• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Fentanyl. Changing ROA.

RustyCrackleford

Bluelighter
Hello people, lemme hit you with a little background on me. I’ve been and on again off again(mostly on) IV heroin(and now Fentanyl) user for about fifteen years. Generally I’ve had no problem with venous access and I like to think my technique and etc is pretty solid. I mean it kind of has to be, as a syringe exchange/outreach worker/FTIR tech I kinda need to know what I’m talking about, as I’m always having to teach people proper technique and find veins for them. Nonetheless I’ve hit that time in my dope shooting career where I.v is no longer a real viable option. My veins are shit now, they’re ropy and hard, or completely blown at this point. Lately this has escalated to ”off limits” areas like my feet, wrists, etc. Ive stayed away from the fem and the neck because, well it’s fucked and not a road I want to go down. But after fifteen years of IV being my main ROA I’m struggling to change, spending hours finding a vein, missing a good deal, and using out one when I find it because it’s all I can find.

Ive decided that in my slow process of eventually becoming opiate free, it’s time to change my ROA. I’ve tried to swap to just snorting it, but with my fucked tolerance and fixation on near immediate gratification, it’s not working out. Especially the cost of essentially doubling my intake to get to where I need to be to function.

I figured I’d switch over to smoking and see how that fairs, and maybe will help me eventually ”step down” to just snorting and them tapering. My issue is that product that saturates my area is much more suited to IV use. Usually white/off grey powders that tend to die on foil real easy. I’ve tried off foil, rolling a bubble like I’m smoking meth, etc. I feel my technique is pretty standard with foil, crease, keep distance heat until it bubbles and rolls and let’s off vapor, but even with my usual amounts it’s not hitting.

My question boils down to, is there anything I need to add/do to my straight powder to help it smoke better? Will a hammer pipe help with these issues? Any input would be great, I’m tired of the psychological struggle with the needle and feel that if I can find a ROA that works at least partially as good I can fight my way out.

PS: My supply is almost always mostly mannitol/fentanyl sometimes with a splash of Xylazine in there(sadly). My supply is always tested by myself via FTIR and then sent out for GC/MS confirmation. So I always have a bead on what I’m using and it’s composition.

I have smoked mannitol fentanyl mix. It was pretty concentrated but worked just fine. There’s also rectal use but I feel that might be easier to OD.

Also smoking off a glass weed dab rig is always superior to foil

But I commend you on your goal to kick the needle. i stopped using it for good like 8 years ago after seeing and researching how bad it is long term for you or even acutely can kill you.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don’t really have anything of use to add. When I switched from banging heroin to smoking fentanyl I did it out of necessity because I had the same issue with my veins after a decade of hittin multiple goofballs a day. Luckily where I’m located the fetti is almost exclusively geared towards smoking. The few times I banged some I hardly felt anything so it wasn’t hard to switch to smoking since the shit locally for me hits hard when smoked. I wish you luck on kickin the needle though it’s a tough habit to break.