R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

feeling distant from longtime best friend

swangin12

Greenlighter
this isnt about love or sex but about a friendship

i dont have a lot of friends but i have 3 rly close friends. one of them is my best best friend and longest friend for about 9 years now. in the past 4 years, we havent hung out as much because she went off to school in a city 5 hours away but we keep in touch almost everyday on facebook and not seeing each other all the time doesnt rly bug us... we hang out maybe 5 times a year. i say she is my best friend because apart from how long weve stuck together, she's the only one that knows every detail of all the shit i have been through. i feel comfortable to say anything to her and vice versa.

for some reason lately, ive been feeling like our energies are different and i think it has more to do with me changing than her. were very vulgar w each other and like to pretend to be mean with each other, or just troll each other, but ive been realizing that she has a propensity to purposely dislike most things i do, or purposely disagree with what i think. or when i tell her random stuff that i get excited about, she responds nonchalantly or tries to make me feel like an idiot by asserting that she already knew about whatever im telling her.. implying that im slow on things and that its old news. at this point i cant tell if shes just kidding around or if deep down there are underlying insecurities with her, and if there are i cant think of where they stem from.... all i know is that for some reason its been bugging me more lately. it used to not bug me as much, id brush it off. maybe its bugging me because right now i have other people in my life who seem more supportive and positively receptive to what i say, even tho i havent known em as long.

i thought about her so much today especialyl because we hung out today and i couldnt tell if she was always a bitter,angry person or if she'd changed..... most likely shed always been that way but it ALMOST felt as if i was starting to not rly know someone whom ive technically known for 9 years. and that tripped me out because even though we dont see eahc other often due to her schooling, we do talk about everything everyday. im not really sure what to think about our friendship. i still see her as a close friend but i never would have thought id doubt her or our friendship. for the past 9 years, i always regarded her as my best friend. and now suddenly i got myself questioning if she really fits the description of a true best friend. is this something i should bring up with her? its just so weird because weve never actually fought or talked about our friendship besides the fact that were best friends

Don't label it.
Also, friends come and go. Sometimes your friend will be busy. Sometimes you just won't click. Who knows, maybe you will go back to being close in a few years.

Don't worry about having a "best friend" either. Enjoy friends companies.... best friends, good friends, whatever.