• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Fencamfamine´s Opioid effects - Is there any data on it?

Soulfake

Bluelighter
It is often mentioned that fencamfamine has opioid effects, but hasn´t it been researched how it act´s at the opioid receptors and if it´s an agonist, modulator or something else? It was used as an pharmaceutical so there must have been much research with animals etc. and data from studies with humans, and still the only information available is that the reinforcing effects may be occuring at the opioid recptors but nothing else? That´s about as much as is known about the synthetic cannabinoids, they work at the cb receptors but how and in which way isn´t known. :?

This is the only Info I could find: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7700952

I'm not really educated in neuropharmacology but it's not the first time that an opioid antagonist blocks reinforcing effects from a drug with a different mode of action. Fencamfamine doesn't look like something that would bind to opioid receptors, and naloxone is far from being selective at MOP. Also, I remember reading somewhere that opioid antagonists don't have any effects unless a person is dependent on opioid agonists, well, how could it even be possible? If you block opioid receptors, you basically decrease natural opioidergic transmission. I mean it's quite possible that naloxone indirectly blocks downstream effects by blocking opioid receptors.

Last edited: