• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Feeling strange 4 days after taking MDMA

elmatador

Greenlighter
Hi, I am a first time poster on here so please forgive me if I get this wrong at all!

On Thursday night, I took MDMA properly for the first time, in the form of a bomb (.2mg I think?). I had done it previously once before but that was only a few dabs on a night out, and ended up being nothing compared to how I felt on Thursday.

I am probably the furthest thing from a drug user you could imagine, I have had a few spliffs here and there over my time but no hard drugs whatsoever.

I had been drinking all day as I had just finished my exams, and was planning on going to a club with a certain group of friends and just getting real drunk. However, I did not make it into said club due to the queue being too long, so I rang up another group of friends of mine who I knew were going somewhere else. Once I met up with them (I trust these guys more than anyone in the world so did not really think twice, despite my doubts). I took the bomb and had a great night. I felt a bit dodgy when coming up - sweats, a bit nauseous but was assured I would get through it, and so be it I did. Once I was up I drank plenty of water, and had a couple more drinks - but I was sensible and did not go over the top in terms of consuming any more alcohol than I already had.

Come Friday, I felt fine, well, as you would expect to feel after a day and night of intoxication - hungover more than anything, as well as very tired. I also felt a bit down as the day went, especially as I was saying goodbye to some good friends for over a year, however I had heard this was expected and didn't think anything of it. I got a good night's sleep.

Saturday I once again felt OK, and in the evening started to drink again as I had another night out planned and ended up getting pretty drunk. We had some MDMA left over from Thursday night and I took a small dab, however I did not feel anything at all from this - it was a tiny amount. As we got home from the night, my stomach started to feel real bad, and forgive me for posting this, I had the shits like no other all night. I did a bit of research and found that increased seratonin levels can lead to diharrea so I guess 2+2=4!

Sunday I was fine, just a bit tired and stomach still aching. By the time I had gotten to bed, I was absolutely shattered, I attributed this to a prolonged stretch of drinking and staying up late.

Monday was when I started to get quite worried about things...

On Monday morning, I woke up really early, at 7, and could not get back to sleep which I noted was strange for me. Once I had gotten out of bed and started my day, I gradually began feeling somewhat "spaced out" for want of a better phrase. It was almost as if life was revolving around me and I was viewing it from behind my eyes, rather than actively playing a part in it - this was most noticeable when I was driving. I messaged my friends but none of them had similar feelings, yet had a look on here and other forums and saw that it was a relatively common problem. I read some solutions and ended up taking some vitamin C (Berocca sort of thing), made myself a huge smoothie. cooked a big meal and went for a long walk. By the late afternoon/evening I was feeling normal again and somewhat relieved.

I got another good night's sleep and woke up today at my ususal time, feeling like my normal self. However, by about 12 o'clock I gradually began to feel like I did for the majority of yesterday - "spaced out", anxious and a bit worried, for example I had a dentist appointment and was paranoid that he would be able to tell I had taken drugs last week. I then went into town to run some errands and felt once again like the world was passing by me without me necessarily being there, and when conversing with shop assistants etc. I struggled to get full sentences out and felt as though they thought I was an absolute freak!

I am also feeling less alert, somewhat forgetful, and being a bit clumsy here and there. However I do not feel depressed, just worried and anxious that what I am feeling will take a while to go way. if indeed it does go away at all.

As someone who has never taken drugs before, I'm sure you can imagine my worries. As I am typing this I am starting to feel slightly more 'normal', however my fingers are really aching after doing so?

I hope you can help me ease my concerns and offer any advice as to how, and when I will be able to feel like my normal self again.

As before, sorry if this post is too long, not done correctly etc.!

However I do not feel depressed, just worried and anxious that what I am feeling will take a while to go way. if indeed it does go away at all.!

This is a big problem, because you are suffering by anticipation with no logical reason to do so. It is understandable, but try to see the big picture and realize that it has been a very short amount of time since the experience. Give it time, take care of your body and mind, get plenty of exercise and focus on keeping on top of your game, that's all you need to do. Abstain from fruther drug use as much as possible. You know the drill.

I would say you need to wait a full 2-3 weeks before starting to draw conclusions or worry that this might last for a long time. For all I know a week from now you might feel entirely normal and not even believe you were so worried. Who knows? But don't be hasty to draw conclusions.

I wish you all the best.

cheers