• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Feeling out of it and confused the day after dxm.

lightblue543

Bluelighter
Hi,
I'll to keep this short as I really can't think straight.

Had a decent 1st plateau dxm trip last night, took around a low 1st plateau dose around 12:15am last night, then on the comedown took another 1st plateau dose around 6am, which I probably shouldn't have done as this seemed to prolong the comedown/trip and at that point, and even though I was still somewhat back to reality, I started feeling somewhat mentally confused. I fell asleep around 9am, woke up around 4pm today, and as far as I can tell, it has pretty much worn off, I'm not getting music euphoria, motion euphoria, disorientation etc. and my environment looks somewhat familiar again.

However, it's been 19 hours since the first dose (7pm here in the UK) and I'm still feeling out of it. I have slight, fleeting anxiety but it's nothing major, some level of derealization, and a feeling of mental confusion that feels almost delirious. I get that with the afterglow you feel some level of "euphoric yet mentally dumb", but this is different.

I have had kidney issues in the past after an acute kidney infection year ago, and my kidneys have been fairly damaged ever since, although not to a severe degree. At the first dose last night, I felt kind of cold/shivering, which after past experience I know is a symptom of kidney strain. I sort of considered this confusion might be a symptom of an oncoming UTI, especially given that my kidneys where pre-occupied with removing the dxm from my system (pretty sure that's correct but as I say I can't think straight now) and I wasn't really drinking water during the trip, so I went to the local shop to get some bicarb of soda, and took some in warm water. I'm going to continue doing this every 2 hours until it goes away.

With that said, it's possible this isn't a UTI and is a direct result of the dxm itself.

Is this common? How long do you think it will take to go away? Should I just wait till I fall asleep tonight and wake up to see if it's gone?

Thanks.

Last edited:
19 hours since the first dose, but DXM lasts quite a while and you redosed twice so you shouldn't expect the effects to end until the duration of DXM after the last dose. I remember back in the day I'd take 240mg of DXM and feel it basically most of the way through the next day. I used to like that back then.

General the most common class of dissociatives (which DXM is not in, but still, it's possible it's an effect common to an NMDA antagonists) is bladder/kidney damage. Or else it was psychosomatic from your discomfort. Either way, it's clearing up now. It's probably that DXM is not for you. Personally I do not react well to it.

I'm sure you'll be fine since it's clearing up. Lesson learned though, not all drugs are for everyone.

Sorry no one replied earlier.

Thats just dxm mane, Personally i feel weird for 2-4days after a trip.
I usually end up taking around a gram in a few doses though.