View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Feeling detached after LSD trip

Plurple

Bluelighter
I took 3-4 hits of really good acid around 12 am on Monday. It was my first time tripping on acid and I had taken .2 of MDMA the day before and felt no effects. I planned on only taking one hit, but because I didn't feel the MDMA the day before I wanted to make sure I felt the acid, and that I was seeing things. I remember reading somewhere that around 2 hits is the max of what beginners should take and that experienced trippers should take 4-5 hits to truly feel the effects of it. I said screw it and I wanted to see everything that acid was about. Because I was feeling nervous I didn't take all of it at once either. I did however take it all within the span of 45 min.
During my trip I felt really alone in my head and I was scared of letting go of my reality. I let go of my reality because I knew my mind was in a scary place and I knew I couldn't get out of it. So, I just decided to roll with it.
Now, even today I still feel just really in my own head and disconnected from everyone else. While I was tripping I realized I am no longer in love with my partner who recently beat me. It made me realize that I really am alone and that I don't depend on anyone, like in my "old" reality. I feel new and reborn and like I'm learning everything over again, just with a new light and perspective. I love and hate it at the same time. I still love my mom and the rest of my family. Just with a new light.

What are your experiences with detachment and "spiritual" trips?

Yeah sounds like you had a hell of a go of it. I often have trouble letting go too when tripping that hard, better things normally come after letting go.
Maybe the distance is useful if you need to extract yourself from your partner? It's good not to _have_ to depend on anyone.

It's impossible to accurately recommend how many hits one should take to have a strong trip unless you know how many mcgs are on each hit, but four hits off of any sheet I have experience with would definitely be way too potent for someone that has never experienced LSD before. Though it sounds like you had a difficult experience I do believe things could have gone much worse for you.

The things LSD show us can be hard to define with words. It is how you percieve them and what kind of meaning you decide to attach to them that will determine how the experience affects your overall perception of the world around you. I would recommend following your intuition and ending the abusive relationship you are currently in.

As time passes you will find it becomes easier to make sense of the thoughts and emotions felt after a strong dose of LSD. That feeling of detachment will leave, and be replaced with a feeling of oneness if you let it. In a way we are alone, as you are the only person you can one hundred percent depend on in most cases. Realizing that we are all one and the same should help bring you back to a more spiritually comfortable outlook. It just takes time.

Some derealisation is a fairly common thing after tripping, and this might be the disconnection and detachment you feel. It passes, often through the process of assimilating what you have learned.