• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids feeling constant interdose withdrawal with pain meds.

maryanne77

Greenlighter
I have been on opioids for a long time for pain. I wanted to take a break with kratom and used kratom extracts also. now back on pain meds and feel like I am in constant daily withdrawal. the only thing that helps is doubling my opioid dose but then I will run out. So what I thought would lower my tolerance and it seems like I have done the opposite. did this happen to anyone else?

I am probably going to try and get off again because doctors do not increase meds anymore. maybe if I stop without the kratom I can get my tolerance down. I cannot live waking up every morning in withdrawal. I feel like I am losing my mind.

I am in similar situation, but sometimes i dont feel wd for 10 hours, another tíme i am hot/cold, restless after 4 hours..i Can take more yes, but than i would have a seizure (had one 2 weeks ago and it caused me to suffer tripple arm bone fracture. Pain as fuck !

I have been on opioids for a long time for pain. I wanted to take a break with kratom and used kratom extracts also. now back on pain meds and feel like I am in constant daily withdrawal. the only thing that helps is doubling my opioid dose but then I will run out. So what I thought would lower my tolerance and it seems like I have done the opposite. did this happen to anyone else?

I am probably going to try and get off again because doctors do not increase meds anymore. maybe if I stop without the kratom I can get my tolerance down. I cannot live waking up every morning in withdrawal. I feel like I am losing my mind.
Yea I totally get it, you’re not alone … dealing with chronic pain is tough. I meant to thank you for commenting on my post yesterday & I’m sorry you can relate. Sometimes I think about the idea of growing my own poppy plants to try to make my own tea or so I can have enough natural pain meds of my own without having to deal with doctors & all the politics involved in medicine these days. But I don’t know the first thing about growing them or if my environment is even suitable for it.
You have my empathy for sure … I don’t think some people (including some doctors) realize how tough/strong you have to be to deal with chronic pain
Sending support & hope for things to get better
Big hug 💜

Last edited:
I am in similar situation, but sometimes i dont feel wd for 10 hours, another tíme i am hot/cold, restless after 4 hours..i Can take more yes, but than i would have a seizure (had one 2 weeks ago and it caused me to suffer tripple arm bone fracture. Pain as fuck !
Oh no! I’m so sorry, I hope your arm gets better soon 💜

Kratom will SKY ROCKET your opiate Tolerence do not mess with Kratom if your taking opiates IMO...Get back on the opiates and keep it as low as possible and wait it out its gonna take some time prob a month but you will start getting better relief as time goes on...This is just my opinion from my own experience so take it for what its worth...Best of Luck!

Oh no! I’m so sorry, I hope your arm gets better soon 💜
So sorry 😞 i cut my thumb and needed 6 stitches. It was so crazy painful. Nothing was stopping the pain . Ofcoarse i also have a tolerance to pain meds but since trying kratom i believe it has doubled. I want to get off to somehow reset tolerance. The withdrawal freaks me out. I hope i am able to get off for a month or so. I don't want to use Kratom this time. Its a shame because it did help through initially. unfortunately the tolerance factor made it worse.

Kratom will SKY ROCKET your opiate Tolerence do not mess with Kratom if your taking opiates IMO...Get back on the opiates and keep it as low as possible and wait it out its gonna take some time prob a month but you will start getting better relief as time goes on...This is just my opinion from my own experience so take it for what its worth...Best of Luck!
Thank you

Yes being opioid dependent is a never ending roller coaster of mild withdrawl and dosing if you want to keep a steady dose and not increase it.

I’ve been on the same dose for 5 years and never had to increase it because let myself withdrawal every second my pain allows me to in order to keep my tolerance low.

Nature of the beast

Yes being opioid dependent is a never ending roller coaster of mild withdrawl and dosing if you want to keep a steady dose and not increase it.

I’ve been on the same dose for 5 years and never had to increase it because let myself withdrawal every second my pain allows me to in order to keep my tolerance low.

Nature of the beast
Unfortunately, I am on the same dose for a decade it no longer takes care of the pain and most doctors do not increase dosages. I also have chronic kidney stones and chronic kidney disease my nephrologist told me NSAIDs keep him in business and said my kidney failure will increase if I continue to use them. that is why I hope taking a break might bring my tolerance down.

Unfortunately, I am on the same dose for a decade it no longer takes care of the pain and most doctors do not increase dosages. I also have chronic kidney stones and chronic kidney disease my nephrologist told me NSAIDs keep him in business and said my kidney failure will increase if I continue to use them. that is why I hope taking a break might bring my tolerance down.
I’m so sorry what’s happening to you and everyone else.

I can’t beleieve this is happening in America. We hand criminals crack and fentanyl addicts all the massive doses of methadone they want even if they still use fentanyl and crack daily and ppl with real physical painful diseases get told to kick rocks.

This definitely isn’t a free country and I very much intend to throw away everything I’ve built here at some point as I age because I do not want to live in a country where we are too fucking pious to

1. Prescribe narcotics to ppl that otherwise become disabled or suicidal

2. All euthanasia

i blame it all on America being a theocracy, which it is despite what the constitution they’ve shitted all over says

If you're a chronic pain patient and plan to be on opioids for some time you may want to look into ULDN or LDN (Ultra-Low Dose Naltrexone and Low Dose Naltrexone). It apparantely works very well for lowering tolerance. I've not tried it for this purpose though I have read a lot of positive anecdotal reports.

Do A LOT of research if you decide to try it. Naltrexone is an opioid receptor antagonist (like Narcan), so if you don't know what you're doing then you may go into precipitated withdrawal, which is hell on earth. I think the naltrexone dose is usually kept to 2mg or less a day

If you're a chronic pain patient and plan to be on opioids for some time you may want to look into ULDN or LDN (Ultra-Low Dose Naltrexone and Low Dose Naltrexone). It apparantely works very well for lowering tolerance. I've not tried it for this purpose though I have read a lot of positive anecdotal reports.

Do A LOT of research if you decide to try it. Naltrexone is an opioid receptor antagonist (like Narcan), so if you don't know what you're doing then you may go into precipitated withdrawal, which is hell on earth. I think the naltrexone dose is usually kept to 2mg or less a day
thank you so much. I will do some research. it would be wonderful if I could find something that would lower my tolerance.

thank you so much. I will do some research. it would be wonderful if I could find something that would lower my tolerance.
You are very welcome! I hope that you find something that helps!

There's also agmatine which is an amino acid that's sold as a supplement. Some people use it to reduce tolerance to stimulants and kratom. Not sure how well it'd work for opiates but if it works for kratom then it might work for other opioids. All I've read about agmatine has been anecdotal. It seems like there's more solid research behind LDN.

Best of luck to you 🙂

I’m so sorry what’s happening to you and everyone else.

I can’t beleieve this is happening in America. We hand criminals crack and fentanyl addicts all the massive doses of methadone they want even if they still use fentanyl and crack daily and ppl with real physical painful diseases get told to kick rocks.

This definitely isn’t a free country and I very much intend to throw away everything I’ve built here at some point as I age because I do not want to live in a country where we are too fucking pious to

1. Prescribe narcotics to ppl that otherwise become disabled or suicidal

2. All euthanasia

i blame it all on America being a theocracy, which it is despite what the constitution they’ve shitted all over says
So many people suffering. People being abandoned by pain doctors the government going after the few docs that help. I feel like the powers that be want disabled people dead . Especially the poor.