Feeling quite high the day after smoking

Mentalreview

Greenlighter
For some context:
I’m 17
A guy
175cm or so
Like 60kg

I’m not a heavy smoker at all, ive smoked a total of ~10 times. Mostly in the last 3 months, but yesterday i smoked when my teacher didnt show up for class at school (around 12:30), my friend got some Super Lemon Haze and i wanted to try it after not having smoked for like a week. So i tried it. Not a lot. Like maybe 1/4s of the joint. And i got pretty high which i wasnt used to, i went home and it went pretty smoothly, and i got down from the high competely somewhere around 4-5pm, and i hadnt felt it since. Today i woke up and i was fine, no high feeling at all, and i went to class, i had a test so i took a 10mg pill of Rytalin (i have ADHD) to focus on the test, we did boxing in gym class, really active stuff, and i was fine again, i got home, showered, had dinner and went straight to work (i work in a supermarket chain where we have evening shifts) i was full of energy when i got there and in quite a happy mood, but about halfway through the evening i realized i was kinda feeling off, and sure enough near the end i felt quite high, knowing my supervisor is very strict about that stuff (for good reason) i got quite paranoid and it wasnt very fun. He didnt catch on and im home now, it was scary though

I guess what im asking is can i feel a joints effect a full day and a half after ive smoked it?
Maybe the rytalin had some effect, and ive read that exercising can make you burn calories, but also that you can burn thc and become a bit high again, though i never experienced it during boxing, only at work.

If you read the full thing, thank you
Quite new to drugs so kinda sketched me out and thought id ask

Well, you stated that you weren't quite used to the strength of the high you felt. When I first stated smoking, I would get aftershocks (in an earthquake sense) where I would temporarily feel high. It always went away quickly, left me spooked and probably led to an on/off relationship with weed for most of my life. Perhaps try some CBD only weed and see how that goes.

Tom

I have never seen this happening in almost 20 years smoking weed. Weed would not last that longer. That was a kind of a somatization

i have been dabbling in doing dabs alot now and they seem to have an extremely high potency and i have tried a blend that was stronger than any coke rocks i have ever tried. so its very very potent and extremely effective.

but smoking flower for me seems no stronger than a cup of tea with caffeine. thats as strong as it gets but it expands minds and helps awareness alot of the time and it will always wear off. however being that it does stay in the metabolism for 30 days or so helps me understand why it helps me significantly with my anxiety.

one of my favorite medicines by a long run.
i always will want it in my life, or to use for a
terminal illness.

Well, you stated that you weren't quite used to the strength of the high you felt. When I first stated smoking, I would get aftershocks (in an earthquake sense) where I would temporarily feel high. It always went away quickly, left me spooked and probably led to an on/off relationship with weed for most of my life. Perhaps try some CBD only weed and see how that goes.

Tom
Yeah it kinda spooked me as i’d rather not be high around work or class, ill look into it, thanks man

When I first started smoking I would sort of feel high the next morning if I smoked the previous night. Never a full day though.

Pretty crazy story sounds like you got some good bud. But seriously the only thing I can think of is the thc stored in your fat cells might have been released by physical activity into your bloodstream but that’s pure speculation.

Somehow things like these happen when you don't expect/don't want them to happen. Kinda wish it would be the other way around

Serotonin/dopamine crash, rebound. You work under fluorescent lights? Have you or your family ever been diagnosed as Bipolar?
At 17 I would stay away from weed.

half life of psychoactive thc is like between 1-15 days.

"it should be noted that the residual ▵9-THC levels are maintained in the body for a long time following abuse. The half- life of it for an infrequent user is 1.3 days and for frequent users 5-13 days (64)."

For me when I don't smoke as much but still every day, I will start to feel high if I go for a morning run even if I haven't smoked, almost like getting the blood pumping moves some of the D9 through my brain. It's not like I just smoked a joint, but maybe took a few rips. Could also be a bit of runners high/endorphins and dopamine.

I have a habit of stocking up, smoking a lot for a few weeks, then trying to stretch roaches and shake out for another week or two. I've noticed that after a week or two of heavy smoking, I get a sort of reverse tolerance where I don't need to smoke all that much to get ripped- and this might explain what's been reported in the past as "reverse tolerance", where some heavy users report tolerance goes down.

Fuck yes you can.
When I began my journey with cannabis, I'd smoke a joint before going to sleep and woke up completely wonky and stoned.
It's like a hangover, but an incredible nice one.

Once you've built tolerance it'll go away.

This can happen if you smoke a lot or if you do not smoke, vape, or eat cannabis or hash regularly.

This event happened to me back in 1989. Height 183 cm, Wt ~99 kg (no fat at that point 😜). Never had hash before and I found myself with 3 g. With no idea how to use it or the strength, I asked the guy who sold It to me how I should take it and he said just eat it.

So on a Saturday night at 10:30 pm when my parents were on the verge of alcohol induced sleep I ate 1/2 g. At 11 pm, nothing so I ate another half g. At 11:30, another 1/2 g. By this point I was getting pretty pissed off. And I was sure that Murray had ripped me off. At midnight I *knew* I had been cheated, thought fuckit and ate the last 1.5g, going to sleep at 12;30 feeling nothing.

Woke up at 1:30 am, thinking that someone was playing loud music or something. Nah, the noise was inside my head - like a giant red hot buzzsaw cutting through frozen butter. All of a sudden my next door neighbor was pointing a gun at me (he was provincial RCMP drug enforcement) yelling ‘we know you’re on drugs’. Fuck. tried to stand up and couldn’t. I fell to the floor and crawled to the bathroom and puked. I thought I was puking for hours and thought I could taste every single molecule I’d eaten that day. and puked some more.

At ~2pm next day my mother screamed at me to wake up and clean the goddam pool b/c your aunt/uncle/cousins are coming over. I couldn’t vacuum the pool - forgot how it worked, so I just used a skimmer to remove leaves from the top. Barely avoided falling in the pool. My dad came out and wanted to know what was the matter with me. I mumbled ‘drank too much’, finished cleaning the pool and went to bed, avoiding all company.

When I finally woke up on Monday morning I didn’t feel quite so fucked up, but was definitely still high - so 30+ hours. That put me off weed for a few years. It was what we used to call soap bar hash.

Zero tolerance and a strong dose combined can be a bitch.

Tom