• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Felony murder: why a teenager who didn't kill anyone faces 55 years in jail

I also completely disagree with you that it would make any difference whatsoever, even with intensive firearms training the likelihood that a K12 teacher becomes John fucking Rambo and takes out a shooter is highly unlikely. The people that do these sorts of things do them exactly for the reason that others fail to stop them, they dont give a shit and want to die

I also completely disagree with you that it would make any difference whatsoever, even with intensive firearms training the likelihood that a K12 teacher becomes John fucking Rambo and takes out a shooter is highly unlikely. The people that do these sorts of things do them exactly for the reason that others fail to stop them, they dont give a shit and want to die

They could just follow the sound of gunshots and take the perpetrator by surprise.
wouldn't that difficult really, especially inside a school where a handgun would be just as effective as an assault rifle when facing a single assailant.

in .3 seconds...wow without scrolling more than four inches wow... i dont have the time or inclination to do your research for you but lets just guess that despite "only 3 states allowing concealed cuns on ALL school campuses" there are more than three fucking towns in the entire country where this is happening

Have you ever heard a gunshot go off in a confined space? How about in a hallway? Let me guess clearing all the hajis you came across in Raq using your enhanced echo location techniques right? You would probably get your fucking head blown off right before you shit yourself in the situation you describe. Great reference on the website by the way a site dedicated to keeping GUNS OFF CAMPUSES to defend your argument to put them on campus

But to date no school shootings in US have armed teachers been present.

Like they would freely admit otherwise? "Sorry your kid got shot, I was packing but I couldnt hear which floor they were being murdered on, for some reason I thought they would be easier to find by sound"

Have you ever heard a gunshot go off in a confined space? How about in a hallway? Let me guess clearing all the hajis you came across in Raq using your enhanced echo location techniques right? You would probably get your fucking head blown off right before you shit yourself in the situation you describe. Great reference on the website by the way a site dedicated to keeping GUNS OFF CAMPUSES to defend your argument to put them on campus

I don't give a shit what the website says, i've made many good arguments already in this thread, i just needed the map.

From inside a classroom, the gunshots wouldn't be too loud the teacher could hear them, go for the locked gun in his/her desk, follow the sound of gunshots and use the element of surprise.
TBH, most school shooters aren't "John fucking rambo" either. A teacher would have a good chance of stopping a shooting.

the teacher could hear them, go for the gun in his/her desk

That desk better be well locked.. Wouldn't wont some kids picking that lock/getting the key and shooting a few other kids.

That desk better be well locked.. Wouldn't wont some kids picking that lock/getting the key and shooting a few other kids.

It could be in a coded gunsafe fitted to the desk. Those things are fucking impossible to get into. they're like ATMs.

now find a real point of my last post to criticize so we can continue this.

Are they really quick to open? Otherwise the teacher might be too late and 18 kids are already dead. Because of you guessed it, guns. Easy guns to buy.

What happens if a kid comes up behind the teacher with a knife smuggled into school and threatens to slit the teachers throat until that gun safe is open? What's he/she going to do?

Are they really quick to open? Otherwise the teacher might be too late and 18 kids are already dead.

What happens if a kid comes up behind the teacher with a knife smuggled into school and threatens to slit the teachers throat until that gun safe is open? What's he/she going to do?

1. In an unlikely scenario where it takes 5 minutes to type in a 6 digit code, one could argue that 18 dead is better than 33 dead. (# of dead @ virginia tech)
At least if the teacher is getting a gun there is a time limit on the shooting faster than the cops can get there, which is usually at least 11 minutes (US average police response)
2. i am a big proponent of metal detectors in schools, so one could argue those could be used to prevent knives from coming in to schools. Very common in many schools. Unfortunately metal detectors aren't effective against kids shooting their way into schools, that's where armed teachers come in.

I cant tell if your seriously this stupid or its just past your bedtime.

What makes you think a school teacher making less than $50K a year and who is TRAINED TO TEACH CHILDREN should be a last line of defense?

What makes you think 'the element of surprise' is even a realistic scenario?

What makes you think having a 'coded gunsafe' installed on every desk in the country is a good idea?

Do you even think about shit before you spew it out? You seriously lack in common sense

This whole situation is crazy, it is crazy that the kid has been charged with murder and equally crazy that it is perfectly fine for someone to try and kill some kids because they broke into his house and took some shit. Sorry but your fucking wallet is not worth more than another persons life.

I do believe people have a right to defend themselves, but this guy had no real reason to believe he was in danger, he certainly didn't need to shoot some 17 year old's that weren't even aware of his presence. Why could he not say don't move with a gun trained on them and call the Police, instead of firing outright, that way if they advanced on him and attempted to attack him he still had the ability to shoot them before they could do anything, even in this situation lethal force would not likely be neccessary.

I don't think it is reasonable to assume just because people are in your home illegally that they are there to murder you or otherwise harm you, especially not when they are fucking kids, there are a hell of a lot more break ins than there are murders and that is because 99% of the time the person doing the breaking in has no intention of doing the occupants any harm, they just want to get some shit of value and get the fuck out.

To argue this kid caused the others death is ridiculous, the dead kid made his own decision to enter the home, he would be dead for having made that decision whether this kid participated or not, so how does it make any sense whatsoever to hold the kid who survived accountable for a decision the dead kid made?

Even ten years like some people are saying is ridiculous, for breaking into a house as a minor with no priors to steal some shit of value? Can most people here honestly say they never took anything that wasn't theirs in their teens? Yes, breaking into a home is a step up from that but the difference is not really that big if your only intention is to steal.

All locking kids up in jail does is create criminals, you limit their prospects of gainful employment and make them ineligible for student loans for what? How does that actually solve or deter crime? It creates desperate people who are struggling to survive that have been forced to spend years of their life surrounded by actual criminals, sounds like a recipe to create lifelong criminals to me...

Funny how Western Countries that don't let people kill home invaders willy nilly don't have people being murdered in their homes all over the place, I would be surprised if the US even had less break in's per capita than say Australia. I know for violent and general crime the US has considerably more than we do here. So if the right to murder people for breaking into your home isn't deterring anyone, and murders are actually more likely to take place in that country, how in the fuck do those crazy gun laws make you any safer?

Last edited:
Now, as amusing as this all is... shit, I have nothing to say. Nothing to say.

Poledriver - as always, thank you for injecting a bit of nice sane, rational logic someone can actually follow.

Birc - the word "research" is give it too much credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes you think 'the element of surprise' is even a realistic scenario?

What makes you think having a 'coded gunsafe' installed on every desk in the country is a good idea?
\e

1. There should always be another line of defense. School shootings are bad. duh

2. Element of surprise is a realistic scenario because in a school shooting, the shooter has a lot going on, many people, much chaos. And shooter is easy to find, because gunshots are loud. The teacher would have the tactical advantage.

3. I never said every desk in the country, just teachers who are willing to do it, have taken firearm safety courses, and have conceal carry permits as well as permission from the board of the school district. The biggest problem with school shootings is when they happen there is nobody there to put up a fight against the shooter. Armed teachers would change that.

Yeah well unfortunately Trying2Iso isnt a teacher, or old enough to own a gun, or smart enough to know when he is wrong, because he could probably save a bunch of lives and become a hero defending a school from a shooter using his mad echo location techniques and element of surprise....or more likely shoot a bunch of fleeing children and teachers and then blowing his own dick off after holstering from a successful quickdraw...

Yeah well unfortunately Trying2Iso isnt a teacher, or old enough to own a gun, or smart enough to know when he is wrong, because he could probably save a bunch of lives and become a hero defending a school from a shooter using his mad echo location techniques and element of surprise....or more likely shoot a bunch of fleeing children and teachers and then blowing his own dick off after holstering from a successful quickdraw...

Or you could form a real argument.

anyways...back in reality....

I think the fact a kid with no criminal record facing life in jail for being shot and witnessing his young friend dying as a result of an overzealous homeowner is pretty fucking sad. I dont really know who or how a law that allows for something like this is in anyones interest, certainly not the public, and definetely not the tax payer