• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Feeling soul being sucked out while dreaming

Hey, I know I'm replying a year later, but I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm having the same issue where almost every night I randomly will feel like something is sucking the soul out of me, and I have to fight it off and I wake up feeling so drained. I try to scream and move but I can't. I do sleep right across from a large mirror, but covering it only seems to help sometimes and my roomate thinks im crazy when i do. I live in a 3 story mansion that is haunted, but it's the ghost of a litle girl and I dont think she's doing this. I'm nauseous all the time too along with being drained. I'm in recovery and I've gotten really into spiritual research and have completely turned my life around. Back when I was in my addiction I had some type of baby demon attached to me, but I moved out of that apartment and got clean and I thought I got rid of it. I have had a handful of AP experiences, but I can't control them and they're not often. I only seem to have OBEs or APs when I'm battling some type of negative entity or receiving messages from loved ones who have passed over. I practice benevolent-only witchcraft, so I use sage, holy water, black destroyer oil, sweetgrass, evil eye and archangel michael talismans, and have various crystals. I'm at a loss for what else to do to stop these psychic attacks. Pls help! =(

Hey, I know I'm replying a year later, but I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm having the same issue where almost every night I randomly will feel like something is sucking the soul out of me, and I have to fight it off and I wake up feeling so drained. I try to scream and move but I can't. I do sleep right across from a large mirror, but covering it only seems to help sometimes and my roomate thinks im crazy when i do. I live in a 3 story mansion that is haunted, but it's the ghost of a litle girl and I dont think she's doing this. I'm nauseous all the time too along with being drained. I'm in recovery and I've gotten really into spiritual research and have completely turned my life around. Back when I was in my addiction I had some type of baby demon attached to me, but I moved out of that apartment and got clean and I thought I got rid of it. I have had a handful of AP experiences, but I can't control them and they're not often. I only seem to have OBEs or APs when I'm battling some type of negative entity or receiving messages from loved ones who have passed over. I practice benevolent-only witchcraft, so I use sage, holy water, black destroyer oil, sweetgrass, evil eye and archangel michael talismans, and have various crystals. I'm at a loss for what else to do to stop these psychic attacks. Pls help! =(
Update: i covered my mirror last night, read renouncing prayers from Isaiah salvadier on youtube for all negative energy, generational curses, toxic soul ties, incubus attacks, evil entities, etc. before bed, used holy water on the doors and windows, and did a positive mantra meditation to raise my vibration as i was falling asleep. I didn't have any nightmares and woke up feeling much happier.

@annalaura8 since you say you can't scream or move when this happens it could be sleep paralysis. I'm not religious, but often see demonic imagery when it happens to me. It can be terrifying.

Some things you can do to lower the chances of occuring are:
- fall asleep on your side, not your back
- don't have any bright lights on, or use a sleep mask
- no noises, or wear ear plugs

@annalaura8 since you say you can't scream or move when this happens it could be sleep paralysis. I'm not religious, but often see demonic imagery when it happens to me. It can be terrifying.

Some things you can do to lower the chances of occuring are:
- fall asleep on your side, not your back
- don't have any bright lights on, or use a sleep mask
- no noises, or wear ear plugs
A user above said it's not sleep paralysis if you wake up every time feling drained after. Also it was happening every night until i did those protections and cord cutting rituals. I'm not saying you're wrong I've had sleep paralysis before too, but this was different. The last time it happened i was laying on my side and was flipped over onto my back. It was really weird and super scary, but they feed off of fear.

This happened to me this week. The other time was in 2020 in my old apartment. In my dream I saw it in the mirror. Then jt sucks my soul. The feeling was exactly the same as the first time. This time I fought it off. I did my own sort of rebuking and felt myself ‘win’. I read that you can’t have mirrors across from each other. I am going to move it. Any other tips would be appreciated.

I hate it when you're in that kind of floaty not feeling bad but not necessarily feeling good because you're kind of coming down off of something. And anyway, I lucid dream during those times because it's when I get stuck in a dream inside of a dream.

If anybody ever experiences it, it's horrifying at first until you get used to it and then it's annoying because I literally have trained myself to jerk and shake myself awake instead of trying to think myself out of the dream inside a dream.

It's not sleep paralysis. It's just that you realize you're dreaming but then your brain tricks you and puts you right in another dream, so it seems like you were dreaming inside a dream. Like I said really fucking annoying.

Anyhow that happened not last night but the night before.

The trick with demonic imagery, I find, is to think of it in the same way as a dog turd. It's better to react with a sense of disgust than of terror, because disgust puts the onus back on the imagery for being at fault and not you.

In regards to 'soul sucking', I'm convinced that there are entities that project (or encourage) sexual dream imagery in order to feed off the increased energetic activity in the body/mind. Numerous times I have become lucid during these moments and 'cut off' the dream imagery.. and in the couple of seconds before my awareness centres back in the body, where I'm in this in-between state, I can sense these tendrils, like a sea anemone, writhing about 'in' my sphere of mind. And very often I've grabbed on to these things like grasping a bunch of straws, and I can literally feel the shock this entity is feeling at being confronted.. like if you stepped on an animal or something, that physical survival reflex.

I never felt these things were evil though, that they only had the intelligence of sea anemones and were just drifting about looking for a free meal or something.

The biggest hurdle really is the religious connotation, the 'demonic'. We give these things more power than they have or deserve, perhaps.