• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Feels like UK society has nothing more to offer me these days and no interesting scenes feels so isolating

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
Back in the nineties and naughties I was also an outsider from the trendies (what is the name for our version of jocks?) but back then you could retreat to scenes with other likeminded people. The rave scene was my refuge and escape til I shunned it due to the drugs and such. Now with age I think it would not affect me, the other people taking drugs, but there is no rave scene as I knew it. What is left in clubs is just a burnt husk of what used to be. If I go to edm nights I just get frustrated that it is not underground enough and they play some shitty fidget house or some crap and think they are underground.

Free party scene is still alive and kicking I know but I can't set foot in those places because I really cannot stand people smoking around me. It is not a 'just grin and bear it' type thing. I can't stand it and just want to get away from wherever people are smoking. I even can't tolerate it when outdoors because it still wafts in your face constantly.

So with that route out the door too I feel there is nothing left now. Everyone seems so hollow and soulless just loving their takeaways and memes, constant memes about stupid pointless shit and netflix. Clublife is dead and heads down on phones.

It feels like no underground scenes exist now. Raving used to be a much needed escape for me (looking back in hindsight). There used to be the majority of vapid mindless people in everyday society as today but then I knew I had a sanctuary where I could meet likeminded people but now it feels like I am just stranded and everyone else happily and passively accepts the status quo of being a docile consumer.

I would say drugs seem like the only reliable way to get any kind of release or shift in perception now days. Not that I abuse anything, nor have I taken any harder drugs in a long time (kratom is my main tipple when it is not giving me tolerance problems :/), I am just saying regardless of the social milieu they will always cause X reaction in the body (ruling out tolerance and such).

Last edited:
Sounds like you're just getting old mate.

Dont worry, I feel your pain.

I now do more MDMA than I ever did in the 'golden age', but these days I just have to wait until the wife and kids are in bed then i fuckin party with myself.

And i still bloody love it... =D

ah, It's about getting old - something that you think is a long way off in your twenties. I felt like I would be young forever. 🤩

I still pine for my university days - everything was so young and fresh and new and I discovered booze and clubbing - I felt like I could take on the world!

unfortunately it's been a downward spiral for me since really - I've suffered from chronic depression/bipolar disorder, which I know in a way is linked to substance abuse. It got to the point where the only way I could get any work done is knowing that there was something to look forward to at the end of the day - ie. a drug. When that 'reward' is taken away I feel like I have no other motivation to do anything. It's a psychological addiction which I've never been able to break.

Things often seem bleak and miserable when you realise your best days are behind you, and when you add lonliness to that it's a recipe for depression. Sorry if I'm getting too negative here .... :sneaky:

as for the current clubbing scene, I've been out of it for years and I would probably feel pretty uncomfortable going to a club now and dancing the night away like I used to.

I tried to cling on to my youth for years but I've come to realise that you have to give the clubbing/party scene up in the same way that you gave up playing with toys when you were no longer a child - A couple of years ago I even sold off my original Star Wars toy collection which I'd kept for nostalgia reasons. But wallowing in nostalgia is not always healthy. You just have to look forward and try to make your future as bright as it can be

I couldn't live in the UK because very unlike the US there's no freedom of speech and no right to own firearms. Political correctness aka cultural marxism rules supreme and the vast majority see nothing wrong with it. Canada is the same way but there are a few resisters there allowed to remain outside of prison. Escapism by means of drugs leads you where? Aldous Huxley's Brave New World?

When everyone is homogenized it's entirely natural to be bleak and miserable. The future is here!

^ I agree that political correctness/ 'wokeness' has got way out of control and I've probably become more conservative as I've got older compared with my starry-eyed liberal student days 🤩

I'm a passionate believer in the first amendment and seriously concerned that Freedom of Speech here in Europe is being systematically eroded. The second amendment I'm more ambivalent on. I believe we should have a right to defend ourselves, but here in London crime is out of control (the murder rate has overtaken New York) and I only imagine it would be worse if guns were easily available....

Call the sickness that destroyed Europe by its real name, which is globalist communism seemingly on a sure the path to one world government in Jerusalem. Crime in London is out of control maybe because of unrestricted immigration of what I can term barbarians, but Brits would be risking at least jail and maybe prison. The London murder rate has exceeded the NYC murder rate and it's done mostly with knives. And you can't speak the truth, because it might offend someone. And police your police don't investigate criminals and look the other way out of fear of being accused of being "racist."

Look up the street crime rates in St. Louis, Missouri, or other large cities where anyone over 21 and not a convicted felon can purchase and then openly carry a firearm on the streets of a large city. Missouri has Open Carry, but other states have enacted laws or changed their state constitution to eliminate the rigamarole and licensing to carry a concealed weapon. St. Louis may be the biggest city in which any person at all can choose to walk around wearing a gun in plain view of anyone passing and if you're a criminal looking for a victim are you gonna take the chance of attacking a person who you can see is armed?

In other states we have what's called Constitutional Carry when a state resident can carry a concealed weapon with no CCW permit required, and in those places a person would be able to choose whether to carry openly or carry concealed depending on circumstances like maybe time of year because when it's very cold in winter it can be quite difficult to make sure the weapon is visible when there's bitter cold and you're bundled up in a heavy coat.

The numbers have always shown that crime rates go down, not up, when citizens exercise their god-given right to defend themselves by carrying weapons. Maybe a Brit couldn't understand this until they live in a place where it's legal and they own and use firearms. Otherwise maybe it'd be a bogeyman forever per the training received in your schools, churches, etc. It just seems to me both preposterous and sadly pathetic that the UK shooting team or anyone else not in the police or military who wants to become an expert shooter needs to do their target practice across the channel in another country.

Right now there are stirrings of resentment in the US over "the sickness" brewing which could lead to some type of civil war or insurrection and it's only because we have at least 300 million guns in private hands that we could even think of such a thing. You're stuck there living under cultural communism and a hybrid of Orwell's 1984 and Huxley's Brave New World. Draw attention to yourself and it's Room 101 for you.

Orwell's original title for the book that couldn't find a publisher until it was reworked and retitled in 1949 was originally titled Nineteen Forty-Eight. According to W.J. West in his 1992 book The Larger Evils, Orwell was not writing of a dystopian future but rather describing living in an already-operating surveillance state. The tolerance and acceptance of illegal drugs in the UK is like a shadow foreseen by Huxley with everyone using Soma, but thoughtcrime, now that's serious business and a person with a straight arm who raises it in the classic Roman Salute gets 6 months in prison, no ifs or buts. How could a thinking person be anything but miserable there?

Last edited:
In other states in the US it's called Constitutional Carry when a state resident can carry a concealed weapon with no CCW permit required.

AFAIK this is only the case in Vermont and my home state of Alaska

I'm 100% pro-2nd amendment, and in fact probably moreso than most Americans on this particular issue, as I support my state's CCW policy, which is very permissive compared to other states CCW policies. But I understand why British (or other European people) wouldn't want several hundred million firearms in their country, as we have here in the USA. It's not in the culture in the same way as it is here in the USA and that's fine, different nations can formulate their own policies on the issue.

The insinuation that once-mighty Europe has fallen due to swarthy barbarian hordes & PC/SJW propaganda (by the usual suspects, da jooz!) smells a bit of warmed-over fash propaganda

Call the sickness that destroyed Europe by its real name, which is globalist communism seemingly on a sure the path to one world government in Jerusalem. Crime in London is out of control maybe because of unrestricted immigration of what I can term barbarians, but Brits would be risking at least jail and maybe prison. The London murder rate has exceeded the NYC murder rate and it's done mostly with knives. And you can't speak the truth, because it might offend someone. And police your police don't investigate criminals and look the other way out of fear of being accused of being "racist."

Look up the street crime rates in St. Louis, Missouri, or other large cities where anyone over 21 and not a convicted felon can purchase and then openly carry a firearm on the streets of a large city. Missouri has Open Carry, but other states have enacted laws or changed their state constitution to eliminate the rigamarole and licensing to carry a concealed weapon. St. Louis may be the biggest city in which any person at all can choose to walk around wearing a gun in plain view of anyone passing and if you're a criminal looking for a victim are you gonna take the chance of attacking a person who you can see is armed?

In other states we have what's called Constitutional Carry when a state resident can carry a concealed weapon with no CCW permit required, and in those places a person would be able to choose whether to carry openly or carry concealed depending on circumstances like maybe time of year because when it's very cold in winter it can be quite difficult to make sure the weapon is visible when there's bitter cold and you're bundled up in a heavy coat.

The numbers have always shown that crime rates go down, not up, when citizens exercise their god-given right to defend themselves by carrying weapons. Maybe a Brit couldn't understand this until they live in a place where it's legal and they own and use firearms. Otherwise maybe it'd be a bogeyman forever per the training received in your schools, churches, etc. It just seems to me both preposterous and sadly pathetic that the UK shooting team or anyone else not in the police or military who wants to become an expert shooter needs to do their target practice across the channel in another country.

Right now there are stirrings of resentment in the US over "the sickness" brewing which could lead to some type of civil war or insurrection and it's only because we have at least 300 million guns in private hands that we could even think of such a thing. You're stuck there living under cultural communism and a hybrid of Orwell's 1984 and Huxley's Brave New World. Draw attention to yourself and it's Room 101 for you.

Orwell's original title for the book that couldn't find a publisher until it was reworked and retitled in 1949 was originally titled Nineteen Forty-Eight. According to W.J. West in his 1992 book The Larger Evils, Orwell was not writing of a dystopian future but rather describing living in an already-operating surveillance state. The tolerance and acceptance of illegal drugs in the UK is like a shadow foreseen by Huxley with everyone using Soma, but thoughtcrime, now that's serious business and a person with a straight arm who raises it in the classic Roman Salute gets 6 months in prison, no ifs or buts. How could a thinking person be anything but miserable there?

And this is why I have no desire whatsoever to visit America... :D

I don't buy the 'you're just getting old' at all as a way to explain everything away. That is just too simple and just like what a conformist would say so they don't have to admit there is anything wrong with society and you should just lump it and get back in line on your way to the grave.

It is like saying Orwells' 1984 was him just him having a midlife crisis or something.

I can appreciate there were interesting things going on in all different eras in the past that I was not involved in; I could go further back but post WW2 will suffice. Hippies, punks, northern soul, lots of others I can't recall and then to house and edm. And what today? 'drill music' and rap/trap/crap? that is the only real counter culture prevalent today and endemic knife crime and gang violence in the capital which spills out and influences most other cities.

You can appreciate an underground scene even if you are older but there just doesn't seem to be any, just self conscious posers.

Last edited:
^ yeah well music's been shit for years - listening to the charts today is a soul-destroying experience. That's why I only listen to older stuff.

Zillions of movies released, but all just rehashing/rebooting/remaking older movies or franchises

There's no real counter culture any more. Welcome to our postmodern paradise

@Tieeurrrop

While I agree with you that there doesn't seem to be any alternative culture these days, I wouldn't really know because I'm an aging shut in that is no longer down wiv da yoof. But I'm sure there are still factions of mods, rockers, skinheads, hippies, stoners, punks, bikers, ravers and goths out there if you know where to look.

Also, you said: "Free party scene is still alive and kicking I know but I can't set foot in those places because I really cannot stand people smoking around me."

So because you can't stand smoking you are actually excluding yourself from a scene that you are lamenting the demise of? Perhaps these scenes would still be thriving if it wasnt for conformist fuddy duddies like you whinging about a bit of smoke! What do you want, an alternative culture where nobody smokes? This is exactly why the real issue is that 'you're just getting old'... :D

Last edited:
People smoking in clubs and bars never really bothered me - it was part of the scene, even though I didn't smoke myself.

It wasn't that long ago you could smoke in resturants, buses, even doctor's waiting rooms.... seems bizarre now. The anti-smoking league have managed to turn cigarettes from a thing that glamorous movie stars did to an activity considered almost as taboo as taking heroin

and Hippies are called 'Hipsters' now I believe

Nah, they're just wankers with neckbeards and topknots that are just as conformist as the rest of the cunts... =D

But even hippies were just the 'trendies' of that age...

I used to think today's 'hippies' were just pansy posers compared to the 'real' hippies of the late 60s. But I guess the Woodstock generation were in some ways just as naive about life as today's young lefties.

Still, they made some damn good music.... to wit:

I used to think today's 'hippies' were just pansy posers compared to the 'real' hippies of the late 60s. But I guess the Woodstock generation were in some ways just as naive about life as today's young lefties.

Still, they made some damn good music.... to wit:

I remember that thread mate, you've got a seriously good taste in music... (y)

Ok, so for the first time live, my post SOP with regards to the last 6 months or so is once again in effect - I spend 20 - 30 mins composing what I believe is a relevant wodj of prose which despite the amount of stream of consciousness derived content has a genuine and predetermined conclusion or point. I am also aware of the ludicrous lengths of what I write which has always been an issue - I know that I use 100 words to communicate what most folk can do in a sentence and having apologised for this for years I do not feel that I need to any more. One issue I feel is relevant is my complete lack of contact with other people - having been an extremely gregarious person my entire life, my ability to go, literally, for weeks without having a substantial conversation with ANYONE, whether in person or by phone seems to have rubbed off on my BL activity as each post becomes an attempt for me to say all of the things I want to say, resulting in posts so impractical and batshit crazy that I do not want to re - read them, let alone inflict them on other members.

So another post bites the dust, and I cant even describe why I deleted it without composing an essay.

Last edited:
It's international cliques that opened up Europe's borders to the 3rd world.
But diehards like my self know that these people whom come who are Pan Turkic are ever the less good people. But the Christian Arabs who come and open up business in EU act very similar to Jews , they act as if everyone should be kissing their ass just because they own a small business. And they sporadically raise the prices on every item.

Wot choo talkin' 'bout Willis..?

Ok, so for the first time live, my post SOP with regards to the last 6 months or so is once again in effect - I spend 20 - 30 mins composing what I believe is a relevant wodj of prose which despite the amount of stream of consciousness derived content has a genuine and predetermined conclusion or point. I am also aware of the ludicrous lengths of what I write which has always been an issue - I know that I use 100 words to communicate what most folk can do in a sentence and having apologised for this for years I do not feel that I need to any more. One issue I feel is relevant is my complete lack of contact with other people - having been an extremely gregarious person my entire life, my ability to go, literally, for weeks without having a substantial conversation with ANYONE, whether in person or by phone seems to have rubbed off on my BL activity as each post becomes an attempt for me to say all of the things I want to say, resulting in posts so impractical and batshit crazy that I do not want to re - read them, let alone inflict them on other members.

So another post bites the dust, and I cant even describe why I deleted it without composing an essay.

There was nothing wrong with your post - I was going to reply to it - it was about the rave scene and how things have changed, wasn't it?

EDM/Trance is about the only kind of music I like post-1980s. Sure, I have a soft spot for some of the 90s rock acts like Oasis, but the last 20 years of music have more-or-less passed me by. I don't think I've missed much.

I don't have much contact with other people either and feel pretty isolated, but I've been trying to change that by forcing myself to go out and attend classes/clubs. Otherwise you just rot away at home and you feel like life is passing you by