• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Feeling so frustrated!!!!

Just my advice, take it or leave it - I would try to alternate promethazine and lofexidine and see how that goes. I think that will be the most sustainable solution for your sleep. There should be some rebound insomnia if you were on promethazine for a couple weeks but there most definitely will be a rebound symptoms (an adrenaline surge basically) if you take lofexidine for a couple weeks and stop suddenly (just thought I'd warn you that lofexidine has addiction potential if you take it for more than a week straight, but you'll be fine if you take it every other day). Though I suspect the lofexidine will be much more useful when it comes time to taper, so you might want to save up your tolerance to lofexidine for then, and use sparingly for now.

Things are going pretty good for me, all my addiction issues are far in the past so I just like trying to help other people now :) Tell me about your son, are you still taking care of him all by yourself through all of this or do you have any help?

Hi, thanks for advice, yeah I'll try and leave the lofexidine until I need it, it did make my mood slightly better when I took it so can see why it might be addictive, I'll leave it be until my taper. The promethazine works well but I need 75mg to get any sleep, so that's three 25mg tablets. You get 56 in a box though so they will last a while.

Yeah im pretty much taking care of him myself, dad helps but he works long hours, we've had a falling out this week as he thinks I've still be taking opiates, his reason to believe this is because I was happy on my first week of detox an then I've slowly gone downhill again, I've tried to explain its because I'm stable now so basically sober, and that my cravings are bad, he has no reason not to trust me apart from this, and he doesn't really understand addiction so I'm taking him to rehab with me on Wednesday so he can see all my negative drug tests. It's really frustrating when someone knocks you down like that, especially when ur doing ur best. I suppose that's why I've been a bit upset this week, feel like I'm doing it all for nothing sometimes. Very frustrating and makes me so upset.

So so glad your addiction days are over, I too hope to be in your situation very soon.

That's horrible I'm sorry he's not supporting you more, addicts face lots of stigma unfortunately even as they try to get sober. I think it'll be great if he can see proof that you've been clean. He also needs to understand that withdrawal can be hell. Stay strong, toodles!

Yeah I think after me explaining why I'm feeling shitty then he believes me a bit more, but upset that he doubted me in the first place especially after me doing so well. I've told him that I'll only change when he treats me how he would like me to act, if he can't provide me with love and support then how does he expect me to change for the better.

Anyway, happy Monday, I hope u have a great week :)

Hi Op, how are you doing? Was wondering how your cravings are and if you went up on sub? I know it is hard, but you are doing good from what I've read.bono

Hi Op, how are you doing? Was wondering how your cravings are and if you went up on sub? I know it is hard, but you are doing good from what I've read.bono

Hey bono,

im still craving loads but sticking at it, I haven't yet increased my sub dosage so I'm still getting by on 10mg, some days better than others and I'm just trying to keep busy! I see my key worker Wednesday so will discuss my options with her, it's been 7 weeks now without painkillers and I was hoping things would of calmed down a little by now, the cravings don't have a sequence either, they are really spontaneous and are happening anywhere, it's hard but I'm getting there slowly. Thanks for asking, much appreciated :)

Hey :) just got home from seeing my key worker, no I've not increased my dosage I've stayed on 10mg and cravings are getting better. Thanks for asking :)