• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Feeling really dissociated when smoking weed

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
Everytime I smoke weed it feels like my body is dissapearing and I'm dissociating slightly. I often get very paranoid, and I freak out a lot.

Is this normal? I started smoking weed a little while ago.

I smoke like 5 nugs to feel any effects, and whatever effects I feel are actually just really intense, it's uncomfortable

I just smoked this
P.S.

Last edited:
Everytime I smoke weed it feels like my body is dissapearing and I'm dissociating slightly. I often get very paranoid, and I freak out a lot.

Is this normal? I started smoking weed a little while ago.

I smoke like 5 nugs to feel any effects, and whatever effects I feel are actually just really intense, it's uncomfortable

I just smoked this
P.S.

Maybe try smoking a little less or try a different strain

Yes it is normal, it will get better once you get tolerance. The ideal is to smoke less untill you have aquired. Or simply don't smoke at all, some people just get paranoid and can't really enjoy the effects of weed. Small amounts of benzodiazepines or gabapentin/pregabalin may alter the experience to suit your preference more. It dulls the mental effects and also the paranoia. Beware of addiction potential.

Smoke less or smoke regularly, with regular use the crappy effects of the weed go away and it becomes nicer. I'm not sure how big your nugs are, but 5 nugs sounds like it might be a lot for someone new to smoking! Do you smoke that amount all in one go or do you smoke bit after bit? Also, keep in mind that good weed takes about 20-30 minutes to reach maximal effect. It might be better to smoke one of those nugs and wait at least half an hour before smoking another. Gradually getting more high will feel less intense and produce more pleasant effects in my experience ;).

4365.jpg

5 nugs? If your smoking 5 average sized nuggets of medical grade weed, then that's your problem right there. How much do said nugs weigh on average?

4365.jpg

5 nugs? If your smoking 5 average sized nuggets of medical grade weed, then that's your problem right there. How much do said nugs weigh on average?

I think I went through a gram overall. I had an eigth in little pieces, and I just smoked until I had any effects

I think I went through a gram overall. I had an eigth in little pieces, and I just smoked until I had any effects

well yeah man. I don't even smoke a gram at once. Smoke like 1/10 of a gram if you have a low tolerance.

Sounds impure. Grow your own or get another Strain, something mild and without crap in it.

Sounds impure. Grow your own or get another Strain, something mild and without crap in it.

Impure? It was grown very well and it very fluffy and sticky. I'm thinking it was too potent if anything.

Well if you feel uncomfortable, and you seem to, don't smoke.

you're just getting very high. weed does this to everyone when they begin smoking i guess

Impure? It was grown very well and it very fluffy and sticky. I'm thinking it was too potent if anything.

Fluffy, Sticky, grown well with potent nutrients; could be too much for you and suggest outdoor, natural nutes, nothing fancy and if still, take break....

well, lower your dose, but don't smoke more frequently, in my opinion this is bad advice...

if these feelings still occur, quit smoking. I started to get similar feelings while high (but only after smoking for some years). it worried me, but I didn't stop smoking. after some while, I got into a pretty bad episode of derealisation which lasted almost 2 months and reoccured some half year later. I'm not telling you this to freak you out, but you should watch out. Cannabis may be relatively begnin, but it isn't a harmless miracle drug like some people may believe.

What's probably happening is that you have some strong stuff thats a creeper. But you don't realize that so you smoke too much thinking you need it to feel anything, and then when it hits you all at once you get really uncomfortable. You shouldn't be smoking one gram, try way less than that and wait for the effects to come. Like 0.4 at the most. When you get more used to it you'll be able to feel the effects from smaller doses.

I've been smoking more since I posted this, and I finally can enjoy the effects. The third time after this, the bad effects were pretty much non-existant! I think I was just smoking too much. I didn't realize that a little nug the size of my fingernail would get me to where I want. I smoked about a quarter sized amount when I started lol.

yeah i'd say that if you don't enjoy it, then try a much smaller dose. like maybe just enough to catch a buzz.. or don't smoke at all..