• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl drug testing

Kulvis

Greenlighter
Hi folks, I am currently going to a methadone clinic and have been for 8 years. At the beginning of this year, they started to randomly testing for fentanyl when you would do a drug test. Personally, I only get high once every week or so as it has become more of a recreational thing. Never the less, I took a drug test in July and failed for fentanyl, not heroin or anything else. It had been a full week since I had used. In the past, I have been able to pass all drug tests at one week, even less.

Basically the clinic is full nazi when you fail for fentanyl and instantly dropped my carries to 2x a week. Keep in mind that it took me years and many years of clean drug tests to get to once a week pickup. So I told them that I would take the test in 2 weeks for the next month, which is the minimum amount of time they allow in between tests. I figured that when I took this test, I would be at 2 weeks clean and there should be no chance I fail. Well guess what? I did fail. Goodbye ALL pickups, I am back to everyday pickup like all the newbies. I cannot begin to tell you how upsetting this is but that is besides the point. What I am wondering is, why the hell is fentanyl showing up after so long when no other opiates even go past a week? Everywhere online says fentanyl is 5 days, maybe a week at the most. So what the hell is going on here? It also might be of note that the test has a 40% false positive rate. Which means that it could happen to anyone at any time even if they havent used in years. Is there some new method they are using that allows fentanyl to be tested for this long? Could this be what is causing all the inaccuracies as well?

I havent been able to find any info regarding this topic anywhere online and was hoping that some of the peeps here might have some insight into this. I am going to re take another test next week except this time the clinic is gonna do a strip test on it before they send it out to make sure its clean. The strip tests might be testing it differently then what they do at the lab, which worries me. The strip test indeed might be 5-7 days like every other opioid in existence.

What the hell is going on here!?!?!?

The policies regarding fentanyl are extremely counter productive and borderline dangerous. Instantly throwing an addicts life into unmanageable chaos is probably the worse solution that anyone could have came up with. Maybe it will take a bunch of relapses and bodies piling up before they actually get the fucking point.

2 fucking weeks clean and still shows up......unbelievable.

Thanks for reading and responding!

No, unfortunately they don't care about the bodies.

40% false positive rate is abysmal and I don't know how anyone can consider that a valid test.

There are many different analogues of fent going around so it's not hard to imagine that one of them might be detectable for a longer period of time.

No, unfortunately they don't care about the bodies.

40% false positive rate is abysmal and I don't know how anyone can consider that a valid test.

There are many different analogues of fent going around so it's not hard to imagine that one of them might be detectable for a longer period of time.
According to the clinic director, the reason they are so hardcore about fentanyl is BECAUSE of the bodies. So basically fucking your schedule, causing distress at home, work etc, which will also result in missed doses at the clinic, is the solution. So when your jobs on your ass about being late, your family is suspicious as to why your leaving everyday (to goto the clinic), all this added stress and burden is supposed to make you NOT use......What kind of stupid ass Ronald Reagan dipshit came up with this crap.

My clinic somehow doesn’t test for fentanyl. However, I come up for morphine when I use fent which confuses me. Is that normal?

I’d figure the molecules are so different as not to cross-react like that.

Fortunately my clinic doesn’t care what you’re on. Haven’t peed clean in two years without consequence. Just don’t get takehomes

Its more of a, has anyone else had this happen to them? The 2 week + clean fentanyl fails.

Its more of a, has anyone else had this happen to them? The 2 week + clean fentanyl fails.

If it was a fent patch then they are notorious for hanging around in the subcutaneous fat for weeks and weeks, This causing a positive test for fent long after the last patch had been removed.... This is due to the drug getting trapped in the subcutaneous layer of fat and taking for ever to dissipate...

Dint know how this applies to pills though., I'm afraid...