View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Feelings of depersonalization after bad lsd-trip

Jaja789

Greenlighter
Hello, had a lsd trip a month ago, that went bad for the whole 10 hours, took lsd in bad set+setting.. My fault. After that trip, as i looked at other people i felt and still feel that the concept of a personality is something foreign and strange.. That feeling is pretty hurtful and my guess is/was that those are feelings of depersonalization, am i right to assume thsy? I have the sensation as this bad trip cracked up my personality and i start to worry if i will ever be the same again. What are your toughts and has someone else experienced this situation?

bad trips tend to do this, you are not "damaged" - this is a crucial thing to get inside your head, as long as you believe that you are damaged you will convince yourself that you in fact are so. i have had bad trips leaving me with depersonalization, feeling not myself and panic attacks, it does go away i swear

do you remember why exactly did the trip go bad? going over it could help you.

Thanks for the reply.. Yes i was in a bad set, but did it nevertheless, very bad idea. Was a small dose but it went really wrong, will try to work on those bad memories of the trip. Cheers

After becoming very comfortable with LSD i dosed at the worst place and worst time. Very bad experience with effects lasting for a few weeks. My mind fragmented and split up. The room closed in on me. This was the next day but i was still tripping a little bit. Emotional trauma on top of LSD use did not go well. I have much more respect nowadays. And will still down a tenstrip if the opportunity presents

Naloxone (Narcan) has been shown to be beneficial for this...did quite a bit of research when my friend had some bouts with it.
If you are in the USA, I THINK that Naloxone is available OTC from a pharmacist...can't hurt to try, unless, of course, you are an opioid addict.
DP/DR is some wicked shit.

try Googleing "narcan indicated for DP/DR".

Last edited: