• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Fentanyl detox HELP/seizures/gabapentin HELP

jurbs95

Bluelighter
I know I made a thread a month ago but I need to make a new one as things have changed:
I'm detoxing off of fentanyl, I'm here in Southern Cali, I get it straight from the brick from over the border, still in chunks. I used for over a year, around a half a gram to a gram a day off foil.
Now I've been trying to get clean since December 27th. During the month of January I tried 3 or 4 attempts to get clean, I went to outpatient clinic here and got prescribed gabapentin, clonidine and suboxone/subutex. The first time I tried to get clean I went straight from my habit to taking the pills. I was using more than prescribed but I was able to go 5 days with little symptoms due to the pills. I was running low on the pills, took a little amount of suboxone and was PWD so bad had to relapse. The next few attempts went the same but with me chipping in between using less fetty bu eventually back to half a gram before trying to get clean again. Every time I tried to get clean in January, I would get a few days and then would try to take a piece of suboxone or subutex, I'm talking less than 1mg amounts and I would get PWD. Relapse.
Fast forward to now Febuary. Starting on the 6th I started detox. Gabapentin at high doses and clonidine help almost all withdrawal symptoms. I'm taking upwards of 3000+mg gabapentin and close to 10mg clonidine a day. I have made it to today without using any fent. But within the 6 days I havent used, I've had 3 small seizures that lasted about a minute. My girlfriend was there to catch my twice, as I was standing. But once she wasn't there and I fell and woke up not knowing where I was. I am really worried about why the seizures are happening. Is it the high doses of pills or just my detox in general? And please I'm scared to death of becoming addicted to gabapentin. I've read the horror stories. Am i at high risk of gaba addiction?
Finally; the reason I am posting besides above, it is now around 6 1/2 days of detox. My girl got a week of leave to watch me but now she has to go to work. I haven't slept all night, probably because I stupidly decided to do a bump of meth last night. Stupidest idea ever. But I was worried about her going to work so I decided hey, let me try a bit of subutex. If I can maybe get the subutex to work I won't have to take so many pills (which I'm running low of. The gaba script is out but I am obtaining them elsewhere, clonidine about out though have to call Dr to hopefully refill script, although shitty insurance might make me wait a few days as I just picked up 60 pills on the 8th of Feb I believe. I went through them all) anyways I decided to take a tiny bit of subutex at 2am P.T. just about 6 1/2 days after my last dose of fent. I didn't notice too much. Maybe some slight uneasiness. At close to 4am PT I decided to take maybe another .25mg of subutex. Now I feel slight withdrawal. I'm on alot of pills. I'm worried PWD will get worse. I want to take more sub I want to get through this. I was having panic attacks recently this past month trying to quit that had me contemplating suicide. Which is usually not me.
Please help. I know this is too long; I'm just desperate. Im having seizures and my girl is 2 months pregnant. She is about to call out to work and maybe lose her job just because I'm so messed up and they don't help people out here for shit for detox.

Please I really need some help I hate to bump. My girl has called out to work. I only have so many pills and I do not feel good. Wtf why is it like this.

hey so - first off - gabapentin is a calcium channel agent, not GABA. ime it is pretty easy to titrate off of, tho some seem to have difficulty so YMMV.
the seizure thing is v strange especially if still medicated. seriously, there's so much stuff on board, so many drug drug interactions i would seek medical care,
especially given that seizures can lead to death. I hope you can get stabilized and in a better place. please let me know how it works out <3

My roommate at detox had a seizure, I was smoking a cig with him outside and he just fell out. He was coming off very high doses of fentanyl. He was taking suboxone and valium at the detox, and even with the diazepam he still had a seizure and they took him to the hospital.

I left before I had a chance to ask him about it, but I suspect fentanyl withdrawal may have been the cause or at least contributed.

Apparently seizures are not unheard of in opioid withdrawal https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/pcn.12770

^ Fuck thats insane that he still sei\ed with benzos goddamn. I wonder would phenobarbital be a better option? Ideally he could be put on medical grade fent and tapered off but thats not gonna happen.

^ Fuck thats insane that he still sei\ed with benzos goddamn. I wonder would phenobarbital be a better option? Ideally he could be put on medical grade fent and tapered off but thats not gonna happen.
Yea phenobarbital was what I was given in detox years ago when I was withdrawing from high doses of roxicodone & percs, alcohol & Xanax. They gave me methadone & the phenobarbital they gave me so I wouldn’t have seizures (& still I had random twitches)

But yea OP, I’d tell medical because they can maybe give you something better as far as less chance of seizure

That is nuts that you still had twitches and you where on pheno and methadone. One thing i cant do on opiates is drink i can honestly say that besides having a beer or 2 with dinner i dont generally drink on morphine or whatever opiate i am on. I feel really bad for people who are actual alcoholics though goddamn it is brutal. My uncle resorted to drinking aftershave. He would hallucinate like crazy if he didnt drink and i had to give him beer a few mornings just so hed stop shaking.

Thank you all for the replies. I'm in Southern California.... Our hospitals here really do not do much for help here for addicts. Especially in my city as the hospital here is only here for the prison, it is not equipped for much else here. And they have me flagged as an addict (even though I have never once gone to a Dr or a hospital with the intention of getting opiates. I always tell them I don't want opiates, but that doesn't matter here once you are flagged you are flagged and most hospitals/places will treat you poorly.)
Well to keep updated. I took probably close to .75mg of sub yesterday. Ended up relapsing shortly after. I'm so upset but things have been so hard, my girlfriend is pregnant and hasn't been able to work or do anything while detoxing. The house is in shambles. And she was breaking. I relapsed. Cleaned the house. Am going to try the bernese method as I was 7 days clean and took sub yesterday. I'm hoping since I had the 7 days clean and took subutex yesterday that hopefully it will speed up the process of the Bernese method? Any help or words of advice are greatly appreciated.
I need to get myself figured out ASAP do I can step up and help my gf or we are going to lose what little we have. It's just us right now if things get fucked things get fucked. I will keep things updated here as to what happens when I try Bernese later today.

hey so - first off - gabapentin is a calcium channel agent, not GABA. ime it is pretty easy to titrate off of, tho some seem to have difficulty so YMMV.
the seizure thing is v strange especially if still medicated. seriously, there's so much stuff on board, so many drug drug interactions i would seek medical care,
especially given that seizures can lead to death. I hope you can get stabilized and in a better place. please let me know how it works out <3
Gabapentin is a class of drugs called gabapentoids. It affects the receptors just like Lyrica.

Also gabapentin should help with seizure. They must be bad to break through a gabapentoid.

Please I really need some help I hate to bump. My girl has called out to work. I only have so many pills and I do not feel good. Wtf why is it like this.
I’m coming off fent too it’s Chinese fentanyl and it’s blue it’s straight death if you don’t have a tolerance, not good. I’m on day 2. We’ll it’s 4AM eastern time and i took 150mg roughly every 30 mg with some food and alleve to increase gaba absorption. I still have a runny nose but was able to eat and i smoked 4-5 gram joints thanks god i have a good situation with herb. But I’m going crazy too.. just know you’re not in this alone man, my nose is running to my chin, but i sniff mine ans that is definitely a factor i know i have a deviated septum already by looking but what can i do, my options are smoking it off foil or shooting it and smoking it is a bit of a waste but there is no future while were on fentanyl we’re slaves. Ever try to go on a 5 day vacation? Better be workin and making good Money.