• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl - High or Die

SoCalChlln

Greenlighter
I would just like to say to all those out there who are looking to experiment with Fentanyl in any form or Method of Dosing, think carefully before you do…

As someone who has run the gambit of opiates, over a period of 30 years, from both legitimate medical prescriptions and illicit street suppliers, from Hydrocodone to Oxycodone to Heroin to fentanyl and everything in between, Please be careful !

Fentanyl does not produce the same significant euphoria effects of say Heroin or even Demerol (Meperidine Sulfate).
If while experimenting with fentanyl you try to achieve the same euphoric sensations as these other drugs you run a very real chance of overdosing before you feel anything even close.

Don’t get me wrong, fentanyl is 100+ times stronger than morphine, and IS a great drug when it comes to pain control, but as far as getting that ‘High’ it’s not 100 times a better ‘High’…
Your disappointment in the lack of the euphoria you seek may have you trying to consume more and more chasing that high, to the point where the next thing that happens, is the police or hospital contacting your loved ones.

For those of you who choose to let your curiosity take you to that place where you’re considering experimenting with fentanyl, think long and hard about it.
It’s not a great high, and the chances of you dying from your first few attempts is simply not worth it.

If you want to play with opiates, stick to the Oxy, Heroin, or any of the other opiates available out there if you must.
Fentanyl isn’t the wonderful experience you may think it is, it’s also one of the fastest acting and fastest dissipating opiates out there, so if you do allow yourself to become addicted, you have to redose more often than with the others, which becomes even more expensive and destructive to your life.
I am currently prescribed 100ug/hr patches as part of my pain control regiment.
I have used the other opiates I’ve mentioned in the past so I am familiar and able to give you my advice in comparing the effects.
Fentanyl ain’t no joke, don’t make your life a laughing matter…

Last edited:
Thanks for the HR advice OP, and you are absolutely right that it's unwise to fuck with the fent. It has claimed many lives both as a common cut in some countries, or just being abused in itself.
Not sure how long this will remain here though, as it isn't really a question. May be more suited to TDS or H&R??

I would just like to say to all those out there who are looking to experiment with Fentanyl in any form or Method of Dosing, think carefully before you do…

As someone who has run the gambit of opiates, over a period of 30 years, from both legitimate medical prescriptions and illicit street suppliers, from Hydrocodone to Oxycodone to Heroin to fentanyl and everything in between, Please be careful !

Fentanyl does not produce the same significant euphoria effects of say Heroin or even Demerol (Meperidine Sulfate).
If while experimenting with fentanyl you try to achieve the same euphoric sensations as these other drugs you run a very real chance of overdosing before you feel anything even close.

Don’t get me wrong, fentanyl is 100+ times stronger than morphine, and IS a great drug when it comes to pain control, but as far as getting that ‘High’ it’s not 100 times a better ‘High’…
Your disappointment in the lack of the euphoria you seek may have you trying to consume more and more chasing that high, to the point where the next thing that happens, is the police or hospital contacting your loved ones.

For those of you who choose to let your curiosity take you to that place where you’re considering experimenting with fentanyl, think long and hard about it.
It’s not a great high, and the chances of you dying from your first few attempts is simply not worth it.

If you want to play with opiates, stick to the Oxy, Heroin, or any of the other opiates available out there if you must.
Fentanyl isn’t the wonderful experience you may think it is, it’s also one of the fastest acting and fastest dissipating opiates out there, so if you do allow yourself to become addicted, you have to redose more often than with the others, which becomes even more expensive and destructive to your life.
I am currently prescribed 100ug/hr patches as part of my pain control regiment.
I have used the other opiates I’ve mentioned in the past so I am familiar and able to give you my advice in comparing the effects.
Fentanyl ain’t no joke, don’t make your life a laughing matter…
I’m so glad to see someone else post about this. I absolutely feel the same way you do about the whole fentanyl epidemic..I was an IV heroin user and got clean successfully after methadone treatment. Long story short, I broke my back and nearly died in a car crash and was really fucked over by the hospital as far as after care and was in the kind of pain that made me wish I had died in the crash instead. I was denied any kind of pain killers so I went looking for heroin as I was that desperate. Since I was out of the game for a few years all I could find was fent. As a 5 foot girl in my 20’s weighing maybe 120 soaking wet who had a pretty extreme tolerance to slamming heroin, I figured chasing just a couple trails off the foil wouldn’t even be able to do any more than give me some light pain relief. I couldn’t have been more ill-informed. Just two chases off the foil and I went down. That’s all it took. I was extremely lucky that my homie had narcan- both nasal spray and the shot. As I had to be administered 2 doses of nasal spray and one dose of the shot. I know if my homie didn’t have the amount of narcan he did, I would have absolutely died. As someone who was given another chance at life, I feel it’s only my duty to share my story in the hopes of educating those like me who knew so little about fent and didn’t understand that fent is truly a different animal- it’s not at all comparable to heroin.

I’m so glad to see someone else post about this. I absolutely feel the same way you do about the whole fentanyl epidemic..I was an IV heroin user and got clean successfully after methadone treatment. Long story short, I broke my back and nearly died in a car crash and was really fucked over by the hospital as far as after care and was in the kind of pain that made me wish I had died in the crash instead. I was denied any kind of pain killers so I went looking for heroin as I was that desperate. Since I was out of the game for a few years all I could find was fent. As a 5 foot girl in my 20’s weighing maybe 120 soaking wet who had a pretty extreme tolerance to slamming heroin, I figured chasing just a couple trails off the foil wouldn’t even be able to do any more than give me some light pain relief. I couldn’t have been more ill-informed. Just two chases off the foil and I went down. That’s all it took. I was extremely lucky that my homie had narcan- both nasal spray and the shot. As I had to be administered 2 doses of nasal spray and one dose of the shot. I know if my homie didn’t have the amount of narcan he did, I would have absolutely died. As someone who was given another chance at life, I feel it’s only my duty to share my story in the hopes of educating those like me who knew so little about fent and didn’t understand that fent is truly a different animal- it’s not at all comparable to heroin.
Wow…
I’m so glad there was someone there to get you back from the abyss.
I just went through the same thing with my daughter about 2 months ago.
She had been in custody for about 2 months on possession charges. She too is an experienced heroin user for the last 10 years…
My son has been using fentanyl for the last two years, and he’s totally irresponsible in that use.
He has a bad habit of leaving half smoked foils laying around despite my constant haranguing to clean up his messes.
Well, my daughter came across several and was taking hits off them trying to get high, not understanding that fentanyl doesn’t give the same euphoric effect as heroin and the next thing I know is my son comes running into my room telling me my daughter is unresponsive and not breathing.
I’ve had several experiences with OD’s by my son and other people so I was quickly able to ascertain the seriousness of the situation whereby I immediately brought her down onto the floor, told my son to dial 911, then administered Narcan via nasal spray, I had to use two units and it still took 5 minutes of CPR to get her to start breathing again on her own.
With fentanyl you have to remember that the drug lasts longer than the Narcan does so you have to pay close attention even after they become responsive to make sure they don’t fall back into unconsciousness.
Once awake she didn’t want medical treatment from EMT’s so she called off the ambulance (against my advice), and I continued to monitor her closely for the next two hours.
If it would have happened in a way where no one was around, or nobody noticed what she had done, I would have been burying my daughter later that week.

Please people, if you’re looking to get high, don’t go looking for it with the fentanyl !
It’s a great pain control medication, so I’ll say it again…
100 times more powerful….
Does not mean 100 times as good of a ‘High’….
And for those of you who do not have a high tolerance to opioids, or for what ever reason have been off opiates for a while, it only takes a little to put you in the ground….
Be smart, get high if you must, do what you have to do if you can’t take the withdrawals, but don’t look to fentanyl as the answer to any of those needs.

It’s just too dangerous…

Thanks for the HR advice OP, and you are absolutely right that it's unwise to fuck with the fent. It has claimed many lives both as a common cut in some countries, or just being abused in itself.
Not sure how long this will remain here though, as it isn't really a question. May be more suited to TDS or H&R??

I’m new to BlueLight, and I wasn’t sure where to post this thread, perhaps those who are asking questions about fentanyl need to know that it’s not a good ‘High’ and shouldn’t be sought as a replacement for common opiates if that’s what they’re after.
From what I’ve seen so far on this site, I sadly don’t see where anyone is asking how the fentanyl high compares to that of the other opioids
But you know best, so feel free to bump it wherever you think it will do the most good.

Last edited: