• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Citrate - Glass bottle broke, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliEmo

Greenlighter
Hey all,

I happened upon a 50 mL bottle of medical liquid fentanyl citrate about a year ago, and have been keeping it in my basement until I could find out a way to get needles reliably or find someone who would buy it.

Today I went to look at the bottle to remember the concentration, and it fucking slipped out of my hands and the contents spilled all over my floor. I wasn't sure what to do and my friend and I in a panic came up with the plan to soak it up with paper towels to save it, so now the damp but not soaked paper towels are in a cup covered in tin foil. It also got my shirt pretty damp, which I took off asap.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how I could possibly save this, I was hoping some kind of resuspension would work but can't think of many organic solvents that'd be ok to IV. Can anyone please help me? I've been relying on this asset for a long time and am very upset :(

Last edited:
No you need to toss it. Using any of this would be dangerous possibly lethal as you can not know the concentration. Plus the floor was your basement floor, which I bet is dirty with dust... Honestly you should probably clean the area and that shirt well as throw the cup with the paper into a plastic bag and label it dangerous or hazard before tossing it. That stuff could easily kill someone.

Using it in this situation would be beyond irresponsible and dangerous. Please just trash it.

If you MUST use it, extract the fent from the paper towels you soaked it up with and then treat that solution as you would have the original (although injecting it would be an absolutely horrible idea).

But the bottom line is there is no safe way to use the fent soaked paper towels for whatever. Taco's suggestion of labeling the material as hazardous is a great idea.

Since it's soluble in water, I would put the paper in water and then save and IV, after micron filtering. I would never ever sell it, because it's not a far-fetched idea that the person using it would get blood poisoning and probably die.

However, I DO NOT recommend doing this, but I am far too much a junkie to throw away such an amount of a potent drug.

This is a great way to accidentally overdose. If you're dead set on saving it, you could soak the paper towels in a small amount of water and wring them out in it to save what you can, but you would have to be really, really careful to not incidentally expose yourself to an OD quantity.

Micron filtering would be essential to IV, but you won't really have any idea how much fent you'll be giving yourself after you recover what you can, so all in all, I think you should just cut your losses.

What would be better is to soak it in alcohol and evaporate it. That being said it's still not safe

Yes, it's worth repeating that, given the OP's situation, there is NO safe way to use this drug (short of being an analytical chemist and access to a lab, in which case you wouldn't even be asking us for our opinion on this).

Ah, fuck, not even trying to recrystallize for smoking?

Fuck man I'm just so bummed out, that was so much money and/or fun and I just... dropped it :/

bummer but yeah, best mop your floor up cause its ruined.
and also be careful if you've got pets/small kids/kids/me if come round later

Yea that's off... 150 ug in 50 ml? Sure you didn't mean 150 mg? You couldn't even inject a solution if it was 3 ug per ml....

Assuming it was a clean concrete floor I would have taken a hairdryer to the puddle after picking out the glass, created and extreamly diluted solution and started with the most miniscule amount, like the amount released per hour when using a patch properly and verrry slowly work your way up but that pretty much is the opposite of HR so toss that shit. Although if you knew the exact amount of fent you dropped I don't see how respension and then starting at standard transdermal doses taken any other route than IV would be any more dangerous than your original plan. Although I already forgot you said you weren't sure of the concentration... so yeah toss that shit and make sure you don't wash the shirt with your other laundry lol.

I'm going to close this as the question has been answered. There is no safe way to do this. Take away whatever lessons you can from this unfortunate experience OP, but please don't try to use this stuff. There are plenty of cheap accessible opioids out there that will be far less dangerous.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.