• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fent. Fentanyl inexpensive alternative to heroin?

Дроттп.

Greenlighter
A friend and I we're discussing using fentanyl in powder form as an inexpensive alternative to heroin. But isn't this substance a lot more expensive didn't heroin?

No its much cheaper but if you get some pure powder you have a good chance of killing yourself with it unless you can handle and measure it extremely carefully

Gram for gram it likely costs more but you need like 1/100th the amount

Don't sell fentanyl on this website please. And no, fentanyl has nothing to see with heroin. Tried both and if I had to chose I'd take Poppy all the way.

No its much cheaper but if you get some pure powder you have a good chance of killing yourself with it unless you can handle and measure it extremely carefully

Gram for gram it likely costs more but you need like 1/100th the amount
I appreciate it man thank you very much I was telling my buddy he should stick with just a methadone cut that shit is super deadly thank you for your input

There are testing services out there, as well as fentanyl test strips you can use to determine presence of fentanyl in drugs.

To answer the question, gram per gram fentanyl is more expensive than heroin, partially because it's a synthetic chemical that requires several steps to manufacture and a process much more complicated than converting opium from poppies into heroin.

The reason it is touted as a "cheaper alternative" is that a dose of fentanyl is about 1/50th of a dose of heroin, by weight. A typical dose of heroin might be 25 milligrams, but the equivalent dose of fentanyl is 500 micrograms or 0.5 mg. This means unscrupulous dealers can make large amounts of fake "heroin" from small amounts of fentanyl.

The problems with fentanyl are: it's more toxic than morphine or heroin, that is, easier to OD on. 2 milligrams (0.002 grams) is the average lethal dose of fentanyl for someone who has no tolerance to opioids. A lethal dose of heroin in the same individual could be up to 500mg. Another is that fentanyl has a much shorter duration of action than heroin - so you have to do it much more frequently. And another is that many people find it less euphoric or satisfying than heroin.