• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Feeling Sick in the Morning? It may be Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've experienced this in the past, and did often attribute it to cannabis. More often then not though i wouldn't be suprised.

I would smoke 4-5 cigarettes, 4-5 bowls, and drink a beer within an hour or two before sleeping, and often binge eat food. in this sense it wouldn't suprise me waking up to a nauseous stomach.

how many people drink alcohol and smoke? low blood sugar may be the problem in the morning, the weed just masks the nausea for a little bit until you really need to eat.

Whenever something like this comes to light I don't know what to think. I've smoked nearly daily for a decade and never felt anything like this. And none of my friends (heavier smokers than me) have ever mentioned anything like this.

I kind of wonder if this is legit or if it's just a susceptible mind running wild. Because while I've never had anything like CHS, I've definitely definitely had my mind run wild during periods of heavy cannabis use.

The way I see it, youre either physically addicted or you aren't. That's like saying I'm not pregnant enough to have a kid, but im still pregnant.

Except, you can be pregnant, but not have a kid from it. Ever heard of an ectopic pregnancy?

Sadly the world is not as black and white as you may think it is.

fuck man, i use to wake up everyday in high school and puke my guts out until i took a hit. i would tell people and they wouldnt even believe me.. theyd be like "from weed? no way." my parents even thought i was addicted to oxycontin because i would wake up so sick (i would later become addicted to oc's and heroin, but at this point i was only smoking weed.) so yea this is definitely a real thing!

Last edited:
Ok bad example. The point I was trying to make is that cannabis is in no way physically addictive.

Ok bad example. The point I was trying to make is that cannabis is in no way physically addictive.

Except you didn't even nearly approach that point. More trite babble from the mushy brain of a stoner.

The fact that a sweeping extent of this forum's contributors understand the world in these nonsense half-sentence adages reveals far more of the perils of weed than any direct reports of icky-tummy syndrome.

Although it's not the main source of worry amongst users, cannabis is physically addictive. Chronic exogenous supplementation of endogenous-like neurotransmitters will downregulate receptors/gene expression etc., Neuroscience 101.

There are millions of case studies on the net of physical withdrawals from weed, & I can name you a handful of my own friends who looked far more fucked up after a few days off than I have ever seen them whilst on the chron.

oh no not this again...

just quit if you seriously smoke so much you get nausea. turn it down a level.

Sage advice Master Chain, yet your pearls of wisdom don't preclude any investigation into the physical side-effects of weed.

I haven't seen you inject any positive contribution around here at all. seriously, who the f**k made you mod? & can I please have some of what they're smoking?

This whole syndrome sounds like BS to me. I wake up feeling nauseous in the morning, but i attribute that to poor diet, lack of heavy sleep, and moderate binges with alcohol. I'm willing to bet anyone with "CHS" is either extremely mentally dependent on weed or, like i said, poor diet, sleep, or drinking problems. Cannabis should not cause problems.

you sound like BS

I have been smoking abusively for 10 years. None of this has ever happened to me. I only vomited once or twice from eating too much in a munchy frenzy in the old dayz.

But that gives me not the right to dismiss what other people experience.

I am lucky to have a superfast metabolism. I could binge eat after a serious pot session and then fall to bed and sleep with no problems during or after sleep.

This seems like a very real thing, for abusive users with weak stomachs.metabolism and/or bad diet . Psychological reason probably do their part I reckon...

YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

one time I smoked a lot one night ..I mean ALOT of nasty beasters out of a massive glass bong. My friend just kept packing it I we just kept smoking it for hours . I remember not wanting to smoke any more cuz I was so high but I just kept taking rips..Well I woke up the next day and felt like shit of course and threw up all morning !!! hhaa that was a couple years ago and I had been smoking heavily every day for about 3 yrs then..never got sick again tho....before I started smoking weed I would wake up and be very sick and sometimes throw up. I usually could not eat in the morning either before I started smoking...

hey mutnat, how about instead of sounding like an uneducated nark, maybe suck it up, smoke another joint, and, oh yeah-change your username cause its fuckin [No - Chainer]. no one goes into withdrawls from not smoking weed.. you sound like a paranoid soccer mom, dumbass

Last edited by a moderator:
hardcheepba>

of course you are a druggie. wtf r u doing in BL anywayz?

Unless you are here doing a case study on druggiez, but I bet the rest of my pot stash you have no brainz to do a case study. Therefore you make stupid comments in a serious thread.

fucker

Status
Not open for further replies.