• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl 50mcg matrix patches

rollinwhite

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

I've already read a few threads dealing with similar issues but since fentanyl is so highly potent and situations/tolerances are different from person to person I wanted to post a thread of my own as well.

While clearing out my apartment I found a little paper bag that has 9 50mcg/hr fentanyl patches in it. They expired in October 2019.

I have some experience with opiates and opioids. I've done codeine, hydromorphone, tilidin, morphine and tramadol. Always pills and always oral. Tramadol was my favorite.

I took tramadol and morphine daily for about 9 months or so until I quit in June 2019. I didn't take any opiates again until now, except for one dose of morphine in November 2019 and another one on Christmas eve 2021. I would guess my tolerance is pretty much nonexistent, right?

So with that in mind, how do I make the best of these patches?

I figured I'd cut them up and put them on the inside of my cheek, but I'm not sure about the size. I've seen people say to cut them into 10ths but in my situation that seems like a surefire way to overdose, since the packets say each patch contains a total of 8,25mg (not 100% sure, I don't have them here right now) so even one 10th of the patch would give me almost a mg of fentanyl.

I know this might seem a little overboard but my idea was this: cut one patch up into 10ths, then cut that one into 10 equal pieces again and then use the part that was a rounded corner, which is thus even smaller. I guess that would put the dose somewhere around 50-100mcg, depending on how equal the pieces get. So that combined with the lower BA compared to transdermal seems like a relatively safe way to go about this.

What do you think? Should I try it that way? Should I maybe start with an even smaller piece?

I'd rather be safe than sorry. I could always take more. I just really want to get high again now that I have those patches. But I do not want my mother or siblings to find me dead.

Sorry if I come across as paranoid

Unfortunately I don't know much about how the patches release the fent, especially when chopped up, hopefully someone with more experience will come by soon.

All I can say is assume the patches haven't lost any of their potency, are still full strength, and start with the smallest dose you can because you effectively have 0 tolerance right now.

I know this is gonna sound silly but is there anyway you could actually ask a Dr. or a Nurse and say that your friend has cut up some patches and you are worried that he/she will misuse them. Or maybe call the Poison Control Center ( call 1-your area code ) 555-1212 to get the number. Tell them that you found the patch already cut up and wonder how many little pieces of it will your friend need to NOT take.

The reason I say this is you want to get high with them and may not wait for a good, solid answer. And since the patches are always meant to apply transdermally in one piece...cutting them up is just never a good idea. I mean I guess you can do the math so that each piece is the same amount of MICROGRAMS but being that you are opioid NAIVE I am a bit worried about you cutting them up and putting them in your cheek. I know one poster that knows a lot about patches so maybe @dalpat077 can guide you with this.

Just stay safe and don't take any until you are SURE of what you are doing. <3

Hello everyone,

I've already read a few threads dealing with similar issues but since fentanyl is so highly potent and situations/tolerances are different from person to person I wanted to post a thread of my own as well.

While clearing out my apartment I found a little paper bag that has 9 50mcg/hr fentanyl patches in it. They expired in October 2019.

I have some experience with opiates and opioids. I've done codeine, hydromorphone, tilidin, morphine and tramadol. Always pills and always oral. Tramadol was my favorite.

I took tramadol and morphine daily for about 9 months or so until I quit in June 2019. I didn't take any opiates again until now, except for one dose of morphine in November 2019 and another one on Christmas eve 2021. I would guess my tolerance is pretty much nonexistent, right?

So with that in mind, how do I make the best of these patches?

I figured I'd cut them up and put them on the inside of my cheek, but I'm not sure about the size. I've seen people say to cut them into 10ths but in my situation that seems like a surefire way to overdose, since the packets say each patch contains a total of 8,25mg (not 100% sure, I don't have them here right now) so even one 10th of the patch would give me almost a mg of fentanyl.

I know this might seem a little overboard but my idea was this: cut one patch up into 10ths, then cut that one into 10 equal pieces again and then use the part that was a rounded corner, which is thus even smaller. I guess that would put the dose somewhere around 50-100mcg, depending on how equal the pieces get. So that combined with the lower BA compared to transdermal seems like a relatively safe way to go about this.

What do you think? Should I try it that way? Should I maybe start with an even smaller piece?

I'd rather be safe than sorry. I could always take more. I just really want to get high again now that I have those patches. But I do not want my mother or siblings to find me dead.

Sorry if I come across as paranoid
Trade this shit with anoda one like oxy,percs or whatever you want.If you are naive throw them in the garbage and spit upon them.If you are old junkey....well you know what to do.

You're running a dangerous as hell game.

People die in parking lots at random trying to find the right fent patch size from a bread crumb to a cracker that would work for them. You pass out with it in your mouth (even can be from tiny pieces), and don't wake up. Its like you're starting to feel it and then a dead ghost the next. I really do not advise answering your question lol. I know you stated that you have some opioid tolerance which is a good thing to have if the topic is pertaining to fent patches. Unless you have a substantial opiate tolerance (like from someone who is a heroin daily user), its just not worth the risk. Might as well go broke and buy pills because if your tolerance is not solidly too high on opiates in general, you stand a reasonable chance of dying. If you're down to have a friend narcan you back to life, it will be a cranky way to wake up from a nap lol. Thats the only way I could see this being reasonable to attempt. If someone is right there next to you with the narcan.

Too many people die from fent patches and gauging the right dose by eye. Its a quick and silent way to go out and you won't have time to regret it.

1) you're playing with some serious fire right now. Do not try anything without a sitter and narcan ready to revive you.

I would honestly throw them away if you want to live.

Since drug addicts are gonna do it.anyways here are my comments.

I had a prescription for these patches. They containing freebase fentanyl which is poorly soluble in water. It also has an awful bioavailability orally..
So putting the patches in your mouth will be a massive waste. I domt know why people started doing this but they are wasting their fent.

If you have no opioid tolerance one of these patches could easily kill you. I overdosed on fent patches and have used them many different ways.

I could tell you an easy way to extract pure fent out of the patches but it will likely kill you.

If they are 100% matrix patches they are safe to cut and apply smaller pieces on yourself. The bioavailivily is 100% transderamlly as opposed to 30% orally.

If you put the patch on.yourself and heat it with a hair dryer on and off for about an hour it will start hitting you really hard....so don't do that becsuse you're gonna find it on the internet.

Since you have zero opioid tolerance I would start with less than 1/32nd of a patch and not even heat it. and do it in the presence of a sitter with nalaxone becsuse you still may overdose. Itnwill take 3 to 4 hrs to work.

You're playing with fire. These things almost killed me and I had a massive tolerance. I had to be narcanned.

Last edited:
I had a habit using fent patches back in 2011-12 when no one knew wtf fentanyl was

I can tell you from experience: if the patches are brand name Sandoz, they’ll work great. Small pieces is the key. I could get 10 pieces easily from one 75 mcg/hr patch. Put piece along gum line, like between cheek and teeth/gums.

I was fairly opioid tolerant.

Those patches helped me not get violated on parole. No one tested for it cause it wasn’t common

Anyway back to the point. If they aren’t Sandoz, don’t bother. All the other matrix types had something where they didnt work orally.

Any other brand , forget chewing it or letting it sit in mouth. Instead—cut patch into smaller pieces and wear it. You can’t really get it to stay on if you take it off, so start small. Can always add a piece.

Key point: start small. If you start feeling dizzy or nauseous—take it off or spit it out or whatever IMMEDIATELY. With Fentanyl patches the drug pools in the top layers of skin/fat …when you take it off there is still fentanyl that hasn’t been absorbed into bloodstream yet.

The patches were useful at times for me. If you start small and use common sense, they’re no more dangerous than some Oxy 30s

Feel free to ask any more questions. I had a lot of previous experience with these

Last edited:
I had a habit using fent patches back in 2011-12 when no one knew wtf fentanyl was

I can tell you from experience: if the patches are brand name Sandoz, they’ll work great. Small pieces is the key. I could get 10 pieces easily from one 75 mcg/hr patch. Put piece along gum line, like between cheek and teeth/gums.

I was fairly opioid tolerant.

Those patches helped me not get violated on parole. No one tested for it cause it wasn’t common

Anyway back to the point. If they aren’t Sandoz, don’t bother. All the other matrix types had something where they didnt work orally.

Any other brand , forget chewing it or letting it sit in mouth. Instead—cut patch into smaller pieces and wear it. You can’t really get it to stay on if you take it off, so start small. Can always add a piece.

Key point: start small. If you start feeling dizzy or nauseous—take it off or spit it out or whatever IMMEDIATELY. With Fentanyl patches the drug pools in the top layers of skin/fat …when you take it off there is still fentanyl that hasn’t been absorbed into bloodstream yet.

The patches were useful at times for me. If you start small and use common sense, they’re no more dangerous than some Oxy 30s

Feel free to ask any more questions. I had a lot of previous experience with these
I think this is true about Sandoz patches. I have used different brands at 50mcg/h yet since using the Sandoz ones I’ve had bad nausea each time, even when I’ve halved them (ROA transdermal, I haven’t tried it any other way). I’ve had to rip them off and wash the skin underneath it. Educate me - how is it that different brands can produce different effects?

dont ever soak one in rubbing alcohol until it evaporates and than use vinegar to draw. that will probably kill you for sure. No joke. I won't mess with these anymore. SERIOUS DEATHWISH TERRITORY. but for the sake of HR I suppose. By the way dont do that its so fucking dumb. the rush isnt even great. not lyin on that either.

1) you're playing with some serious fire right now. Do not try anything without a sitter and narcan ready to revive you.

I would honestly throw them away if you want to live.

Since drug addicts are gonna do it.anyways here are my comments.

I had a prescription for these patches. They containing freebase fentanyl which is poorly soluble in water. It also has an awful bioavailability orally..
So putting the patches in your mouth will be a massive waste. I domt know why people started doing this but they are wasting their fent.

If you have no opioid tolerance one of these patches could easily kill you. I overdosed on fent patches and have used them many different ways.

I could tell you an easy way to extract pure fent out of the patches but it will likely kill you.

If they are 100% matrix patches they are safe to cut and apply smaller pieces on yourself. The bioavailivily is 100% transderamlly as opposed to 30% orally.

If you put the patch on.yourself and heat it with a hair dryer on and off for about an hour it will start hitting you really hard....so don't do that becsuse you're gonna find it on the internet.

Since you have zero opioid tolerance I would start with less than 1/32nd of a patch and not even heat it. and do it in the presence of a sitter with nalaxone becsuse you still may overdose. Itnwill take 3 to 4 hrs to work.

You're playing with fire. These things almost killed me and I had a massive tolerance. I had to be narcanned.
Hi, 28 year veteran user on 18 50mcg/hr fent patches. Want to know best way to extract and make a decent down for smoke or iv.I have been at the mercy of my addiction my whole life, and I find the patches help, but I feel I'm wasting precious fent and fear a petty pharmacist is all that stands between me and lethal levels overdose.

Hi, 28 year veteran user on 18 50mcg/hr fent patches. Want to know best way to extract and make a decent down for smoke or iv.I have been at the mercy of my addiction my whole life, and I find the patches help, but I feel I'm wasting precious fent and fear a petty pharmacist is all that stands between me and lethal levels overdose.
Wearing the patches will provide the most bioapsorption (100%) and longest most efficient way of keeping you well

Extractions you will lose a percentage of the fent and instantly waste what is meant to last 72 ours and you'll be sick again hours wven though you may likely but not even always get a more intense high

Last edited:
Wearing the patches will provide the most bioapsorption (100%) and longest most efficient way of keeping you well

Extractions you will lose a percentage of the fent and instantly waste what is meant to last 72 ours and you'll be sick again hours wven though you may likely but not even always get a more intense high
I know this, but there are several reasons I don't get drugs into my system by mixing them up with adhesive, spreading it on a piece of plastic, and sticking it to my skin. I have dermatographia, amongst other issues/sensitivities. My body no longer has a site where the skin isnt raw where I can fit all my patches. Do I need to go on? I'm going to do this and I want to know exactly how without wasting, wrecking, or dying. You said you could tell one how to best make use of patches, so. . . parts check? If u are uncomfortable posting it then message me privately. Please and thank you

I know this, but there are several reasons I don't get drugs into my system by mixing them up with adhesive, spreading it on a piece of plastic, and sticking it to my skin. I have dermatographia, amongst other issues/sensitivities. My body no longer has a site where the skin isnt raw where I can fit all my patches. Do I need to go on? I'm going to do this and I want to know exactly how without wasting, wrecking, or dying. You said you could tell one how to best make use of patches, so. . . parts check? If u are uncomfortable posting it then message me privately. Please and thank you
I don't feel comfortable telling you how to extract pure fent becsuse it surely will kill you and I've killed enough ppl by turning them onto things like IV use or fentanyl use and so on....and don't beleieve it's right for me to take on that role any more of turning people out.

I don't really blame myself for other ppls decisions, but something about helping with this doesn't feel right....I myself have overdosed a few times extracting these patches and abusing them.

I'm sorry about the other skin issues....is having your doctor switch you to an oral medication possible?

Last edited:
I don't feel comfortable telling you how to extract pure fent becsuse it surely will kill you and I've killed enough ppl by turning them onto things like IV use or fentanyl use and so on....and don't beleieve it's right for me to take on that role any more of turning people out.

I don't really blame myself for other ppls decisions, but something about helping with this doesn't feel right....I myself have overdosed a few times extracting these patches and abusing them.

I'm sorry about the other skin issues....is having your doctor switch you to an oral medication possible?
I would never use Fentanyl taken from a patch.
I am wondering how to get lidocaine from a patch.
I was burned on the front of my thigh a couple nights ago.
The bandage is stuck to the wound and I am hoping to numb my skin before taking it off.
I have tried soaking, petroleum jelly and baby oil.
Nothing is loosening this stupid bandage!
Any instructions on how to get the lidocaine from the patch will be appreciated.
PS I am a 62 year old grandmother and haven't had any interest in getting high in years.
I have evidently become a big baby about pain in my dotage. Frakkin pain sucks!

I would never use Fentanyl taken from a patch.
I am wondering how to get lidocaine from a patch.
I was burned on the front of my thigh a couple nights ago.
The bandage is stuck to the wound and I am hoping to numb my skin before taking it off.
I have tried soaking, petroleum jelly and baby oil.
Nothing is loosening this stupid bandage!
Any instructions on how to get the lidocaine from the patch will be appreciated.
PS I am a 62 year old grandmother and haven't had any interest in getting high in years.
I have evidently become a big baby about pain in my dotage. Frakkin pain sucks!

There’s a chemistry guy on YouTube, I think it’s NileRed, who does an extract of lidocaine video.
That should help you. 👍

I dunno if the op is still around but if you have no tolerance you could get high wearing the patches.

I dunno if the op is still around but if you have no tolerance you could get high wearing the patches.
I'm still around and used up all the patches. They were good while they lasted, but I prefer stuff like tilidine, tramadol or, my absolute favorite, morphine. Bummer that I don't have any way of getting opiates again any time soon

I'm still around and used up all the patches. They were good while they lasted, but I prefer stuff like tilidine, tramadol or, my absolute favorite, morphine. Bummer that I don't have any way of getting opiates again any time soon
I would have just stuck a patch or two on and been high for three days. I rather like wearing fentanyl patches.

Did you end up sucking on them like you said?