• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Female: low sex drive & difficulty "getting off" on Suboxone

Xo.QueenK

Greenlighter
I wasn't sure if I should post this in "sex & relationships" or "health & recovery" forums, but here goes.

So I've been on suboxone about 2 weeks now. I'm supposed to be taking 12mg, however, I found that to be way too much. Instead I'm taking between 2-4mg daily.

I've recently discovered that aside from my low sex drive (which I can tolerate on its own, I just need to get going) but its impossible to achieve an orgasm. When I first began doing high doses of opiates, I had this issue, however, I overcame it after years of use, plus the high I achieved made not orgasming more tolerable.

Any other females experienced this? Are there any ways to overcome it? Like an even lower dose?

Is it the bupe that's doing this, or the naloxone in the bupe?

I've spent years trying to find appropriate alternative medications for issues I have that don't have this side effect, and this makes it a deal breaker, but I don't want that to be the case.

Also, any tips on the anhedonia that is experienced after quitting opiates? I'm on an antidepressant (that doesn't cause the inability to orgasm), but nothing else- including time (I spent years off opiates, but led back to them because of the complete inability to feel any pleasure) has helped.

I love the support network here on BL, an appreciate any info yall have.

xo.