Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Misc feels bad

anonymouse77

Bluelighter
I just wanna die but can't do it myself. I wish there was a service I could get help from. You hear about stories where people meet up to be eaten so I don't think this is that strange in the scheme of weird things.

have u tried many antidepressants?

im a few weeks in on a snri, its a pretty big weight off me right now being a bit numbed out.
Thank you for your reply. I have in the past and they might work for a bit but eventually stop working or the side effects get too much but I would try again. Can I ask what one you take? I am glad they are working for you.

I strongly suggest you call lifeline or speak to a mental health professional. You've been struggling with this for years, it's time to address it fully.
Thank you for your reply and good suggestion. I appreciate it but I will just say that sometimes therapy doesn't work. I have been dealing with it for years and I've tried therapy.

Thank you for your reply. I have in the past and they might work for a bit but eventually stop working or the side effects get too much but I would try again. Can I ask what one you take? I am glad they are working for you.
effexor (venlafaxine), it seems to work for a lot of people, the first week was the most difficult for side effects, but i found propranolol (a beta blocker) at 40mg to ease a lot of the anxiety onboarding effects.

it acts on serotonin like a ssri for dosages up to 150mg then 150mg+ it work on norepinephrine, so if u got up to 150mg then stayed at that dosage for 6-8 weeks i think u would get a sense if it would work well

and it needs a good gradual tapering protocol to discontinue it

worth researching tho imo

effexor (venlafaxine), it seems to work for a lot of people, the first week was the most difficult for side effects, but i found propranolol (a beta blocker) at 40mg to ease a lot of the anxiety onboarding effects.

it acts on serotonin like a ssri for dosages up to 150mg then 150mg+ it work on norepinephrine, so if u got up to 150mg then stayed at that dosage for 6-8 weeks i think u would get a sense if it would work well

Thank you. I will ask my doctor for it next time I go. I have heard good things about beta blockers for anxiety also. Anything is worth another try at this point.

have u tried many antidepressants?

im a few weeks in on a snri, its a pretty big weight off me right now being a bit numbed out.

I feel like this is quality advice.

OP I can say that a few friends lately and me many moons ago were in very dark places.

All three went to psychiatrists and tried anti-depressants and lived through it.

For me it was a combination of aropax and valium. Got me out of a huge whole.

More recently a colleague with Zoloft.

Thank you for your reply and good suggestion. I appreciate it but I will just say that sometimes therapy doesn't work. I have been dealing with it for years and I've tried therapy.
I actually heavily dislike therapy too. Lifeline will be able to point you in the right direction if you explain your concerns and preferences clearly.

If you've tried every class of anti-depressant and none of it is working, seriously consider ECT.

It gets a bad rap but it can be an absolute game-changer for treatment-resistant depression.

If you've tried every class of anti-depressant and none of it is working, seriously consider ECT.

It gets a bad rap but it can be an absolute game-changer for treatment-resistant depression.
I personally wouldn't have ECT done and that is my choice and preference. I might try the magnetic therapy (TCM?) and have made initial enquiries about that.

I personally wouldn't have ECT done and that is my choice and preference. I might try the magnetic therapy (TCM?) and have made initial enquiries about that.
Basically what was bad about ECT in the past was that often machines were used like a one-size-fits-all, ie not individually calibrated for the patient. Which YES led to brain damage for some people.
But when it's properly done, you can have scenarios where someone after years of intractable suicidal depression has one single session and feels better immediately, and for extended periods of time (as in months); or even permanently. Often it might take two or three sessions ; but the result is still remarkable.

The mother of a good friend of mine underwent this treatment after trying absolutely everything else to no avail, and got her life back. I myself suffer with persistent major depression and would consider trying this in the future if my state does not improve.

I seccond this. Desvenlafaxine is good as well. Hang in there dude. i've heard mixed stories about TCM. I've seen good results with ECT, but I think it's reserved for the worst of long-lasting depression. Hope you get yourself out of the funk. It's an uphill battle.

I seccond this. Desvenlafaxine is good as well. Hang in there dude. i've heard mixed stories about TCM. I've seen good results with ECT, but I think it's reserved for the worst of long-lasting depression. Hope you get yourself out of the funk. It's an uphill battle.
Thank you. When you say mixed stories do you mean bad outcomes with negative effects or just it didn't work? I heard once that it's a bit like ECT (shock treatment) which put me off for ages then some celeb woman I follow (Ruby Wax) made a post which credited it for saving her life which made me reconsider it.

Thank you. When you say mixed stories do you mean bad outcomes with negative effects or just it didn't work? I heard once that it's a bit like ECT (shock treatment) which put me off for ages then some celeb woman I follow (Ruby Wax) made a post which credited it for saving her life which made me reconsider it.
More than it just didn't work.

Thank you. I will ask my doctor for it next time I go. I have heard good things about beta blockers for anxiety also. Anything is worth another try at this point.
If you have treatment refractory depression from my admittedly, mainly in passing evaluations of alternative treatments for depression, I would go with targeted ketamine therapy.

The results are astounding, durable, and extremely fast acting.

If you have treatment refractory depression from my admittedly, mainly in passing evaluations of alternative treatments for depression, I would go with targeted ketamine therapy.

The results are astounding, durable, and extremely fast acting.
Thank you for your reply. The only time I felt happy was on ketamine but I believe it's hard to find in Australia as therapy. I would love to try it again though.

Thank you for your reply. The only time I felt happy was on ketamine but I believe it's hard to find in Australia as therapy. I would love to try it again though.
Actually It is frequently prescribed in Australia for treatment resistant depression, and currently psychiatrists are pushing for Australian Medicare to cover it. It's a bit pricey at $800, but if it's life or death I'm sure you can find the money.

Actually It is frequently prescribed in Australia for treatment resistant depression, and currently psychiatrists are pushing for Australian Medicare to cover it. It's a bit pricey at $800, but if it's life or death I'm sure you can find the money.

Thank you for letting me know. I woke up in the middle of the night very depressed and saw this reply and it helped to know there are some treatments out there. Do you think I should say if they ask (if I get the chance that is) that I've tried ketamine recreationally before and it helped or would that make me sound bad?