Mental Health Feeling like your memories arent your own

TheLightBringer

Bluelighter
Anyone else got the feeling after getting sober that their old memories arent even their own? Doesnt even feel real anymore, feels like the memories of another person in my head, I dont even recognize who I was before. I was just a blur of all the masks I put on with all the drugs

It feels like memories from another lifetime, so distant yet so nostalgic. Anyone else that can relate to this?

Yes...not once time.Sometimes it seems,thst your minds aren't yours.

They are memories from another lifetime ...as time passes we all grow emotianally spiritually and mentally ...how we perceive things changes as we get older....those days when you are a younger self without a care in the world they dissapear leaving a nostalgic memory .Now we care about our health and struggles ....such is life

They are memories from another lifetime ...as time passes we all grow emotianally spiritually and mentally ...how we perceive things changes as we get older....those days when you are a younger self without a care in the world they dissapear leaving a nostalgic memory .Now we care about our health and struggles ....such is life
This is precisely how I feel now. It changed dramatically when I got clean/sober and became a mum.

I had a professor who used to say, "Humans are constantly in a state of becoming." We are always changing and our actions and experiences can be catalysts for that change. After several years of mania with some psychosis thrown in and depression on top, I feel like I am not the same person anymore at all. Rather than reminiscing about who I once was when I was extroverted and happy-go-lucky, I have learned to love myself for who I am now. I am now introverted and quirky as well as more empathetic and patient. I liked who I was before but also like who I am now. Maybe I will change again as I get older, who knows?