• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl/analogues and synthetic drugs linked to seizure/convulsions?

Urban0162

Greenlighter
I seizured grand-mal around age 18-20 for the one and only time in my life. I was abusing tramadol 1200mg daily on average. Sometimes topping 2000mg, never lower than 600mg for 9ish months without a single day off.

My friend seizured first time age 23 after a month etizolam binge then a day off and seizure. Then he had huge seizures every 4-12 weeks. For years we dabbled in opioids when scripts were around. He preferred codeine, occasional dihydrocodeine and morphine rectally. Whereas I'd rather use a syringe in a vein than my anus, and i had a consistent script Oxynorm 20mg x 56 every 14 days, about a year in 56 x 10mg fortnightly added on. So obviously my tolerance grew huge, I got addicted long before i realised, so I progressed to full addiction, minimum 120mg oxycodone a day while his lack of availability meant he would nod out almost drooling off a 20mg oxy.

Enter dark web.

His codeine habit was growing and CWE were increasingly difficult as pharmacists began recognising him. Doctor refused any codeine, even to wean and advised methadone clinic. So dark web was next attempt. Straight away it was apparent fentanyl analogues or H were cheaper than codeine boxes. After a few weeks I asked him to get me a bag of fentanyl + mannitol. He had his own 'fentanyl'. His manly ego made him sniff lines at the same rate as me. His head would fall back and gouch with his eyes not even shut. I told him to drop the ego, this ain't tryin to keep up at a bar. I was taking 120mg oxy daily just to not be sick, dont go at my rate. He asked for a taste of mine, so I gave him about 80-120mg. I thought it was tax for him hooking me up, but turns out he had butyrfentanyl as it was cheaper. I got fentanyl, correct me if I'm wrong, but mine was 4-7 times stronger. So 1 of my lines was a lot more potent than his, which is huge considering the potency. He didn't tell me this until about 7 hours in.
After 12ish hour session, he was a dribbling zombie and I was just staring at his wall bored. So he woke, I gave him a j of bud, he rolled it and went outside with me to smoke as I left. It was 3am so I didn't stay for the j.
I waved bye.
6am his dad gets up for work, finds his son dead. A huge drug induced seizure somewhere in that few hour gap. Ironically I had naloxone in my car, which was right outside as I walked home. I don't know the coroners verdict. I dont know if they would even look for fentanyl in toxicology as he had no track marks, this was just before it exploded in USA, and it is very rare in UK, most junkies never heard of it.

A lady I know in her late 40's who drank maybe twice a year and tried cannabis once and felt sick. That's her drug experience until doctor put her on ketamine oral solution for chronic pain. It didn't suit her, so they gave her a "pain patch".. So she stuck it on in good faith but she couldn't swallow Oramorph for breakthrough pain.. So doctor just said put a second patch on. This was before Heroin epidemic in the news, when oxycodone was still huge in USA. Here in UK people thought of morphine as the top painkiller, except diamorphine for end of life pain mostly in hospices.
So a quick Google of this innocent "pain patch", and suddenly the intensity of this little Duragesic patch revealed the power of fentanyl. She went from not touching pills, occasional hospital visits when it got unbearable and they'd shoot morphine sulfate in to her spine. The Oramorph she was prescribed sat untouched (until an opiate fairy stumbled across 7 x 500ml bottles at 2mg/1ml and took the liquid and refilled it with wine and codeine linctus.. It was out of date anyway and destined for the bin like many previous bottles).
So she went from not even taking paracetamol to 100ug/hr fentanyl citrate. Needless to say she slept 22 hours a day and was massively over medicated. Then seizures began. Up to 4 a day, anywhere from 2 to 7 days a week. Midway down the stairs, in a supermarket, in a taxi with her young child. No epilepsy found on brain scans. When she followed advise and stuck 2 patches on, seizure in department store, wet herself, banged her head and woke in a hospital. The registrar said no epilepsy. She has had multiple sclerosis 10ish years (hence the drug cocktail), and was going to operate on her misreading side effects from fentanyl!
After family advice the fentanyl ceased, doctor just wrote she was allergic. Sativex was brought up based on her brother's advice. 7 years previous they flat out denied it saying she isn't in a county for NHS Sativex, it's a post code lottery and also, consultant til her she can't afford it (based on nothing, as she could). Well laws have since changed, Sativex is now available nation wide for multiple sclerosis sufferers who failed to respond to other treatment. It is now available on the NHS, previously it was £70-80 a week I think. The consultant got up and left the room. Upon return he tried to convince her Zomorph or Palladone as Sativex "has many side effects within itself". I've rambled off the point sorry, just my despair at the conniving and ridiculous way some patients are treated. Upon telling the consultant he has prescribed ketamine, ounces of morphine, and fentanyl!! And he tries to pawn her off medical cannabis medicine...
So Butrans failed now she has gone up the opioid ladder to.. Paracetamol. 4000mg a day. She doesnt even touch it, but the seizures ceased after fentanyl was gone.

I think synthetic drugs are not fully understood. 3 people began having seizures well in to life, the common factor is all 3 were taking large amounts of synthetic drugs. This never happened opiates like morphine, codeine etc. It's unheard of.
Similar to synthetic cannabinoids.. People die from an OD, convulsions are common, a plethora of side effects unheard of with natural cannabis, even heavily selectively bred. Synthetic cannabinoids are hardcore, they even pale over THC acetate in side effects.

So has anyone else noticed this or similar. And has anyone witnessed seizures with fentanyl use? I know 3 people who've tried fentanyl and 2 seizured during use. And the other seizures from tramadol. I dont think it's coincidence.