View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Feeling like you need to take a piss on phenethylamines

Transcendence

Bluelighter
Forgive me if I'm not at my most articulate right now as I am quite severely tripping balls, but is it considered normal to feel like you constantly have to urinate while under the influence of serotonergic phenethylamine compounds? I've noticed this side-effect prominently while using 2C-C and 2C-T-7, and to a more limited degree when using 2C-E.

It's quite annoying really although not altogether unpleasant...

...but bothersome like a DOB dragonfly.

I've had that occour on occasion with high dose DOC and 2c-e trips. I just drain the vain and make sure to keep drinking water, juice, or gatoraide during the trip. Never noticed any long term effects, or even lingering into the day after the trip. Never got it from even high doses of 2c-c though.

Yeah I remember going for a walk on 2C-C and by the end of the 30-45min walk I swear every step seemed to compress my bladder since it was so bursting full. With 2C-E I noticed longer than usual pisses but I wasn't sure if time time was just getting dilated, haha..

Absolutely; I get this quite often.

it is annoying because I'm constantly going to the bathroom and it distracts me from my trip. It does seem to happen specifically with phenethylamines. I don't get it from LSD or mushrooms.

Weird. I don't have any definitive answer, maybe someone with more anatomy/physiology information can help out.

It's not trouble urinating or painful, it;s just frequent urination. I also notice on 2C's I tend to be more thirsty and drink more water. Maybe it's just a side effect from boosted metabolism.

I remember at high doses getting a never ceasing strong urge to drain before I wet myself, yet ever trip to the bathroom yielded nothing, it can be irritating.

I also had this happen on a few 28-40mg 4-aco-mipt trips as well...

Yeah I get it on 2CT7 as well.
Pretty annoying cause I usually wanna lay down. But not too much of an annoyance.

Also, psychedelics sometimes enhance bodily sensations or cause outright illusions related to them. For example I used to feel really cold on almost all of my trips. A friend of mine though got a constantly shifting kaleidoscope of bodily sensations, hunger alternating with thirst and with the need to urinate. All of these may be in your mind or just a baseline sensation brought out of proportion.

As most of the phens have a strong stimulating effect on the body, I don't think this effect is such a big surprise. Just remember to keep yourself hydrated. I usually drink a lot and because of that have to visit the toilet quite often when I come down from 2CE or after the 6-hr-mark of Bromo-Dragonfly. During the peak I simply don't care about drinking/eating/visiting the toilet. But when I come down I feel like after a big hiking trip or whatever. Simply have to eat and drink.
This effect is not that strong on LSD, that's right.

The only Phens that made me need to urinate were DOB, DOI and DOC.

MDMA was fine, 2c-I was fine, LSD(which is technically part phen) is fine.

This always happens to me on phens, it is pretty annoying, but for some reason also feels good at the same time.

I always seem to notice the first effects of a psychedelic when I'm taking a piss...

i seem to pee a lot when i take 2ce

sometimes i also get a feeling of pressure in my gut - is it my bladder, kidneys, intestines...? i dunno

kinda worries me...

The phens that don't cause me to pea(LSD, 2c-i, MDMA, mescaline) are the only phens I find interesting and don't make me worry about my health.

The other phens: DOB, DOI, ect.

Cause me to worry and I urinate a lot.

My conclusion: Some phens are not good for your body, avoid them...

Actually on 2C-E I had this sorta happen before. I cant really explain it the same way as you did though.

I found a lot of times I had that sorta tingly feeling you get when you start to pee. Like that first electric signal that your brain sends or whatever. And it was there a lot. But I never had to pee.

The couple times I did pee on 2C-E I loved listening to it as the sound warped.

I kinda wish I coulda pooped on 2C-E so I coulda seen it lol.

I frequently get the urge to take the piss on phenethylamines, but that's a different kettle of fish altogether! =D

If you are a male and this happens consistently with each use of A, PEA, or even Ephedrine and other CNS stimulants, it can be an indicator that you have an enlarged prostate gland. Not a good sign for a young man, but it isn´t caused by these drugs, so have fun if you can get over the urinary urgency.
If you don´t want to see a doc, you can always give yourself a good knuckling! ;)

^So 90% of people who ingest phens have prostate problems?? Couldn't be that these compounds work as diuretics could it???? Does this count for the millions on phen based pharmaceuticals (effexor, albuterol, etc)??

Yeah exactly, anything that stimulates your CNS is a diuretic and well there for make you want to urinate.

The fact that your tripping makes it feel.. werid. Much like it makes every thing else weird.

Ever had any other body problems on these psychs? They feel a LOT different to what they normally do. So the diuretic effect would also feel different.