• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl/Heroin

Linasavo

Greenlighter
Hello there. I'm new to this site. This will be my first post so forgive me if I'm doing it "wrong"...
I usually browse the site to get general questions regarding my use.

I have been using powder heroin for about 2 years now.
Tonight I asked my guy if he had anything stronger to use since my tolerance has grown so high. At first he gave me tar which I couldn't use because I don't shoot. I only snort or smoke.
My question is because tonight he gave me something different. Backstory - I usually pay **/gram for powder brown. He sold me 10 small paper baggies for *less* with the tiniest amount of white powder in each. All together the bags weighed out to a point of whatever this is.
I'm wondering if it's just heroin? But because I buy from his every day and our prices are ** per gram this is really different.
I can't help but wonder if this is fentanyl? I have no history using this that I know of but what I got is just a very small amount of white powder in each bag like I said and it all weighed out to about a 0.1. I snorted a small amount of it worried that it could be fent. But nothing has really happened to me. I don't even know what fent would look like and how to use it or how much it costs. Can someone help me out here? Since I'm not feeling anything I may just snort the rest of what I got. I also smoked a little bit but it didn't have that heroin taste.
So confused and my dealer wasn't very helpful. Since he sold me tar and then I asked for what I normally get and instead he gave me a point of white powder which is not comparable to the price/amount I usually get whatsoever. It was *less* for 10 small packets of a very small amount of pure white powder.
Help please! Any input would be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you got ripped off.

Its impossible to guess what the white powder is. It could be anything.

Fentanyl would not be more expensive, as it is often used as cut due to how cheap and strong it is.

I would take it back to your dealer. I wouldn't do the rest of it, for sure.

Why not just smoke the tar heroin?

Fent has a sweet type of taste, where as heroin is more of a bitter taste. If that helps.

But, I doubt it. You probably got ripped off.

Welcome to Bluelight! We don't discuss prices to start with but no worries.

Unfortunately there is no way to tell heroin from fentanyl without a lab test or specific reagent test. What you have could be anything from MSG to carfentanyl, there's no way for you or me to know without a proper test. Pretty much all pure drugs are white powders and street drugs could be cut with anything, it's never safe to assume you know the purity or contents of your bag especially with the prevalence of fentanyl.

Do not just consume larger and larger amounts in one go. Fentanyl is notorious for being hard to cut and a poorly cut bag may contain a hotspot, basically a large concentration of pure fentanyl compared to the rest of the batch.

In my area of the world, H and Fent are sold like you describe- either as grams or in “bundles” (10 little individual bags with .1 or less in them). GENERALLY, the little bags are stronger but, in my opinion, not strong enough to validate the increase in price. With that said- there’s no way to know what is H and what is Fent, other than just taking someone’s word for it (lololol). They are both sold in either format. I would bet a lot that you’ve done H cut with Fent, it’s extremely, extremely common. People that have used a lot probably start getting a good idea of what is in whatever they’re using by how they react to it, but that’s still really subjective.

Bottom line... you really have no idea what you’re taking, ever, in terms of street drugs (unless you test it). The guy probably didn’t give you fake shit (real fast way to lose money) but he probably doesn’t even know what the shit is unless he tests it himself. I have been off everything for awhile, but I’m convinced whatever I was using wasn’t truly fentanyl. It took way, way too long for it to get out of my system (I waited 5 days to start subutex and STILL had precipitated withdrawal- I’m actually looking for a thread about that odd experience). My point...a lot of this is made under sketchy circumstances. Who knows what we end up getting.