately there is no straight answer to your question. There are many different paths to recovery and they are all very difficult and often painful. You have to find what works for you and that takes time and effort, as does life on its own. It is worth every bit of it though.

I too am trying to leave opioids behind me and it is a very unpleasant and upsetting task, however I know what waits for me if I follow through will be worth all the heartache.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just wanna talk.

Any advice how to get off this shit? I have no idea what’s all in it. I get white rocks about the size of a berry and go through one every few days. So I guess maybe two grams a week. I start withdrawing a few hours after not using. I don’t want to feel dependent on this shit. I used to take Oxys and this blew my tolerance to everything else through the roof.
I know I can’t be the only one to ever get hooked on fent. Please help me get off. I need advice
Yeah fent takes my atleast 24 hours to withdraw. An average range from 24-36 hrs and guaranteed to be in full blown withdraw by 48 hours. Hot & Cold sweats, cold farts, shaking uncontrollably, head out a proportions, runny nose, fevers, vomitus, runs, sore bones and really fuccin shitty! It was easier having covid for 2 weeks than this fuccin shit! So maybe it ain't fentanyl that you taking.

^Yeah I would avoid replacement therapy then. That’s not too terribly long of a run. If you can’t do it cold turkey then I would recommend a taper of some kind. Can you get a hold of buprenorphine or Methadone? Buprenorphine would be better for your situation IMO. You shouldn’t need very much. There’s also a lot of non-opioid medications and supplements that will help get you through a kick like benzodiazepines (use sparingly; also not a fun addiction, but it’s a godsend in the throes of withdrawal, especially for sleep), clonidine (for high blood pressure), loperamide (anti-diarrheal that actually activates the opioid receptors in your gut; just don’t be stupid and try to get high on it), and others. I think you’re in a pretty good spot to get off that shit. Trust me it only gets more difficult.

Yeah fent takes my atleast 24 hours to withdraw. An average range from 24-36 hrs and guaranteed to be in full blown withdraw by 48 hours. Hot & Cold sweats, cold farts, shaking uncontrollably, head out a proportions, runny nose, fevers, vomitus, runs, sore bones and really fuccin shitty! It was easier having covid for 2 weeks than this fuccin shit! So maybe it ain't fentanyl that you taking.
Cold farts? Head out of proportion? They're two withdrawal symptoms I've not heard of before.